The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ZOS! SORT IT OUT!

LazyLewis
LazyLewis
✭✭✭✭
So who else is fed up off standardized responses? Who else is fed up of excuses? Of listening to people saying "We're exploring a number of option's to fix this issue"

FIX LAG ZOS

Yes I do realise that there has been other threads about this same topic since Um....Lets see....The beginning of the game.....But there is only two option's that we have to make a change.

1. Quit the Game
2. Complain until they eventually do something

I play this game in Medium Custom Settings (No Grass etc.., Medium Subsampling, lowest View Distance and Particle suppression) I can only compare the graphics I play this game on to Morrowind graphics. A game that came out 13 Years ago this May. I have a decent enough gaming computer (only 1 year old) so none of these factors stated above is part of the issue.

Last night alone I can name 5 different occasions where there so much lag in a fight that no one was taking any damage whatsoever. I can guarantee 20-30 keeps a week minimum are won/lost through lag fights. The most hilarious thing about lag fights is that we are so use to it now we have come up with tactics that we can apply when these lag fights begin. That statement in itself is ridiculous.

With 1.6 being around the corner and ZoS's only focus right now what can we actually expect to change in the future? It has been one year since this game has launched next month and they have yet to resolve this ongoing issue. Do they not realise that PvP is the only continuous End Game Content that is any fun. There is only so many time's you can do a Trial before it gets boring where as PvP is for ever changing. With Buy To Play in 3-4 weeks and then console release in June and then they will have to provide some more PvE content to keep people happy when can we actually expect a fix and maybe even an honest answer like "Our bosses want us to do this first".

When this game goes to console isn't the main aspect going to be competitive PvP ? How do they expect this game to be any sort off hit with people like myself and many others posting online about how crappy PvP latency and FPS is.

With Buy to Play only a few weeks away this lag will only get worse and probably drive away half the people who come back to the game who already bought it within the last year and drive away even more who try it out for the first time. Would you buy this game if you looked at the PvP reviews? PvP is your long term client basis. Always has been in these games. Good luck ZoS. How you will ever handle this from March 17th I could never guess. Good Luck.
DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya, they really need to do a more thorough job killing all the deer and torchbugs.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like my post from last week is relevant here:
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    They have stated time and time again that they are working towards fixes for the lag. They have stated that optimization is a major priority and they are constantly working toward fixing it.

ZOS, like all software development companies, is divided into teams. The UI team and the balance teams can not help optimize the game to reduce lag. The content developers and art teams can not work toward determining the cause of server problems.

To complain about new content while lag persists displays an fundamental misunderstanding of game development, and is not productive.

EDIT: From the last 2 weeks:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1534610/#Comment_1534610
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1531096/#Comment_1531096
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "this thread has been closed because it has violated the code of conduct"
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the sources, Spamming skills in a corner to build ultimate is being fixed in 1.6 by changing the ultimate generation system. You may have heard people accusing the other side of intentionally lagging the server. This is what they are doing to lag it.

I would also go ahead and go through tech support just to make sure some of the lag is not on your end. I thought the same thing till I went through tech support and they identified the problem for me. It's not a once and done correspondence, you have to keep with it. I have not experienced any lag since it was fixed, though I do not play on Thornblade where the skill spam is happening.
    Edited by Armitas on February 23, 2015 2:21PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Latdogg
    Latdogg
    Have you tried updating the drivers on your video card? My computer is about 1 year old as well and I was having issues. I updated my drivers and now can run on ultra with grass and everything with zero lag. I also used to get a lot of random loading screens but not anymore. Worth looking into instead of complaining on a forum.
    Edited by Latdogg on February 23, 2015 2:50PM
    VR-4 DK (Nord) - Urlachera
    Brotherhood of WHIskies
    Pride of the Pact
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slowly but steadily the the PvP population is finding out that if you bring enough people to a keep or scroll temple, none of the abilities will be usable, nobody takes damage and the entire server lags out, while keep flags still flip and scrolls can still be picked up and transported. This is what ESO PvP is turning in to.

Since it's been nearly a year without any meaningful improvements to PvP, I'm slowly accepting the fact that holding my breath any longer will just lead to asphyxiation.

Deal with it?
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like my post from last week is relevant here:
    They have stated time and time again that they are working towards fixes for the lag. They have stated that optimization is a major priority and they are constantly working toward fixing it.

ZOS, like all software development companies, is divided into teams. The UI team and the balance teams can not help optimize the game to reduce lag. The content developers and art teams can not work toward determining the cause of server problems.

To complain about new content while lag persists displays an fundamental misunderstanding of game development, and is not productive.

EDIT: From the last 2 weeks:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1534610/#Comment_1534610
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1531096/#Comment_1531096
    +1.

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• Rasimir
    Rasimir
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    One of the sources, Spamming skills in a corner to build ultimate is being fixed in 1.6 by changing the ultimate generation system.

I'm sorry, but that is not true. Spamming skills doesn't generate ultimates anymore, but the spamming itself will still be possible. Whoever wants to create a problem will still be able to do so.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rasimir wrote: »
    One of the sources, Spamming skills in a corner to build ultimate is being fixed in 1.6 by changing the ultimate generation system.

I'm sorry, but that is not true. Spamming skills doesn't generate ultimates anymore, but the spamming itself will still be possible. Whoever wants to create a problem will still be able to do so.

Hopefully, and I use that term with little of it myself, they will be banned in 1.6 for intentionally lagging a server. With no good reason to do it they should stand out and with no excuse to defend themselves. Though there is still the matter of anything actually being done about the offenders.
    Edited by Armitas on February 23, 2015 4:18PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would PVP ALL THE TIME if I didnt have to do it at 20 fps, and having to deal w lag every time I'm near a keep. It is sad that such a great PVP zone with such great potential has to be turned into *** because of server performance and optimization..
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the sources, Spamming skills in a corner to build ultimate is being fixed in 1.6 by changing the ultimate generation system. You may have heard people accusing the other side of intentionally lagging the server. This is what they are doing to lag it.

I would also go ahead and go through tech support just to make sure some of the lag is not on your end. I thought the same thing till I went through tech support and they identified the problem for me. It's not a once and done correspondence, you have to keep with it. I have not experienced any lag since it was fixed, though I do not play on Thornblade where the skill spam is happening.

if you don't play on thornblade than your chances of encountering lag heavily decrease.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

if you don't play on thornblade than your chances of encountering lag heavily decrease.

So does your chances of finding worthwhile fights that aren't orchestrated or staged.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is why in every single thread devoted to the problems in Cyrodiil with lag and population this or that, I recommend the same thing.

CANNIBALIZE ALL THE CURRENT PvP SERVERS. PORT THEIR HARDWARE INTO 2 GIANT PvP SERVERS. Upgrade the software to the biggest and best population handling software known to man. Turbocharge the server hardware, put a frakkin' HEMI in it if you have to.

1 Vet
    1 Non-Vet

No more buff campaigns, no more crying about this faction only plays on this campaign, that faction plays on the other campaign. Everybody will be forced to play together, they got no where to run. IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS!

Daisy-chain all the damned things together if you have to, make it work. It can be done, the technology exists, doesn't it? It's 2015 for crying out loud!
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT