The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mistform during scroll run?

Talcyndl
Talcyndl
✭✭✭✭✭
I seem to recall they changed it awhile back so that you couldn't mistform while carrying the scroll. Am I remembering incorrectly, or have they now changed it back?
Tal'gro Bol
PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I seem to recall they changed it awhile back so that you couldn't mistform while carrying the scroll. Am I remembering incorrectly, or have they now changed it back?

That was never the case.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it was just streak they changed? Getting old I guess.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always been a thing.

Grab scroll from temple, then drop it outside the temple when safe for your scroll carrier to grab, who usually is a vamp with never ending magicka to mist up and take that baby home.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• DaggerfallTradeMasters
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They slowed Elusive Mist movement speed when carrying a scroll or something I believe
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can even use Lightning Form + Mist Form to be even faster. HAX.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    You can even use Lightning Form + Mist Form to be even faster. HAX.

Probably not after 1.6

I did not check, but most likely both give the same buff (expedition) and thus won't stack.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember back at launch when you could Bolt Escape while carrying Scroll, before Vamp Mist speed was nerfed.
    Those were fun times :expressionless:
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    You can bolt escape while carrying a scroll too. I did it last week. You cannot however use an invisibility potion, it made me drop scroll.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can bolt escape while carrying a scroll too. I did it last week. You cannot however use an invisibility potion, it made me drop scroll.

Wow... either that's a bug, or they re-introduced it and didn't mention it.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember carrying a scroll and got into massive combat, I decided to help kill the enemies, However i use all synergies and someone used veil, How embarassing!

Never use slip away synergy while carrying scroll!
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• DaggerfallTradeMasters
    I remember carrying a scroll and got into massive combat, I decided to help kill the enemies, However i use all synergies and someone used veil, How embarassing!

Haha Veil of Blade i know the feeling mate :smile:
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    They slowed Elusive Mist movement speed when carrying a scroll or something I believe

+ Rapid Maneuver :D
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Same happens if you accidentally use Bats whilst carrying the scroll :P
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I carried a scroll through about 50 reds using mist form on Azuras a couple of weeks back. Good times
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If that is the case, I feel sorry for people trying to catch me after patch.

17 Bolt escapes in a row without using a Potion or Dark exchange on my live set and I can tweak that further given time.

Granted now that everyone is getting huge speed increases on their mounts maybe it won't be so easy for me...
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭

17 Bolt escapes in a row without using a Potion or Dark exchange on my live set and I can tweak that further given time.

Granted now that everyone is getting huge speed increases on their mounts maybe it won't be so easy for me...

Rapid manoeuvres on horseback anyone? Scroll carriers are going to be VERY easy catch now.
    Edited by Imdrefan on February 10, 2015 1:02PM
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rapid manoeuvres on horseback anyone? Scroll carriers are going to be VERY easy catch now.

That has always been available and catching up to scroll carriers on horseback has always been easy.

The problem is once you dismount you throw yourself in combat. A good sorc knows how to manage his resources to allow multiple people to attack him and yet still get away.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That has always been available and catching up to scroll carriers on horseback has always been easy.

Casting maneuvers while still mounted, and remaining mounted, is new on the PTS. It will significantly increase riding speed if it carries over to Live.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭

I carried a scroll about a month ago and this was not the case (streak button grayed out and un-clickable). This is either an awesome (and scary) change for sorcs, bug, or troll bait.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Casting maneuvers while still mounted, and remaining mounted, is new on the PTS. It will significantly increase riding speed if it carries over to Live.

It isn't all *that* that large of an increase, the dismount/recast every 20 seconds or so didn't slow you down that much. Still, catching the carrier was never a problem while mounted. Killing him and stopping him has always been an issue.

17 Bolt escapes in a row every full bar of magicka covers a *ton* of distance.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't all *that* that large of an increase, the dismount/recast every 20 seconds or so didn't slow you down that much. Still, catching the carrier was never a problem while mounted. Killing him and stopping him has always been an issue.

As someone who has maneuvers and a max speed horse, I can tell you the dismount, cast, remount delay results in a speed that is equal to (and sometimes slower than) a non-maneuvered horse. That's especially the case with the "new" animation that stops you completely when remounting.

As for bolt escape, yeah it's fast (and annoying). Out of combat though a maneuvered fast horse can easily keep up. The ability to use it while in combat is the key advantage.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As someone who has maneuvers and a max speed horse, I can tell you the dismount, cast, remount delay results in a speed that is equal to (and sometimes slower than) a non-maneuvered horse. That's especially the case with the "new" animation that stops you completely when remounting.

As for bolt escape, yeah it's fast (and annoying). Out of combat though a maneuvered fast horse can easily keep up. The ability to use it while in combat is the key advantage.

The greater concern to me is everyone is going to be rolling around in max stamina horses and will be virtually impossible to dismount unless they're terrible about it. The stamina increase is going to be just as large as the casting maneuver from horseback increase.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The greater concern to me is everyone is going to be rolling around in max stamina horses and will be virtually impossible to dismount unless they're terrible about it. The stamina increase is going to be just as large as the casting maneuver from horseback increase.

Thats basically a good thing for everyone except gankers that want to kill someone on horseback. I get it feels good to burst someone when there is literally nothing they can do, but thats kind of *** from a gameplay perspective. Should be able to break out of horse knock, simple as that. Any game where there is such a thing as a free kill as bad for design.

edit: and anticipating the "well you shouldn't sprint on your horse argument." Everyone except gankers are in a rush to get places. You can cap a keep in 4 minutes undefended. With the pace of the game you cannot afford to trot around and expect to ever get to a keep, fight, or whatever so that whole argument is just garbage nonsense that gankers like to spout. A ganker should have an advantage with attacking from stealth/surprise factor. It should NOT be a free kill.

Oh and to those questioning whether bolt escape working with a scroll changed, it is still not possible on live.. don't know what that guy is claiming. Its hard to test on PTS given obvious reasons so... hopefully they didn't break it, but as far as I know scrolls havent moved hands much if at all.
    Edited by Huntler on February 10, 2015 5:05PM
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even starting at max stamina, people are still going to be at zero stamina after holding sprint for a little while. So people will still get unhorsed and ganked.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Thats basically a good thing for everyone except gankers that want to kill someone on horseback. I get it feels good to burst someone when there is literally nothing they can do, but thats kind of *** from a gameplay perspective. Should be able to break out of horse knock, simple as that. Any game where there is such a thing as a free kill as bad for design.

edit: and anticipating the "well you shouldn't sprint on your horse argument." Everyone except gankers are in a rush to get places. You can cap a keep in 4 minutes undefended. With the pace of the game you cannot afford to trot around and expect to ever get to a keep, fight, or whatever so that whole argument is just garbage nonsense that gankers like to spout. A ganker should have an advantage with attacking from stealth/surprise factor. It should NOT be a free kill.

Oh and to those questioning whether bolt escape working with a scroll changed, it is still not possible on live.. don't know what that guy is claiming. Its hard to test on PTS given obvious reasons so... hopefully they didn't break it, but as far as I know scrolls havent moved hands much if at all.

Until everyone is rocking the no-loss of stamina while not in combat horse perk in a few months.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tested this tonight on the pts and you cannot bolt while holding a scroll.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider