The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which would be the better race choice in Daggerfall area for Nightblade?

Carol
Carol
Soul Shriven
I'm stuck between Breton, Redguard and Imperial. While leveling I want high dps solo with a mix of range and melee. I tried a Breton with magicka build for low level area and even with points into magicka I found the bow did more damage, which I didn't understand. I've always played mage type classes but I think I need a change so if I go with bow which other weapon style would work best with it for solo leveling pve? One hander or dual or two hander? More importantly which race would work well for nightblade?
Thanks
  • arqe
    arqe
    ✭✭✭
    Redguard , if you are going to play with Bow you tend to sneak for surprise attacks.
    Redguards got stamina regeneration as a Race bonus that helps you move sneak without losing too much stamina.
    Also for Nightblade , Half Tank / Half Damage Works really good. Redguard also got One-Hand & Shield bonus too.
    So you'll be more durable.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard -
    10% Stam
    10% Regen
    Adrenalin Rush - Restores stam when damaging an enemy with melee attacks
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you love swords, redguards are the way to go! Even if you don't! There's a redguard for any situation. :smile:
    120px-ON-icon-Redguard.png
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Carol
    Carol
    Soul Shriven
    Started me a redguard :) Thanks for the advice.

Still a bit stuck between the different weapons. Dual, two handed or one hand & shield. Is any of those better than the other, even if it's just personal preference I'd love to hear about it and your reasons.

My other big confusion is the attributes. Weapon skills use stamina and class skills use magicka. So which should I put points into? I can't see it being good to split between all 3, stamina, health and magicka... that would be kinda jack all but master of none scenario wouldn't it?

Thanks for your patience.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carol wrote: »
    Started me a redguard :)Weapon skills use stamina and class skills use magicka. So which should I put points into? I can't see it being good to split between all 3, stamina, health and magicka... that would be kinda jack all but master of none scenario wouldn't it?

Thanks for your patience.

Which is why I rolled a Breton for my Night Blade. I can put my Attributes into Health, Glyphs into Stamina and use the Bretons Natural magic and use both sets of skills......

However to your question about the weapons. Dual Wield meshes well with the NB skills in my mind, especially the passives that increase critical strike with daggers (and you have two of them). Plus my favorite skill, Veiled Strike just screams use Daggers. That is the weapon skill I would develop first.

On the other hand, having 1 handed shield can give you more armor, and increase your stats (using a glyph on the shield). But you are doubling up on some skills that you already have in the NB Class, rather than complimenting or adding to your repertoire.

But you really want a ranged weapon and a close up weapon, so Bow or Destro Staff would be a good counter to the DW.

As for using stamina vs magic, why not use both? I split my bars putting 2 or 3 magic skills and 2 or 3 Stamina skills. I use up one side until the reserve is depleted, then use the other side. Or you can mix things up and deplete things more slowly, even to the point that regen will keep it topped up. Although I will say that once I started using more Stamina (and having more Stamina Attributes) my NB got deadlier.

1.6 will seem to favor more of a focused build (all Stamina or all Magic) but that is really for Trials and PvP content, not the rest of the game.
    Edited by Nestor on February 24, 2015 11:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"