Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Cost of Oils- EP has reduced cost of oils, why?

DisgracefulMind
DisgracefulMind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, recently an EP player pointed out to me that their oil only cost 600 AP. Being someone who often buys oils, I double-checked the cost of DC oil, and it was 800 AP, as I thought, and had to go check the EP cost of oils, and, sure enough, they cost 600 AP.

DCoils_zps0qj2ismx.png

EPoils_zps4u7loean.png

There may be something I'm missing here, but why would the EP alliance be the only alliance with oils only costing 600 AP? I even had some AD friends go check THEIR cost of oils, and they were also 800 AP, just like the DC cost.

It seems pretty unfair, to be honest, that the factions with lower populations, lower AP gain, etc., are being charged an extra 200 AP per oil, while EP is granted a luxurious discount.

I want it fixed, as I'm sure many of you will as well after you see this atrocity.
Unfortunate magicka warden main.
PC/NA Server
Fairweather Friends
Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTF.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTF.

This was my initial reaction as well.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atrocity indeed! :-0
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I was ready to flame you for making things up and trolling, but this is completely true.

2d150375c1da77c3adb0ef5f826d45e5.jpg

I even checked a different vendor to be sure:

47fc4a38aff93724e3c3c9cd47d8d24b.jpg

Has this always been the case?
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Wow. I was ready to flame you for making things up and trolling, but this is completely true.

2d150375c1da77c3adb0ef5f826d45e5.jpg

I even checked a different vendor to be sure:

47fc4a38aff93724e3c3c9cd47d8d24b.jpg

Has this always been the case?

I would never make up or troll something like this. I want answers as to why AD and DC players are being forced to fork out more AP than EP, and I want my damn AP back for the hundreds, perhaps thousands of oils I've bought. D:<
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you disable your add-ons and reset your router?
    Edited by Kevinmon on February 17, 2015 11:07PM
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTS Flaming Oils to DC and AD, 700 AP each.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has always been the case.

I reported this bug several times in these very forums and didn't hear a peep.

To balance this however the EP scroll temples have raised portcullises which allow you to fire siege inside them easily, unlike the other alliance temples.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you also know that if you crash and die in Cyrodiil and log back in dead, none of your jewelry enchants work correctly until you relog? That bug has existed since Beta through numerous reports.....100% reproducible and 100% ignored.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has always been the case.

I reported this bug several times in these very forums and didn't hear a peep.

To balance this however the EP scroll temples have raised portcullises which allow you to fire siege inside them easily, unlike the other alliance temples.

Quoted for justice and portcullises.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you also know that if you crash and die in Cyrodiil and log back in dead, none of your jewelry enchants work correctly until you relog? That bug has existed since Beta through numerous reports.....100% reproducible and 100% ignored.

@ezareth_ESO‌ Are you for real.......? That explains sooooooooooooooooo much.

Onto the oils, as funny as it is, not really a big deal... Only time I ever use oils is when I manage to sneak inside of an outpost or keep when the enemy is repairing it, and I can dump 6 oils and a banner all at once on their heads... :innocent:

Or when I'm defending, but yeah.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I average 30 oils a day since launch....

I am owed roughly 1.8 million AP since launch.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys should see how cheap EP forward camps are too... y'all still have camps right?
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you'll never get that AP back... xD

Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTF.
    I agree with the general feeling here. Thanks for pointing that out OP! :grin:
    Wololo.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you save the receipts? :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »
    You guys should see how cheap EP forward camps are too... y'all still have camps right?

I do ( =
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »

I do ( =

Funny enough I still have like 15 EP camps from like waaaaaay back in the day and one AD one for some reason and I used my last DC one to eliminate a goup of 30 RPers >____>
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Placing oil pots around me is part of the ceremonial preparations to call forth the Blessing of Dee Tick. You have to combine that with /wand2, cinder storms and /lute.

This is the true reason EP oil is cheaper, we get a discount for the religious nature of our oil purchases.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    milthalas wrote: »
    Maybe they've reached the point where they've earned the wholesale rate thanks to folks like Vortex ;)

@vortexman11‌ Don't hate on my man! Vortex has a doctorate in oil, unlike these fools above! :expressionless:

'scuse me? I am a pro oiler ;)

Nope... You don't sneak behind zergs and put oil down on the ground, all the time. And even if you do, you don't do it vortex style :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sadly I cannot put oils on the ground, as we all know. But don't catch me at a breach. ;)
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    Maybe they've reached the point where they've earned the wholesale rate thanks to folks like Vortex ;)

I remember when me and Armitas wiped like 25 AD because I had an inventory full of 40 oils and kept dropping them wherever he stood, we just kept walking forward and I'd drop a ground oil right on him.

I also remember dropping ground oils whenever someone wanted to 1v1 me since I'm the worst dueler ever. They'd literally just stop, stare, and walk away.

I used to never have less than 30 oils in my bag, so yeah, I'll gladly take the blame for the price difference.

Though, there was this one time we were being gate camped on Haderus and I only had one oil left. That amazing lil oil allowed me to wipe 15 people that charged into the mage guards.

