The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Addon request: Hold modifier key to Walk/Run, rather than toggle

bradleypariah
bradleypariah
✭✭
Title pretty much explains it. I'm a n00b, but I'd be willing to attempt this on my own.

If someone else can make a mod that allows the user to hold a key to walk, then let go to run (or vice-versa), that'd be awesome.

If you can point me in the right direction to making such a mod myself, that would be appreciated just as much. I'd be happy to share the mod once it's made.

I'm a sound guy. I know Wwise and implementing audio through engines, so I understand video game development and a tiny little bit of coding, but movement behavior modification is not something I have ever come close to attempting. It's safer to assume I know next to nothing.
I would love a link to a good tutorial.
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm in key bindings you can bind a key for walk/run. I use f12, basically 1 button press toggles between the two then of course i can use shift to sprint.

I do not understand what you are asking for if this doesn't accomplish the request.
  • bradleypariah
    bradleypariah
    ✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    I do not understand what you are asking for if this doesn't accomplish the request.
    ME wrote:
    a mod that allows the user to hold a key to walk, then let go to run (or vice-versa), that'd be awesome.

Not sure how to be more clear than that. I don't want to "toggle" between walk and run, I want to hold a key to walk, then let it go to run.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    ME wrote:
    a mod that allows the user to hold a key to walk, then let go to run (or vice-versa), that'd be awesome.

Not sure how to be more clear than that. I don't want to "toggle" between walk and run, I want to hold a key to walk, then let it go to run.

Im not sure what kind of keyboard/mouse you have, but this would probably be easier to accomplish with a Macro. Set up a macro that toggles on walk when you press the key down and then toggles it off when you release the key.

Though, it should definitely be doable with an addon as well. If you don't have a macro capable mouse or keyboard, I would place the request for an addon here~~~> http://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165

ESOUI is basically the home of the ESO addon community.

EDIT: You actually already have it there, so nevermind that part about ESOUI.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 22, 2015 8:13PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    This will not be possible without help of 3rd party software because API function ToggleWalk() is private (addons can't use it).
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • bradleypariah
    bradleypariah
    ✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    This will not be possible without help of 3rd party software because API function ToggleWalk() is private (addons can't use it).

That's a pretty definitive answer.
    The reason I asked is because I want to use a joystick for movement.

In other MMOs, the toggle function is sometimes accompanied by a held modifier key, like shift for example.

If I tilt the joystick less than 75%, the joystick emulates Shift+W. Once I push the joystick passed 75%, it only emulates W. (or vice-versa)
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »

^^ if anyone knows this Garkin does