Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Nine-Month Loyalty Reward And More"

• ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    I am sad that the loyalty rewards program is being discontinued! @GinaBruno : Can we get some additional info on why the program ended and are there plans for a new loyalty program in the future for subscribing members?
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sad that the loyalty rewards program is being discontinued! @GinaBruno : Can we get some additional info on why the program ended and are there plans for a new loyalty program in the future for subscribing members?

I say it is simply because with the upcoming Crown Store, why give away what they could put up to sell in that in-game virtual currency store?

I don't think they would want to answer so bluntly themselves, as it is exceedingly self serving, catering to newcomers and leaving loyal players in the dirt after the loyalty distribution of the Striped Senche around mid March...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    folklore wrote: »
    Your mount/costumes will be placed into their new "Collection" inventory. Which you can activate the tiger mount as a skin to appear over your other mounts. It is lovely. :D

Wait...so the Senche is a mere skin?? it's not a seperate new pet??
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Your mount/costumes will be placed into their new "Collection" inventory. Which you can activate the tiger mount as a skin to appear over your other mounts. It is lovely. :D

That's what I'm wondering. Does each character just hit "H" like we do now to call our Senche mount or does each character have to deposit it back in the bank like we do our pets so another character can withdraw it to use it ?.
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭

That's what I'm wondering. Does each character just hit "H" like we do now to call our Senche mount or does each character have to deposit it back in the bank like we do our pets so another character can withdraw it to use it ?.

If you log into PTS you can try out 1.6 now. All of the Pets and mounts are account-wide. They are in the collections tab and available to all of your characters.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say it is simply because with the upcoming Crown Store, why give away what they could put up to sell in that in-game virtual currency store?

They explained it in ESO Live on 21st January.

In short: They first planned to continue that way. "Keep paying a sub and you get stuff." But they felt this didn't fit the whole "do whatever you want" since you were essentially forced into getting some pet or mount or whatever without having a choice. So instead of continuing the program, they give all subs 1,500 crowns a month so you don't just get what the devs think is nice, but you can actually buy whatever you want.
  • Ezerphel
    Ezerphel
    may I ask you what utility would have to retire it? I'm wondering why paying a premium subscription when it will not be anymore essential to play the game should not be considered a greater demonstration of loyalty by us, as well esteeming that the premium subscription price shall increase compared with the actual subscription fees? Notice please that if I couldn't yet fullfill 9 month's subscription was not because I didn't want to play, but because of major force real duties occurred in the past months after the release of the game. So I'm not asking to keeping develop the Program, but only to give to users like me the opportunity to fullfill our ESO's virtual collection. This would also influence my chose of buying other 6 months of premium subscription next time in Tamriel Unlimited.

Consider please to keep availble the Loyalty rewards for those who're keeping to pay for Premium accounts in Tamriel unlimited, it would be kind and useful for both users and developpers.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we get crowns for being a sub we get a monthly loyalty reward to spend at the shop on what we want or save it for something bigger at the shop. No need to give out a gift every couple months when they are giving us crowns for being loyal and subscribing
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like another option besides the freaking evil ass devil costume please. Or make it BoE so I can sell it . Kudos on the tiger but if I see a variant of it in cash shop ima be pissed again.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like another option besides the freaking evil ass devil costume please. Or make it BoE so I can sell it . Kudos on the tiger but if I see a variant of it in cash shop ima be pissed again.

Get ready to be upset. Will be multiple senche mounts in the store. Not striped but other skins.
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭
    Did they say when they will be giving out the 3, 6, and 9 month loyalty rewards to those who (will) qualify based on time purchased on their account? Will they send them the same day as the Senche Mount?
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    On the last anoucment about loality program it said and I quote this is the only way to get this mount (talking about senche tiger)
    It won't be in the crown store I am not very good at explaining things if you want to anwser this please read the article on this site but to get to the point
    This is hinting the other loality programs wil be in I think this is a great idea is it happening I would like a zos worker to anwser if it's not a secret
    If no I would love it if you guys would put them in the crown store still rewarding the loyalists or what ever you call them
    By giving them free things instead of paying crowns and also will get you guys more money for more things to buy for crowns
    The last good thin about this is it allows more collectors to buy more stuff thanks for reading (sorry if worded weirdly)

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • paulovaca
    paulovaca
    Is there a way to see how many days I paid?
    And "The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount", WTF???
    I paid for the "The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase", didn't I?

• abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    paulovaca wrote: »
    Is there a way to see how many days I paid?
    And "The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount", WTF???
    I paid for the "The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase", didn't I?

Go to your Account and click on Billing, it's under the Support link at the top of this page. You can find your days paid there.

The first 30 days were free, you weren't billed for them so they don't count toward the mount.

http://esoacademy.com/news/12-month-loyalty-reward/
    Edited by abuniffpreub18_ESO on February 25, 2015 3:08PM
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭

no there are going to be in the collections menu watch 4 weeks ago eso live

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭
    So how many days do we have to show as paid for in our history to make sure we qualify for the mount, the two pets and the mask? Are 300 paid days sufficient since the mount needs the most number of days?
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    CodexMMO wrote: »
    So how many days do we have to show as paid for in our history to make sure we qualify for the mount, the two pets and the mask? Are 300 paid days sufficient since the mount needs the most number of days?

From the post linked below:

"If you've been exploring Tamriel for nine months, you have another special gift coming soon! We're adding the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter to our loyalty program. Inspired by none other than the dread lord of madness himself, no enemy will escape your unnerving countenances when you wear it into battle—or just around the tavern to creep out your friends.

This reward joins the High Hrothgar Wraith and the Loyal Dwarven Sphere as a token of our appreciation. When you've been a paid subscriber for nine months, you'll receive it in your in-game mail! We plan to start sending this new costume at the end of February, so keep your eyes peeled.

We'd also like to talk about another special reward, the Striped Senche, which was announced in our recent Road Ahead update. To obtain this regal mount, you need to meet two criteria: 1) you must be an active ESO subscriber on March 16th, the day before we launch Tamriel Unlimited, and 2) you need to have 300 total days of paid subscription time prior to March 16th. This is the only way to get your hands on this feline companion—it won't be sold in the Crown Store."

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/19/nine-month-loyalty-reward-and-more
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭

"If you've been exploring Tamriel for nine months, you have another special gift coming soon! We're adding the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter to our loyalty program. Inspired by none other than the dread lord of madness himself, no enemy will escape your unnerving countenances when you wear it into battle—or just around the tavern to creep out your friends.

This reward joins the High Hrothgar Wraith and the Loyal Dwarven Sphere as a token of our appreciation. When you've been a paid subscriber for nine months, you'll receive it in your in-game mail! We plan to start sending this new costume at the end of February, so keep your eyes peeled.

We'd also like to talk about another special reward, the Striped Senche, which was announced in our recent Road Ahead update. To obtain this regal mount, you need to meet two criteria: 1) you must be an active ESO subscriber on March 16th, the day before we launch Tamriel Unlimited, and 2) you need to have 300 total days of paid subscription time prior to March 16th. This is the only way to get your hands on this feline companion—it won't be sold in the Crown Store."

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/19/nine-month-loyalty-reward-and-more

Does that mean that after 3, 6 and 9 months have elapsed we will still get those things? Or will they just get dropped in our collections on March 17th?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Does that mean that after 3, 6 and 9 months have elapsed we will still get those things? Or will they just get dropped in our collections on March 17th?

Yep exactly. It doesnt matter anymore how long you played. Drop a few bucks and you get all the loyalty rewards too. You wont have to play 9 months or even 3 months. Just pay for it. Plus you get 10 times the crowns someone like me who paid since day one gets.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on February 26, 2015 5:51PM
  • violetarc
    violetarc

Yep exactly. It doesnt matter anymore how long you played. Drop a few bucks and you get all the loyalty rewards too. You wont have to play 9 months or even 3 months. Just pay for it. Plus you get 10 times the crowns someone like me who paid since day one gets.

So those of us that have been here since day 1 and never lapsed our membership are now going to have no real "loyalty" rewards. They should just call these "subscription payment rewards". As a true "loyal" player, who reported bugs in beta, this bites.
    ESO Fishing addict? Me too.
    101 Guide & Journal
    http://fishingintamriel.com
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    violetarc wrote: »

So those of us that have been here since day 1 and never lapsed our membership are now going to have no real "loyalty" rewards. They should just call these "subscription payment rewards". As a true "loyal" player, who reported bugs in beta, this bites.