R.I.P. Ground Oils.
    Edited by vortexman11 on February 18, 2015 4:14AM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug. Ep just has a good oil supplier and we buy in bulk. Maybe ad and dc should haggle more.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh...stop complaining u AP farmers :P

Remember when EP didn't have an PVP elite vendor for like 2 months??? :D
    ZOS DEVS play AD..we all know it. Even Columba knows this
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    Oh...stop complaining u AP farmers :P

Remember when EP didn't have an PVP elite vendor for like 2 months??? :D
    ZOS DEVS play AD..we all know it. Even Columba knows this

Not complaining, but I'd like all factions to have some sort of balance. This is a problem, and a bug, and needs to be addressed and fixed. (:
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. I'm okay with this.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZOS_EveP
    ZOS_EveP
    ✭✭✭
    We removed comments from this thread as they were not in line with our Community Rules. Please remember to stay on topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ....perhaps catapults are cheaper for ad? And trebuchets are cheapo for DC?

OK prolly not ....but f each faction had certain items at discount and others were priced higher then it would provide interesting dynamics....esecally if surplus and shortages fluctated....based on well idk maybe make it supply and demand based....

Look at the previous twenty four hours of purchasing history on a vendor.

Then as particular thresholds are passed the price changes....

So for instance....

If vendor sold

500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 100 AP
    1000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 200 AP
    1500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 300 AP
    2000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 400 AP
    2500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 500 AP
    3000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 600 AP
    3500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 700 AP
    4000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 800 AP
    4500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 900 AP
    5000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 1000 AP

This would provide for several intresting dynamics...first lower population factions would get a better deal on weapory. Second, less popular weapons could be sourced cheaper...making them more common. Third more popular weapons (like ground oil and forward camps) would cost more thus negating their op ness by pricing them according to their power. Fourth it would encourage checking multiple vendors since each vendor would have his own supply/demand (unless a military supply chain model is preferred where all vendors for a faction share a supply chain).

The time could be reduced to previous hour (obviously the other numbers would need to change as well, and be made to appropriate values). This would introduce a dynamic to incentivize players coming in during non peak times allowing for more action packed PvP at all hours...

This probably deserves its own thread....but I'm not feeling motivated ...
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    So ....perhaps catapults are cheaper for ad? And trebuchets are cheapo for DC?

OK prolly not ....but f each faction had certain items at discount and others were priced higher then it would provide interesting dynamics....esecally if surplus and shortages fluctated....based on well idk maybe make it supply and demand based....

Look at the previous twenty four hours of purchasing history on a vendor.

Then as particular thresholds are passed the price changes....

So for instance....

If vendor sold

500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 100 AP
    1000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 200 AP
    1500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 300 AP
    2000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 400 AP
    2500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 500 AP
    3000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 600 AP
    3500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 700 AP
    4000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 800 AP
    4500 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 900 AP
    5000 catapults in the last twenty four hours then catapults cost 1000 AP

This would provide for several intresting dynamics...first lower population factions would get a better deal on weapory. Second, less popular weapons could be sourced cheaper...making them more common. Third more popular weapons (like ground oil and forward camps) would cost more thus negating their op ness by pricing them according to their power. Fourth it would encourage checking multiple vendors since each vendor would have his own supply/demand (unless a military supply chain model is preferred where all vendors for a faction share a supply chain).

The time could be reduced to previous hour (obviously the other numbers would need to change as well, and be made to appropriate values). This would introduce a dynamic to incentivize players coming in during non peak times allowing for more action packed PvP at all hours...

This probably deserves its own thread....but I'm not feeling motivated ...

Exactly, and I used to buy 200 oil pots a day.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe change it dynamically based on ratios say the maximum cos of oil is 2500 and the minimum cost is 100.....

All three factions purchased 5000 oils last hour EP bought 1000, AD bought 2500 and DC bought 1500.

So EPs oil price would be calculated:

1000 (oil bought by EP) / 5000 (total oil bought in the last hour) * 2400 (the number of steps in the range of prices) + 100 (the minimum price of oil) = 580

DCs oil price would be calculated:
    1500/5000*2400+100=820

ADs oil price would be calculated:
    2500/5000*2400+100= 1300

Next hour due to pricing ad purchases only 500, ep buys 3500, and dc buys 1500

Ep oil price = 3500/5500*2400+100= 1627
    DC oil price = 1500/5500*2400+100= 754
    Ad oil price = 500/5500*2400+100= 318

So a system like this could refresh say every 15 minutes and examine the previous hour of sales and then adjust the store price accordingly. A faction that more efficiently uses its oil will buy less and thus more frequently have cheaper prices than they would if they used oil unnecessarily. Also a faction that had a lot of players buying oil would have higher costs than a faction where no one used oil (provided they both used them equally effeciently).

It might be a viable strategy to force the enemies prices higher (artificially increase the other two faction prices by convincing your faction to go on economic strike hmmm preventing export...you do this by reducing demand by stopping purchasing enmasse which causes "the workers" to stop producing supply...or some such lore appropriate explanation).

This hour of economic pressure might look like:

AD buys 0 oil, DC buys 1500 and ep buys 3000

Ep price = 3000/4500*2400+100= 1700
    Ad price = 0/4500*2400+100=100
    DC price = 1500/4500*2400+100= 900

This introduces interesting economic layers to PvP.

Dunno if you like it from a group strategy side but there it is!
  • Gizit
    Gizit
    ✭✭✭
    ahh the maths make it stop! BTW this thread is great, good laughs in a rather dark forum.

THanks!
    making my work day better ;)
    I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!