The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield Stacking - Easy Fix

Panda244
Panda244
✭✭✭✭✭
I myself have never had a problem with it, I could probably be called out for it too... But that's besides the point, simple fix to make shield-stacking less reliable because I know that as it sits it's rather overpowered in 1.6, and still riddled with bugs.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/152276/bug-damage-shields-preventing-some-cc-from-working#latest

For reference. Now for the fix.

Make the "Disease" debuff effect Damage Shields, so if you get hit with Dark Flare, your Igneous Shield is 40% less effective.

Problem Solved. Thank you... Thank you...
g1366846791355195367.jpg
Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
#FreeGooey
#FreeAsgari
#FreeAoE
#FreeSubtomik
#FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So basically you want to buff healing debuffs... and what does that have to do with the stacking :confused: ?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    So basically you want to buff healing debuffs... and what does that have to do with the stacking :confused: ?

Not buff the healing debuffs... Just make them effect shields, I mean call it a buff if you want but regardless, it fixes the issue... Does it not? :stuck_out_tongue:
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• FMonk
    FMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no "issue" with shield stacking on live. Damage shields haven't been overpowered since the harness magicka/annulment nerf.

PTS doesn't work for me, so I can't comment on 1.6.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FMonk wrote: »
    There is no "issue" with shield stacking on live. Damage shields haven't been overpowered since the harness magicka/annulment nerf.

That is exactly true, I don't understand why people see 1.6 and think shield stacking is the problem since that mechanic didn't change from 1.5.
    On 1.6, you have tons of your main resource (in the case you are stacking shields, magicka, obviously) due to no softcaps and since most are using 3 cost reduction glyphs (because other enchants generally suck on 1.6), abilities are very cheap. Also, magicka based shields (Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka, Healing Ward) are stronger, naturally.
    Wich is also the main reason people think Sorcerer is good in 1.6 PvP, because he alone has access to all 3 magicka based shields, Hardened Ward probably even being the most important one, as it absorbs all kinds of damage and is cheaper than Healing Ward.

However, just nerfing shields would have a negative effect, as damage, especially stamina based, is very high, and health is very low overall, light armor also has next to no mitigation.
    So don't fight the symptoms, not going to help anyone (well, besides stamina users, who would be incredibly overpowered).

edit: typo
    Edited by ToRelax on February 18, 2015 10:13AM

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, I don't have an issue with shield-stacking, and never have... This thread is just so that people can stop QQing and see the simplest fix for their low damage output :wink:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually Harness Magicka is both my love and my curse.

People who spam it can fight me forever, but without it I die to far easier / =

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anything changed in 1.6.3? I think the problem with touching shields is just one side of the coin. With how hard damaging abilities hit and now with impenetrable being a lot less effective, being the other. I just don't see what options they leave people
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

its OP as heck in 1.6
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is a good start.

Edited by Cody on February 19, 2015 4:02AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    As I said, I don't have an issue with shield-stacking, and never have... This thread is just so that people can stop QQing and see the simplest fix for their low damage output :wink:

its not about damage output. I can break down the shields easy enough, players just never seem to run out of them.....
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

It was seriously OP before nerf, and still OP after it. DMG shield stacking was, it is, and will be overpowered.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »

its not about damage output. I can break down the shields easy enough, players just never seem to run out of them.....

And sorcerer class shield is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO überlowcost, even if you cant use anything, you can still spam it 2 times. Bad ZoS bad.

AND ITS NOT TROLLING.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminishing returns is the solution to shield stacking, not buffing heal debuffs. Example being you put 1 shield on, its at full effectiveness. When you put another on, it should be X% weaker since a previous shield is on. Simple, effective. This across the board 15% nerf just hurts anyone that uses a shield in an attempt to make it so you can't stack shields up to 40k health.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, I think the Softcap removal was a huge misstep.

They should have raised the softcaps based on your available Champion Points and have the diminishing returns from overcharge follow a curve from overcharge to hard cap. If you are 25% from overcharge to hardcap, then your points are (1-0.25)x100%= 75% effective and so on.

Of course it is too late now to reverse this mistake in design and they will be left balancing things until console release and beyond.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Darklord_Tiberius
      Darklord_Tiberius
      ✭✭✭✭
      Huntler wrote: »
      Diminishing returns is the solution to shield stacking, not buffing heal debuffs. Example being you put 1 shield on, its at full effectiveness. When you put another on, it should be X% weaker since a previous shield is on. Simple, effective. This across the board 15% nerf just hurts anyone that uses a shield in an attempt to make it so you can't stack shields up to 40k health.

This is a good point. I am a little annoyed that they implemented a 15% Nerf to all shields while in Cyrodiil, I honestly feel this was a lazy and ineffective way to address the issue at hand. Now that Magika has no cap to it, it is making shields much more powerful and they are still relatively cheap with reduction gear/CP/enchants. However, it is still hard to test 1.6 out due to the massive damage being done by certain abilities, that they say they are working on. Until people stop hitting for 60K to 1.5 mil, we cannot test everything to its potential on 1.6.

I fear for 1.6 honestly. They set a hard date of March 17th for ESO:TU and 1.6 is far from ready. The balance is pretty bad. Last week was wasted because people were trolling with 2h and hitting for unreal amounts of damage. This week is still wasted because though some issues have been fixed it is still happening. I really hope they do not plan to launch 1.6 any time soon, or March 17th will be a mirror of early access/release week(s)
    2. ToRelax
      ToRelax
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Huntler wrote: »

This is a good point. I am a little annoyed that they implemented a 15% Nerf to all shields while in Cyrodiil, I honestly feel this was a lazy and ineffective way to address the issue at hand. Now that Magika has no cap to it, it is making shields much more powerful and they are still relatively cheap with reduction gear/CP/enchants. However, it is still hard to test 1.6 out due to the massive damage being done by certain abilities, that they say they are working on. Until people stop hitting for 60K to 1.5 mil, we cannot test everything to its potential on 1.6.

[..]

The damage shield "nerf" was just to bring it on par with healing, wich already had the 15% decrease, I think.