Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tell me ZoS, why can't it be done?

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
I would like a Dev to explain to all of us why skills and abilities can't be seperate depending on what content we choose to play? Why can't you make the servers for PvP have their own ruleset for damage and balance?

Why must you continue to destroy this game by trying to balance PvE and PvP at the same time? Your customer base knows this can't be done. Why don't you?

We're already being transported to another server when we choose to enter PvP. (at least I think that's whats happening) So why can't all the skills and such be balanced/changed for that content as we enter? Why does every MMO game company go thru this grief and constant forum garbage?

Don't tell me your highly paid programming geniuses can't figure out a way to make this happen? SPLAIN IT TO ME LUCY!!!!!!!
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Effort yo
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you asking them to develop a separate pvp system from pve fight mechanics ? I'm not sure I understand .
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Roe,

Seems the only way to make all sides happy. Our skills and abilities adjust as we enter the PvP server. Then go back to w/e when we leave. Not a small task I know, but it'd be well worth the effort.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting , innovative and logical . You have evolved passed the Dev team .
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been saying this off and on since July. When in PvE land your skills do XYZ and when in Cyrodiil they do XYZ. In 1.6 there is no reason a sorc with a 2h sword should have more spell damage than with a magicka based weapon. The system is very broken in 1.6.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been saying this off and on since July. When in PvE land your skills do XYZ and when in Cyrodiil they do XYZ. In 1.6 there is no reason a sorc with a 2h sword should have more spell damage than with a magicka based weapon. The system is very broken in 1.6.

It's funny to me because stam builds cried so many tears about magicka sorcs being able to stack weapon damage for damage for the longest time....and now the tables are turned and stamina builds are denying how OP they are going to be in 1.6. If you're using a stam build, there's no reason why you should have more spell damage than a magicka build. I thought we all wanted balance, but I guess it's way too much to ask for there to be balance in this game. Critical Charge hitting for over 26k...I'm disgusted.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's funny to me because stam builds cried so many tears about magicka sorcs being able to stack weapon damage for damage for the longest time....and now the tables are turned and stamina builds are denying how OP they are going to be in 1.6. If you're using a stam build, there's no reason why you should have more spell damage than a magicka build. I thought we all wanted balance, but I guess it's way too much to ask for there to be balance in this game. Critical Charge hitting for over 26k...I'm disgusted.

Crit charge is clearly a bug.
    roechacca wrote: »
    Are you asking them to develop a separate pvp system from pve fight mechanics ? I'm not sure I understand .

ZOS stated right from the beginning they don't see us as PvP and PvE player's all as one (pretty lol now they don't see pvp players at all by the looks)

I can understand from a Dev's POV on not wanting to do this creates twice the trouble really and I remember in WoW/Swtor the same thing happening and ppl QQing for it, yet it never happened. This is an unrealistic wish thread, would it be nice? yes will it ever happen in any MMO? no.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember anymore which MMO I played which has done exactly that, but it's possible and not rocket science. Also the functionality is here in ESO as well already, just look at 1.6.3's change to damage shields. Outside Cyro, 100%, inside Cyro, 85%.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying from the beginning this is how PvP should have been handled, There are two very different design philosophies that need to be considered when balancing PvP vs PvE.

From my humble perspective PvE is all about pulling off nasty combos of skills for max damage and coordinating against known variables.

PvP is similar only you are facing off against actual people and output can directly impact other players game experience which needs to be considered.

As the others have said, probably not going to happen though at least not for a long long while if ever.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly possible as the team from Trion figured out how to do it with Rift 4 years ago. Why ZoS doesn't do it, who knows.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    It's certainly possible as the team from Trion figured out how to do it with Rift 4 years ago. Why ZoS doesn't do it, who knows.

It adds complication to a game marketed toward casual players.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Explain how it complicates the game. If you have X ability that does Y damage in PvE it also states it only does Z damage against Players, that's it. Or put another way, if an ability has a 6 second Stun in PvE it also states it only Stuns Players for 2 seconds. It's not nearly as hard or complicated as people make it out to be. From a coding point of view it's certainly more work but that's what makes for a great game, one that has separate balance for PvP and PvE. Anytime you try and balance for PvP it almost always negatively effects PvE, unless the abilities are have separate mechanics.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Explain how it complicates the game. If you have X ability that does Y damage in PvE it also states it only does Z damage against Players, that's it. Or put another way, if an ability has a 6 second Stun in PvE it also states it only Stuns Players for 2 seconds. It's not nearly as hard or complicated as people make it out to be. From a coding point of view it's certainly more work but that's what makes for a great game, one that has separate balance for PvP and PvE. Anytime you try and balance for PvP it almost always negatively effects PvE, unless the abilities are have separate mechanics.

When a new player who just finished level to V1 enters PvP and his skills have completely different damage totals, durations, and maybe even effects, that is vastly confusing.

The average player is not good at video games. This is a skyrim player, not a PvPer.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average player is not good at video games. This is a skyrim player, not a PvPer.
    Fair point, but it's certainly doable by the devs.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    This is an unrealistic wish thread, would it be nice? yes will it ever happen in any MMO? no.

If you've played a few games like this, you would know it HAS happened in other games. 2 of which I've played. Rift and EQ2

EQ2 was the best example. They totally made every spell and ability change when you entered PvP. THEY got it right, and that was like 10 years ago...
    Edited by Dreyloch on February 15, 2015 3:09PM