Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newb Question

Sky Chancellor
Sky Chancellor
✭✭✭
Even though I am VR14 I haven't replaced a enchantment from a "set" that I've made. The one time I attempted to do so, I don't think it worked.

My question is that if I make a VR weapon, shield, armor etc., and I enchant them with my own enchanter (or items), can I replace an enchantment with another one?

E.G. Bow with reduce armor enchantment, replace it with fire damage enchantment (both VR14 kuta glyphs)?

I didn't want to waste my enchantments and wasn't sure if I would be able to do this.

Thank you!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can overwrite an enchantment with another one. The old one will be lost.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I am VR14 I haven't replaced a enchantment from a "set" that I've made. The one time I attempted to do so, I don't think it worked.

I didn't want to waste my enchantments and wasn't sure if I would be able to do this.

Thank you!

In the early days, there were set items where you could not replace the Glyphs. I don't think that is the case anymore. I recently replaced the Mana Regen's on my Warlock Jewelery set (VR1) and it gives me 47 points of Regen stated, but something like 59 points of regen once equipped (and that is after the softcap)

If your concerned about wasting a good gyph, try it with a cheap one. If you can replace the existing glyph with a cheap one, then you can replace the cheap one with a better one. Neat.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Thank you!

In the early days, there were set items where you could not replace the Glyphs. I don't think that is the case anymore. I recently replaced the Mana Regen's on my Warlock Jewelery set (VR1) and it gives me 47 points of Regen stated, but something like 59 points of regen once equipped (and that is after the softcap)

If your concerned about wasting a good gyph, try it with a cheap one. If you can replace the existing glyph with a cheap one, then you can replace the cheap one with a better one. Neat.

That's interesting. I didn't know you could replace set enchantments, I will have to try that. Also, I will try just using some cheap enchantments to change the stats. Thanks for the advice Nestor, and also Sharee. If anyone has any more to add, it would be appreciated.

I think I might try replacing some Jewelry glyphs from sets. There are some sets I would like to wear.