Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Think It's Time to Reintroduce Ground Oil

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    HELL NO. the days of people camping in tiny rooms with ground oils has to stay in the past. it was utterly ridiculous. Same with people setting oil pots on an open battle field and killing everyone around them. its a lame and ridiculous way to get kills. I would rather have zergs be dominant than go thru that [snip] again.

There better ways to fight zergs than making oil a ridiculous weapon. Lets see how the zerg busting skill in 1.6 turns out b4 making more suggestions.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

wait... I can say hell, but not the censored F word?

I don't understand!!!! :(
    Edited by Cody on February 13, 2015 12:22PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sile wrote: »
    Those who complain about ground oils were the ones who were farmed in it. Ground oils were certainly fun, and were fantastic, and I wish they were still in the game.

1 player camping in a tiny room able to hold off an entire group with just one oil was utterly ridiculous(and yes that was possible, do not say it was not) oil was ridiculous, and it needed to be changed. I don't necessarily agree with what change ZOS did, but something needed to happen.

And again, there are surely better ways ZOS can come up with to help us fight zergs than turn a siege weapon into a truly ridiculous weapon. Some have suggested ground based traps, for example.
    Edited by Cody on February 13, 2015 12:27PM
  • Hektlk
    Hektlk
    ✭✭✭
    ZERG IT DOWN
    Potato Syndicate, IR, Havoc
    Ebonheart Pact, North America

Hektík - VR14 Imperial Templar
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sacrificed 20 oilpots to the gods outside of BRK last night in a hope that the fiery inferno would bring their attention to this cause.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durann wrote: »
    No AP if you only do damage with one skill to an enemy.

Could you imagine how different the leaderboards would be if this was the case!?!

*POOF* There go the top 100!
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a way to break the zerg trains up. Something that can separate the group.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    P.S. If your an EP zerger don't comment on this thread.
    Oh snap, oh snap, what happens now?

Ground oil was fine, all you needed was Cleanse and/or not standing in it.

Oh god if this comes back I will never play the DK again for a fact! Nothing like immovable - pour oil - negate - encase - pour - negate . With an impulse or two added in the mix.

BRING BACK THE GOOD OL DAYS!!!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerging is an accepted thing, its ava for a reason that means all hail the zergs and each queen zergling for each alliance.

But some sort of ground oil or ground traps would be nice
    Edited by RedTalon on February 13, 2015 8:17PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Zerging is an accepted thing, its ava for a reason that means all hail the zergs and each queen zergling for each alliance.

The AvA Zerg buster needs to just hit way harder. A minimum 5k dmg increase.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_thermal_weapons#Hot_oil
    Oil of various kinds could be heated to high temperatures and poured over an enemy,[70] although, since it was extremely expensive, its use was limited, both in frequency and quantity.[21][40] Moreover, it could be dangerous and volatile. Since the smoke point of oil is lower than its boiling point, the oil was only heated and not boiled.

Pouring-oil was used in a number of historic battles, and Josephus described its use at Jotapata in AD 67, saying "the oil did easily run down the whole body from head to foot, under their entire armour, and fed upon their flesh like flame itself."[71]

Nowhere here does it say they poured it on the ground and burned peoples feetsies. And in any event, if ground oil were to be re-introduced, the article indicates that the oil's cost should rise greatly given a complete lack of petroleum extraction technology in Cyrodiil. What's $100/barrel converted to AP/Flaming Oil? Should be a lot.

This is considering this game is realistic. Remember that you are laying a game where people shoot crystals and lightning from their hands and sprout wings to make projectiles not hit them. If we're going to be realistic we should also remove all class abilities from this game and also reduce combat to pressing left click and right click at the right time... Sound fun? Of course not. This game wasn't meant to be realistic.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I can whip for 3-4k -- I can whip at least 4 times before that thing goes off.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

agreed
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel is very much against returning oil pots to their former state as the lazy AP farmer's tool of choice. As it now takes some thought to using them Khajiit enjoys them greatly as they no longer smell of those who think that kicking babies makes them tough.

Instead Telel beleives some form of barricade should be added that could be placed in narrow stair ways or on breaches. These would require destruction by assaulters before they could be bypassed.

For an example of such a thing...

Chongche-Ancient-weapon.jpg

image011.jpg

Used in warfare by the ancestors of what is now known as China. Imagine popping one of these on the stair way of a keep or outpost or even one of the hallways on the outer wall of a keep, and forcing a zerg to deal with it as the defenders continue to fight back.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My bats will just beat it into mulch to mix with your corpse.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if it's made immune to player AOE thus requiring burning, sieging, and or even heavy attacks to destroy?

Also Telel would point out that you can not hit this one with bats if they are 30 meters away and an obstruction is between us. Especially when Telel's grand strategy of swift redeployment to somewhere else is in full effect.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • johnyeh87
    johnyeh87
    ✭✭✭
    I am unhappy they took GROUND OIL POTS AWAY :( BUT I AM coming back March 17th :P. SUPERNICO!!!!! It's time to use oil everywhere even though it won't work on the ground, I am still putting them on the ground. LOLLOLOOL
    I AM CANADIAN!!!
    Johny EH?
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    All that needs to be done instead of having ground oil is having something that's able to actually kill zergs and punish players for grouping up. The current 1.6 on PTS has nothing to do this and just encourages players to group up even more.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they can introduce seige traps/ snares etc without the *** dumping hot oil on your own feet. new seige equipment would be interesting.
  • Sile
    Sile
    ✭✭✭
    johnyeh87 wrote: »
    I am unhappy they took GROUND OIL POTS AWAY :( BUT I AM coming back March 17th :P. SUPERNICO!!!!! It's time to use oil everywhere even though it won't work on the ground, I am still putting them on the ground. LOLLOLOOL

GET OUT OF TOWN.

