The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 Provisoning

Paulhewhewria
Paulhewhewria
✭✭✭
Does anyone know if there is a list of ingredients that will no longer be used in 1.6?
This would help me alot!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not yet, but they have said the rarer ingredients used to make blue and purple recipes (Red Wheat, Onions, etc) are safe. Beyond that it seems anything that is used to make faction specific food is likely to be changed, but they haven't said it in so many words.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the input didn't know if the released anything on this because I don't have time to read over 60 patch notes XD
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there is a list of ingredients that will no longer be used in 1.6?
    This would help me alot!

Rare ingredients won't change.

Everything else will be available at the vendor. You'll be able to sell any old stuff that's not usable for the same cost as the equivalent.

So you don't lose anything.

I'm just wondering if everything is on the vendor what their plans for looting provisioning from barrels/sacks will be.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    This would help me alot!

Rare ingredients won't change.
    Functionally they won't change, but they may change cosmetically. So a tomato may become a pear, and the recipes that used a tomato may have their names changed, but the was-a-tomato-now-a-pear is still used for the same thing. So if, after 1.6 drops, you can't find your tomatoes don't panic. They might be pears (or something else - I just picked pear for no particular reason).
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Everything else will be available at the vendor. You'll be able to sell any old stuff that's not usable for the same cost as the equivalent.

So you don't lose anything.

I'm just wondering if everything is on the vendor what their plans for looting provisioning from barrels/sacks will be.
    My guess is that having them all available at vendors is partly because the justice system will reduce the numbers of containers that you can freely loot without worrying about getting caught by the guards.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ✭✭✭
    For a number of very good reasons (consider your friendly guild traders, for one!) we can't really spill what will no longer be in use. However:
    anything that is used to make faction specific food is likely to be changed
    This has a ring of truth to it, in that there is no longer a concept of faction-specific food - all recipes are completely universal.
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a number of very good reasons (consider your friendly guild traders, for one!) we can't really spill what will no longer be in use.
    Wait... But isn't that info that can be figured out using the PTS anyway? So what difference does it make? Or are the ingredient changes on the PTS not going to be the changes that make it into live?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    This is what UESP has compiled so far.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    For a number of very good reasons (consider your friendly guild traders, for one!) we can't really spill what will no longer be in use.
    Wait... But isn't that info that can be figured out using the PTS anyway? So what difference does it make? Or are the ingredient changes on the PTS not going to be the changes that make it into live?
    Please don't introduce logic into a discussion where it clearly doesn't exist, it makes the contributions up till now appear to be silly. ;)

There is this third-party page where some (all?) of the food changes have been itemised:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Provisioning_Ingredients#Provisioning_Revamp_Ingredient_Conversion
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on February 2, 2015 7:46AM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I guess there is rhyme and reason to it all. Take Duck Soup, Formerly Consummate Fishy Sticks.
    DUCK.jpg

You still need Tomatoes, but not THOSE Tomatoes, THOSE tomatoes are now Frost Mirriam.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Yes I guess there is rhyme and reason to it all. Take Duck Soup, Formerly Consummate Fishy Sticks.
    DUCK.jpg

You still need Tomatoes, but not THOSE Tomatoes, THOSE tomatoes are now Frost Mirriam.

Damn, can you at least find Frost Miriam or is it still hirelings only.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭

Frost Miriam and Bervez Juice are going to be hireling- and crafting writ-specific, IIRC. Or, if they will drop in the world, it'll be very very very very very rare.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 1.6.1
    Grocers now sell provisioning ingredients for 150 gold per item.

I didn't get a chance to buy from a grocer on NA characters. Did anyone see 1.6 prices?

So we go from 63g per on live to "lower"? on 1.6 and now up to 150g on 1.6.1 ??

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katkat42 wrote: »

Frost Miriam and Bervez Juice are going to be hireling- and crafting writ-specific, IIRC. Or, if they will drop in the world, it'll be very very very very very rare.

Oh well, I've never had much luck with my provisioning hirelings, mostly I get Snowberries, which are common as muck, occasionaly redwheat, garlic, salt or pepper, but never anything truely rare.

Can't see my luck improving :cry:
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katkat42 wrote: »

I don't think this is the case, my Bank is full of them as they obviously transferred from an old item to this new one. I mean seriously I have like 5-1/2 stacks and have no idea what they used to be on Live. Also for those who don't know yet, with 3/3 Hireling you get 2 stacks of 20 each of an item, including Tomato ;)
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why they dont use pepper anymore :\
    Oh well gotta sell it on live now, since we only get like 10g from it later on...
    or make vr 5 purple food from it now, and it will convert to vr 10 later :)
    byebye pepper
    Edited by CirithValaria on February 14, 2015 3:49PM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well gotta sell it on live now, since we only get like 10g from it later on...

Byebye pepper

edit: or make vr 5 purple food from it now, and it will convert to vr 10 later :)

Pepper prices have already took a nose dive. Best thing to do with pepper is to use it all on purple food right now. If you can make consummate honey brittle, that's the way to go. At least looking at the numbers right now.

My guess is they want to make the best food more rare, and as it stands right now, only 2 of the 3 follow that thinking. My guess is all the VR10 food will be a pain in the butt to make. Which is good for crafters, because maybe we'll have a market to make some profit.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Byebye pepper

edit: or make vr 5 purple food from it now, and it will convert to vr 10 later :)

Pepper prices have already took a nose dive. Best thing to do with pepper is to use it all on purple food right now. If you can make consummate honey brittle, that's the way to go. At least looking at the numbers right now.

My guess is they want to make the best food more rare, and as it stands right now, only 2 of the 3 follow that thinking. My guess is all the VR10 food will be a pain in the butt to make. Which is good for crafters, because maybe we'll have a market to make some profit.

Maybe it's time to invest in the commodities markets...

I've already used all my pepper making consummate honey brittle, if prices have tumbled maybe it's worthwhile buying more as I already have all the other ingredients.

Though I'm still reeling form the decision not to make food and drink stack... I'd spent ages brewing purple drinks!