Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The show tonight

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still fairly optimistic for Sorcerers in 1.6. In group fights our mobility and control lends so much utility that I am not particularly concerned about effectiveness.
    Edited by Tripwyr on February 14, 2015 8:54PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    1.6 is going to make templars the new 1.2/3 DKs. And I for one welcome our new templar overlords.
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Hey they read my question!

Suck it, shields.

Light Armor is useless now. Shields are nerfed 15% and the incoming attacks can also crit on shields. You cant be an effective spell caster in medium or heavy armor and needed to passives from LA to help you. Being in LA you take massive damage from stamina based attacks and shields were your only safety net as you cant roll as efficient or block as often.

Medium armor has more passives than LA and makes stamina based abilities hit 2-3 times as hard compared to magicka based abilities. A huge imbalance has been created and once 1.6.3 is out it will only get worse.

I don't know what to say, mate.

The sorcs in my guild are doing ridiculously well on the pts, and the damage we are seeing is the highest in game. I'm not a sorc so I don't want to tell you your class, but thus far I have heard no practical complaints from them about functionality. In our group fight tests their magica sustain is pretty much infinate, with hugggggge damage shields and massive burst.

For me, I am merely happy that we will be able to interact with shields properly. Made no sense that class abilities, ulti regen, weapon procs, etc just Stopped Working on shields. It made shields infinately better than HP, which was just broken.

They are using the 3600 champ points. In most 1v1 fights on my sorc if I didn't keep my shields up any stam build could 1 shot me with 26k health. Now in 1.6.3 shields are %15 reduced and can be crit upon. 1 conjured wars is roughly 8k ... 1 wrecking blow is 8k non crit and when crit up to 24k.

There will be no viable way to play sorc come 1.6.3 as a spell caster.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Suck it, shields.

Light Armor is useless now. Shields are nerfed 15% and the incoming attacks can also crit on shields. You cant be an effective spell caster in medium or heavy armor and needed to passives from LA to help you. Being in LA you take massive damage from stamina based attacks and shields were your only safety net as you cant roll as efficient or block as often.

Medium armor has more passives than LA and makes stamina based abilities hit 2-3 times as hard compared to magicka based abilities. A huge imbalance has been created and once 1.6.3 is out it will only get worse.

The sorcs in my guild are doing ridiculously well on the pts, and the damage we are seeing is the highest in game. I'm not a sorc so I don't want to tell you your class, but thus far I have heard no practical complaints from them about functionality. In our group fight tests their magica sustain is pretty much infinate, with hugggggge damage shields and massive burst.

For me, I am merely happy that we will be able to interact with shields properly. Made no sense that class abilities, ulti regen, weapon procs, etc just Stopped Working on shields. It made shields infinately better than HP, which was just broken.

They are using the 3600 champ points. In most 1v1 fights on my sorc if I didn't keep my shields up any stam build could 1 shot me with 26k health. Now in 1.6.3 shields are %15 reduced and can be crit upon. 1 conjured wars is roughly 8k ... 1 wrecking blow is 8k non crit and when crit up to 24k.

No, this is testing done with 70 cp.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Suck it, shields.

When 1.6 initially came out I had high hopes. Spell casting and stamina builds seemed to be on par with one another. However, since then crushing shock the main single target dps for most sorcs has lost %10 of its damage.

In 1.6.3 sorcs are losing a passive that gave reduced spell costs by 10% and making streak, mages fury, crystal frags all costing more. Shields are being reduced in cyodiil along with crits happening against them.

With all of this happening there is no concealable way I can see sorcs surviving a fight longer than 3 seconds. 1 wrecking blow and 2 hand execute will kill most sorcs in 2 hits if they have shields up in 1.6.3. If no shields up a crit charge will be more than enough to kill most in 1 hit.

Sorc spell casting builds revolved around moving and burst dps. With light Armor you NEED shields to protect you from stamina burst/ sustained dps. Having reduced dps and reduced survivability is not the answer. Crystal frags is not a source for sustained dps as any DK can reflect them and and s&b user can too. In 1.6 less skills are giving the insta cast proc which worked very well with crushing shock.

