The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is Why Combat Skills Should be Disabled in Safe Areas

bellanca6561n
bellanca6561n
✭✭✭✭✭
Beyond the most basic reasons of forced emotes - people forcing you to draw your weapon or control how fast you move - and keeping you from having a normal conversation, is that it can allow one person to grief many. Plus most games don't allow this sort of thing because they know better ;)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever that spell is that causes me to break whatever emote I am doing and pull out my weapon should be nerfed into the ground, dismembered, burned, and the ashes sperad widely to prevent it from returning.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont RP...but that guy is a huge TOOL. Would be cool for you guys is there was a non combat group instance you could go in. I fear this will only get worse after the B2P goes into effect.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Nefrast
    Nefrast
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe these new invincible guards from the justice system should attack anyone who does cast such spells within city borders. Also the only thing which forces you to draw a weapon should be an action from yourself, not things done by someone else.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    I dont RP...but that guy is a huge TOOL. Would be cool for you guys is there was a non combat group instance you could go in. I fear this will only get worse after the B2P goes into effect.

It's just a matter of respect. I don't RP seriously either...because I'm terrible at it! I just don't like to see folks messed with.

If you found a way to sneak into high level group activity and bug-out the final boss so that no one got credit or it extended their completion time, the howling would bring the house down and corrective action would be forthcoming forthwith ;)
    Edited by bellanca6561n on February 23, 2015 7:52AM
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect example of where the game design actually violates ZOS TOS of players interfering with others.

I enjoy seeing everyone spam skills in places like Rawl'kha and having fun, but a few small changes are definitely in order.

- Move the Rawl'kha die station to replace the fake enchanting table by Mages guild. Heal spammers issue.
    - Have a few areas (ie: crafting) where the forced combat actions are disabled, leaving group synergies enabled though.
    - Semi opaque the togglemancer's pets in banks so we can see.
    Edited by Sacadon on February 22, 2015 5:21PM
  • j.frank.nicholsb14_ESO
    How about if there were areas specifically set aside (designated) for RP, and in those areas RP'ers could vote to bump anyone from the area for whatever reason they wanted to - much like bumping someone from a dungeon party (I don't do dungeons here, so I don't know if ESO supports it, my reference was for FFXIV and/or WoW dungeon parties)?

I guess the problem with that would be that guilds would be formed to get groups together to go around and bump RP'ers from the RP areas - sigh.

I guess there really is no solution for the human condition of being jerks and A$$holes.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever that spell is that causes me to break whatever emote I am doing and pull out my weapon should be nerfed into the ground, dismembered, burned, and the ashes sperad widely to prevent it from returning.

It is very annoying.

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One solution that has worked in another game has been to flag players as criminals for aggressing in safe areas. I mention this because Paul Sage was a member of the design team that created that game, and we see bits of that pioneering effort in this one.

One example is the upcoming Justice System and the flagging of players as criminals.

In that other game, once flagged you're killable by other players and the town guards. You cannot log off. You cannot use fast transport. This status is on a timer based on logged in-game time. Just being killed once does not remove the status. You cannot use banks, NPCs will immediately call guards on you if they see you.

It was eventually modified to insta-death if someone called guards on you. No self rez. The healer (you were a ghost) would give you a lecture and one rez. Repeat offenders had to wander awhile as ghosts seeking Priests of Mondain who were tasked with resurrecting the wicked.

I've always favored online game design that uses griefers rather that outright stops them. As the gentleman above said, you can't stop those human south bound excrement chutes. But you can use their antisocial impulses to enrich you game....as dung enriches the soil ;)
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you talking about Rapid Maneuvers? Because that skill does not need to be nerfed into the ground at all. Do you know what it's used for? We, in the PvP community, use it to quickly get to and from keeps quickly. Skills do not need to be affected by your fantasy world; this is a game, afterall.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Strychnox
    Strychnox
    ✭✭
    That kid is so annoying
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you talking about Rapid Maneuvers? Because that skill does not need to be nerfed into the ground at all. Do you know what it's used for? We, in the PvP community, use it to quickly get to and from keeps quickly. Skills do not need to be affected by your fantasy world; this is a game, afterall.

I cast that in town pretty often, if I need to get somewhere.. I wanna go there fast :D
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you talking about Rapid Maneuvers?[sic] Because that skill does not need to be nerfed into the ground at all. Do you know what it's used for? We, in the PvP community, use it to quickly get to and from keeps quickly. Skills do not need to be affected by your fantasy world; this is a game, afterall.

And what could be more a fantasy world than player versus player combat in this game :* You...your people....sounds like one of Mother Morrowind's speeches.

Nobody is saying, nerf, but you're not reading closely...or at all. You're keyword scanning, and Cyrodiil is not a safe area.

There are few abilities more useful than Rapid Maneuver there especially if you die a lot.
    Edited by bellanca6561n on March 12, 2015 9:34AM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »

I cast that in town pretty often, if I need to get somewhere.. I wanna go there fast :D

And if it were just you, or your group, or people in combat, that would be fine.

The issue of forced emotes is about messing with folks without their consent. And so is nerfing or eliminating useful abilities.

Either is...bad.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

It's just a matter of respect. I don't RP seriously either...because I'm terrible at it! I just don't like to see folks messed with.

If you found a way to sneak into high level group activity and bug-out the final boss so that no one got credit or it extended their completion time, the howling would bring the house down and corrective action would be forthcoming forthwith ;)

You said it perfectly: It's just a matter of respect.

I'd like to see many cities/town decree a largely magicka-free area, to stop silliness. Of course sometimes doing that is a bit like a red flag to a bull though; players that lack respect will find another way to make themselves as annoying and rude as possible. Also there's the added problem that in some cities/town, there are various missions that require you to fight NPCs.

So unfortunately there's no simple answer. In my experience I've just found completely ignoring them, and having your group do likewise seems the best method. Soon enough the little children (in mannerism, not age) will tire of their silliness if they don't elicit some kind of response.
    If you can be anything, be kind.