Welcome to how STO veterans feel.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • jvh808
    jvh808
    ✭✭
    There really should be something exclusive for those of us who have been online without a lapse in our account since March 30, 2014 (5 day early release). I believe we were all under the impression the Imperial class was only going to be available for those early order Imperial editions, it is still available and will likely always be since it has been this long... The mask and tiger was awesome, until it included 9 months prepaid time and not past subscription time alone.

We have absolutely nothing to for us stand out and that is a huge slap in the face for us when you consider what we endured through... The bank dupe was huge one. A lot of us, including myself, had our accounts banned simply because we had an item in our inventory which was purchased from the guild stores. The research timer glitch which not many knew about, the mass amounts of bots.... I can go on for quite a long time with a list...

Come on Zenimax... Do the right by those of us who did right by you...
    Edited by jvh808 on March 3, 2015 8:53PM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wasnt loyal as the game was bollocks.

When i see someone on the senche i will think they are either a fom player, dk or ridiculously tolerant.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • AureateRN
    AureateRN
    ✭✭✭
    Something I do not understand is why an extremely short term lapse in subscription, unplanned and immediately rectified, brings loyal players back to day one in the loyalty program. It is nonsensical.

These are simple, no-fault issues, such as a someone's debit card spending being over the daily limit because another large payment came through unexpectedly late that day, or someone canceling one credit card and restarting another and a mix up happening in the interim, or a parent choosing to purchase expensive medicine for their child over a weekend and/or ZOS billing on Sunday before a monthly direct deposit, received by a credit union on Friday, was not posted until Monday. These issues are unforeseeable and of extremely short term duration, immediately taken care of, in some cases within mere hours of notification, and should not take loyal players from many months of progress in the loyalty program back to day one.

These loyalty gifts cost ZOS nothing. They are code, nothing more. Yet ZOS chooses to treat loyal players who have one, not a pattern lapses, but just one brief lapse exactly the same as those who intentionally quit the game for up to several months.

I am embarrassed when I think that I bought this game as a gift for friends and family, because some ZOS policies are completely capricious. It appears to be the same arbitrary nonsense with people who pre-paid to receive other loyalty rewards as well. ZOS has their money, as is the case with the briefly lapsed subscriptions, but does not want to deliver on its end of the deal.

As a matter of fact this is all sounding less and less legitimate the more I think about it...

I also do not like the feeling that loyal players are being treated with less respect by an American company than they would be by Square Enix, an honorable gaming corporation working out of Japan and China...CHINA!

***This is no reflection on your Customer Service personnel, who have not only faced layoffs, along with your Developers (another thing I find absolutely mind boggling) but are without exception in my experience, polite and as helpful as they are allowed to be by ZOS policy.***

"...people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

• AureateRN
    AureateRN
    ✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »
    I think the people at ZOS have made the criteria pretty clear. If one has BEEN loyal (not WILL BE loyal for 300 days in 6 months...) for 300 days when they launch "Tamriel unlimited", the mount will be mailed... If you hesitated, you lost... pretty clear.... I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think paying for future time counts... or should count--

I don't see anything official written in green here on this subject yet. I would hope this has been solved and that pre-payments will count. If not I believe they are not acting in good faith, as I have already discussed.

Edited by AureateRN on March 5, 2015 4:16AM

"...people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

• CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭
    Any word when we will get these rewards?
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I got yet another worthless trinket for the 9 month loyalty award the Face Mask. Wow.......................... It will sit with the other useless loyalty awards I have received. It would be nice if ZOS handed out skill points, a nice armor set or CP points for that matter instead of this junk. Oh well I am not playing the game for awards however it would be nice if it was something useful.
  • shultzlpub14_ESO
    shultzlpub14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Missed the mount by 5 days. :'(
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed the mount by 5 days. :'(

I would have missed it by 15, but I purchased a game time card and added paid time that way. I've heard there might be some still at Walmart.

• pzzed
    pzzed
    Soul Shriven
    I'm wondering if its possible to bu a 90 day-recurring sub, cancel it, and get it again to make this work. I probably wont be able to get time cards so I may just be SOL here :< This is what I get for being away for so long...