Also in 1.6 if you use a 2h you will have higher spell damage than with a stave. Which makes zero sense at all. Sorcs went from being nothing in PvE and just Negates in pvp to being nothing in both now.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reducing shield amounts in cyr at the same time as making shields crit-able was heavy handed. I think they should have done one or the other and seen how it felt. Shields get no armor or spell resist bonus, so if they do this wrong it could actually hurt you to have a shield up and have the crit value of an attack calculated off of you having no resistances. We will have to see how they are getting surge heals to work through shields...

It's looking like BOL may be a mandatory choice to survive things like funnel health spam (goodbye old friend streak :(). And it seems the mag options have been reduced to 1.) pet-togglemancing *shudder* 2.) proc-fishing 3.) group utility. If you are ok with being stuck in one of those rolls then yeah, I'm sure you're ok with 1.6 as a sorc.

The mag sorc as I've played it is on its deathbed. Now with the changes announced in 1.6.3, 10/12 abilities on my live bar will have undergone nerfs. 10/12! lol I really don't think that hard of a nerf was warranted in any way (I was hoping for buffs!). I guess the play style I enjoyed just wasn't what they had envisioned for the sorc, so they are pushing us out of it. I think I may be able to re-create the feel of my current build with bow/2H or s&b/2H. If you don't want to proc-fish, togglemance, or dance around groups sprinkling sorc love I think stam is going to be the way to go.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Verdwhisper
    Verdwhisper
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    1.6.3 seems to be the final end for magicka based sorcs. Not looking forward to this update one bit.
    Best part was "you have Shards" in response to alternative dps to Crushy Shock.

Yeah because he is so smart and knows that crystal frags doesn't proc itself. So we will all be sitting there hard casting crystal frags over and over every second. Then when a DK comes or another sorc I'll just blink away 17 times since my shields are reduced 15% and 2h does 24k crit rushes while crusty shock did like 6k hit...

Oh the joys of creators not knowing their own games.

Lol, I dunno u care about sorcs!
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Suck it, shields.

When 1.6 initially came out I had high hopes. Spell casting and stamina builds seemed to be on par with one another. However, since then crushing shock the main single target dps for most sorcs has lost %10 of its damage.

In 1.6.3 sorcs are losing a passive that gave reduced spell costs by 10% and making streak, mages fury, crystal frags all costing more. Shields are being reduced in cyodiil along with crits happening against them.

With all of this happening there is no concealable way I can see sorcs surviving a fight longer than 3 seconds. 1 wrecking blow and 2 hand execute will kill most sorcs in 2 hits if they have shields up in 1.6.3. If no shields up a crit charge will be more than enough to kill most in 1 hit.

Sorc spell casting builds revolved around moving and burst dps. With light Armor you NEED shields to protect you from stamina burst/ sustained dps. Having reduced dps and reduced survivability is not the answer. Crystal frags is not a source for sustained dps as any DK can reflect them and and s&b user can too. In 1.6 less skills are giving the insta cast proc which worked very well with crushing shock.

Also in 1.6 if you use a 2h you will have higher spell damage than with a stave. Which makes zero sense at all. Sorcs went from being nothing in PvE and just Negates in pvp to being nothing in both now.

The light armor DKs aren't in a great spot either. Chains is trash -- doesn't work half the time. I can hit something harder with my weiner than with flame whip. I can't really make a hybrid build or I sacrifice effectiveness (e.g. the 1h/sh DK is more or less dead until i get 3894579347 CPs). The 2h/high spell power thingy is a problem for DKs, too.

I mean, I have full morag tong and hawk's eye sets to go medium. Pretty much gonna have to do that. Boring. I like the DK class skills.
    Edited by Oughash on February 14, 2015 11:21PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup. I recall watching a bit of some interviews on youtube. The question was brought up that it would be nice to be able to use the harvested wood materials to make fires (as in campfires). When 'what would YOU do' was turned on the panel, one of them said "make imaginary s'mores" - totally missing the point that it would be a nice in-game add for cooking (especially if fishing can connect to provisioning.

I watched for a bit more - but that was the point where I thought these people (or at least that one person) have no understanding of the actual game.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Yup. I recall watching a bit of some interviews on youtube. The question was brought up that it would be nice to be able to use the harvested wood materials to make fires (as in campfires). When 'what would YOU do' was turned on the panel, one of them said "make imaginary s'mores" - totally missing the point that it would be a nice in-game add for cooking (especially if fishing can connect to provisioning.