GET OUT.

CANUKISTANI.

<3

Gondor
    Stamplar
    The Kelly Gang
    Eternal Dear Leader of Bad People on a Shortbus
    OG Daggerfall Covenant
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes bring back are old shenanigans please . All of them .
  • johnyeh87
    johnyeh87
    ✭✭✭
    SILE :P I am getting excited for ESO now.. LOL I am still going to have 100+ oil pots on me at all times, EVEN IF I CAN'T USE THEM ON THE GROUND!!! take that ZOS!!! YOu will never take my oil pots from me... ever..... unless you actually delete the item.. then that would be mean.
    I AM CANADIAN!!!
    Johny EH?
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Gondor I recognise those names, it's the people in shortbus who haven't played in 7 months.

Has the mighty hand of Allah summoned their return?
    Edited by Hughezy on February 14, 2015 8:13PM
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly give like a disease oil kinda thing... main reason small numbers cant kill a zerg is because of healers. Some that would allow healing debuffs of mass numbers would help
  • Brotenor
    Brotenor
    Soul Shriven
    Its true, from the last patch 1.5 i just go like 1h per week in pvp. Its no more interesting, only zerg... If i wanted to zerg i just need to go in some random mmo and play massive noob zerg!

Teso was one of the first game pushing strategy at the first plan, from 1.5 more you are more you win, its enough, no strat... Remember before 1.5 map was full of fight, it were like 7 or more aera of fight, they were camp, people run for every strategic point, we run for defence its was strategic, it was fast, it was interesting!

See now.... 1 fight on the map, 150 blue vs 150 yellow or red, zerg.... No more fight, not more tactical, no more danger or risk.... Just play zerg and farm like idiot....

Damn why did you do that? Pvp was so awesome, complicated, everything was different, every defense or assault was impressive, with epic battle epic loose or win. Now.... nothing just nothing that stupid zerg and a terrible feeling of frustration when you loose? Why? We loose cause we are not as good as them? We loose cause they have a good strategy and coordination raid? NO,.. nothing like that, we just loose cause they are larger than us and cause we are trap in our own castle...

Who don't feel that in pvp is just a liar, in all the three alliance, we recently feel that in battle, just the powerless, nothing to do just to watch the larger group win the battle.....
    Edited by Brotenor on February 17, 2015 2:15PM
  • Killer808
    Killer808
    ✭✭✭
    Sile wrote: »
    Those who complain about ground oils were the ones who were farmed in it. Ground oils were certainly fun, and were fantastic, and I wish they were still in the game.

Agree 100%
    Killer Wizard, Killer Priest, Killer Blade
    (HaVoC) "All My Friends Never Die"
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would love ground oil to be back. This is what I equate the people who complained about ground oil and tower farming to https://youtube.com/watch?v=dCeD2gF9jUo
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few easy tactics to combat zergs:

1. Get out of the way.
    2. Stay out of the way.
    3. Use caltrops and volcanic runes.
    4. Use ranged attacks.
    5. Use as many synergies as possible.
    6. Watch the zerg melt.

>:)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Mariiana
    Mariiana
    ✭✭
    A few comments

1. Why all the hating on players that group up??? this is an MMO , dont penalize players for grouping up...ever.
    2. Id love for more siege to be introduced into the game
    3.and WHY was ground oil ever taken away? because it was effective? sure it was good for killing, but an easy fix could have been to make the oil pool size smaller the closer to the ground the oil was placed... since there is no friendly fire, standing in oil isn't a good reason to get rid of it... and if its about "that isn't realistic", hello, it would be really easy for some mid-evil fighter to just pour the oil on the ground in front of them.

Oh and another thing, people seem to over use the term "zerg" , a zerg is when you're overwhelmed by huge numbers , a group so big no skill is required, they just mow you down simply because there are too many of them..An organized group of ~20 people that are following orders from their leader isn't a zerg......just throwing that out there.
    ~~~ EP ~~~
    Mariiana- VR16 Templar
    Mariiahna VR16 NB
    Roheel VR14 DK
    Xinthuur VR4 Sorc
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New AvA skill:
    Devouring Flames:
    Burns nearby enemies for 3 seconds. Burning enemies deal 50 Flame Damage to every player of their own faction within 4 meters.

Burning World (morph):
    Burns nearby enemies for 3 seconds. Burning enemies deal 50 Flame Damage to every player of their own faction within 6 meters. 10% chance to cause enemy players hit by the Burning effect to Burn for 3 seconds.

Everlasting Flames (morph):
    Burns nearby enemies for 3 seconds. Burning enemies deal 50 Flame Damage to every player of their own faction within 4 meters. The effect can not be purged. Purging it will make affected target burn for 3 seconds.

10 people stacked up: 500 damage to everyone
    20 people stacked up: 1000 damage to everyone
    50 people stacked up: 2500 damage to everyone

One target can have multiple Burning effects from different players at the same time.

Note: The Burning effect mentioned above does not equal the normal burning effect. Just didnt come up with a cooler name.
    Edited by Sanct16 on February 20, 2015 1:48AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Gooey wrote: »
    The fact that ZERGING is now the #1 way to play PvP is ridiculous. We all know that the only way to beat these huge zergs with smaller numbers of players was to bring them into a choke and oil them. If not oils, put something into the game other than the detonation skill from the alliance war skill line, that skill is absolutely terrible for what you wanted it to do.

P.S. If your an EP zerger don't comment on this thread.

i think you are a A.D player whos only way at stopping the EbonHeart Pact was by putting 9 oil on the floor or camping in a tower.