The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Group Finder tool

Parsifal
Parsifal
✭✭
I'm just curious: why does no one seem to use the group-finding tool, but instead spam the chat for groups? In my experience the tool works extremely well...it makes sure that you have the necessities (tank/healer/rest dps), and is really easy to use...not to mention it can run in the background while you are doing other things in-game.

The only drawback of the group finder seems to be the fact that next to no one uses it! While leveling it seemed to get a decent amount of players and I would get into groups pretty quickly, but post-vet I can stay in the queue for hours, even for the daily vet pledge dungeons. I can understand people not wanting to use it for things like SO or vet DSA, but other than that I'm at a loss!
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    personally I have tried the group finder tool on several occasions. It had not once provided me with a single player to group with. I read in another thread that I am not alone in that experience. I asked then if anyone had been able to use it successfully and not a single person said they had. I believe this tool to be broken, but I also understand that ZOS are looking into fixing it. I have loads of group dungeons, including 95% of the undaunted missions left to do because I find getting into groups painfully difficult.

I hope this gets sorted soon, because I am nearly finished all the solo quests and I would most likely be a VR14 by now if I could get into groups more readily. I find this extremely frustrating, because all the best loot and the fastest way to level up require groups. With so much content aimed at groups, it's a mystery why this hasn't been a major try priority.
    Edited by Dru1076 on February 26, 2015 12:48AM
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Parsifal
    Parsifal
    ✭✭
    Dru1076 wrote: »
    personally I have tried the group finder tool on several occasions. It had not once provided me with a single player to group with. I read in another thread that I am not alone in that experience. I asked then if anyone had been able to use it successfully and not a single person said they had. I believe this tool to be broken, but I also understand that ZOS are looking into fixing it. I have loads of group dungeons, including 95% of the undaunted missions left to do because I find getting into groups painfully difficult.

I hope this gets sorted soon, because I am nearly finished all the solo quests and I would most likely be a VR14 by now if I could get into groups more readily. I find this extremely frustrating, because all the best loot and the fastest way to level up require groups. With so much content aimed at groups, it's a mystery why this hasn't been a major try priority.

The reason that you can't find anyone to group with is, I believe, simply because no one else is using it. I've gotten many a group with it, but almost all of them were at lower levels, and most were closer to the release date last year. I don't think that the tool itself is bugged at all, because every time I've used it (when there were actually other people using it too), it worked perfectly.
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the link right now. But ZOS indicated in a similar thread to this that they are aware the system is bugged, and they were looking into getting it fixed. If I get time I will post a link for you. Maybe you are right... But I not so sure. I think of it worked, people would use it all the time.
    Edited by Dru1076 on February 26, 2015 1:26AM
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