I watched for a bit more - but that was the point where I thought these people (or at least that one person) have no understanding of the actual game.

Ya ... There's a lot of giggling on the show . They labeled it a variety show when people started getting upset no one took things very serious . Lorannce Welk had a variety show . This is more of a Lets check in with the people that Role Play and talk about announcements we've already made show .
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got nothing to look forward to come 1.6 myself. They nerfed the *** out of my build over the past two patches and I get to look forward to yet another patch of needs?

I seriously wonder...have any of you guys even looked at the perks in the champion system and how melee oriented they are? There isn't a single powerful magicka perk in the whole system that makes me think man I can't wait to get that..

The more I test and the more I look at what the game will become the more I realize coming back was a mistake. The saddest part is, there is no coming back a second time. With the giant grindfest that champion points have become, a returning player would always be at a massive disadvantage to other players and in pvp that just isn't fun. You're basically given emperor power with maybe a 1000 cp spend.

I originally was really looking forward to a changed up meta...but there just isn't anything exciting on the "road ahead" that involves grinding PvE to keep from falling behind on the pvp curve....

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    1.6.3 seems to be the final end for magicka based sorcs. Not looking forward to this update one bit.
    Best part was "you have Shards" in response to alternative dps to Crushy Shock.

Yeah because he is so smart and knows that crystal frags doesn't proc itself. So we will all be sitting there hard casting crystal frags over and over every second. Then when a DK comes or another sorc I'll just blink away 17 times since my shields are reduced 15% and 2h does 24k crit rushes while crusty shock did like 6k hit...

Lol, I dunno u care about sorcs!

I played a sorc from launch until roughly November when i couldn't even pve with it anymore because the DPS was too low. I had high hopes for 1.6 to fix this. however, like others have said of the 10 skils you can slot between 2 bars only 2 were not nerfed. That is a huge hit when it comes to using a build.

The only option i could see now for sorcs is to go full medium armor and go 2h/bow. But that takes away from all of the passives provided through the sorcerer spell casting tree. Bound armor doesn't even add more armor than 1.5. it is technically massively nerfed due to the conversions.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got nothing to look forward to come 1.6 myself. They nerfed the *** out of my build over the past two patches and I get to look forward to yet another patch of needs?

I seriously wonder...have any of you guys even looked at the perks in the champion system and how melee oriented they are? There isn't a single powerful magicka perk in the whole system that makes me think man I can't wait to get that..

The more I test and the more I look at what the game will become the more I realize coming back was a mistake. The saddest part is, there is no coming back a second time. With the giant grindfest that champion points have become, a returning player would always be at a massive disadvantage to other players and in pvp that just isn't fun. You're basically given emperor power with maybe a 1000 cp spend.

I originally was really looking forward to a changed up meta...but there just isn't anything exciting on the "road ahead" that involves grinding PvE to keep from falling behind on the pvp curve....

I think that the video made it pretty obvious that the people in charge and making decisions don't really play the game.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭

Suck it, shields.

Don't forget any of the upcoming OP templars can reflect that too.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rsciw wrote: »

Suck it, shields.

Don't forget any of the upcoming OP templars can reflect that too.

Forgot all about that. :disappointed:
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a feeling that stam builds are going to be OP across the board (if you can crit on shields after 1.6.3). I thought s&b/2H was crazy on the sorc, then I played it on a NB... I'm thinking now I'm not even going to mess around with LA once 1.6 hits live.

Will have to see what changes hit in the next couple weeks but rally + vigor + s&b block with defensive posture + lightning form + (absorption field, deep slash, evasion, etc. you can stack a bunch of different things that all synergize) feels stronger than the bubbles ever did (at just standing there and sponging up damage). That coupled with the crazy dps you can put out with the 2H and overload (with BOL) I think you have a much more well rounded and rugged build than what you can put together with LA and staffs currently.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if what the majority of the people are saying in this thread is even halfway accurate, would you say that I may have picked a poor time to dust off the level 5 Daggerfall Covenant Sorc with LA/Staff/Magicka build that has been collecting dust since the start of the game so that I can play in PvP for team blue (currently doing pretty well at level 37 on Blackwater Blade)? It's been a blast (literally) so far, but, it doesn't sound like he has a bright future.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this