The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yes, you can play/have fun in AvA/Cyrodiil at Level 10

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This gets asked and answered a lot. I'm posting this here for reference to be able to share it when the question comes up again. Here was my level 10, right after hitting that level, last night in Cyrodiil. (I didn't realize until this morning that the FTC window indicating character level didn't show up in these pics, but look at that crappy gear.)

Level10PvP_1-1.png
Level10PvP_2.png

My character had a short string of killing blows and some double and single killing blows while fighting. The screenshots are from a stronghold defense (i.e. keeps, forts, castles) and show one of the clusters. (I missed taking shots from using catapults, and I decided to use these shots rather than the ones from a stronghold capture and a gate ambush group.)

In the images shown the kills were not from siege but actual abilities, 90% or more this meant using Crystal Fragments and Endless Fury. In one case I did around 60%-65% of total damage, in a couple I did around 20% of the total damage. Not sure about the others. The raid being defended against was overwhelming made up of VR14s.

My gear came from crates and baskets, random looting of mobs, and some early zone quest rewards.

This isn't atypical or special, btw. That's the point. It just takes patience and practice and knowing that you aren't going to be some invincible hero taking on all comers, but instead be prepared to accept a support role.

As has been said many times on the forums for low level players in Cyrodiil:

-Get a piece of siege with your initial AP, a meatbag or oil catapult works best.
-Go defend keeps and outposts or stay in the back of a raid capturing such objectives.
-Use the AP to buy more catapults.
-Use a ranged weapon and ranged abilities (restoration staff is good).
-Don't try to fight one on one.
-Sneak, flank, keep mobile.
-Focus on weakened enemies.
-Have fun (this is the most important part!)
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good post .
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can do that. But it seems boring. More than grinding few days.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    Having done both, killing other players in PvP is by far more interesting play than running in circles AoEing the same groups of enemies.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »

What's boring for one person is fun for someone else. I earned several achievements in an hour and enjoyed helping to take and defend strongholds.

If lower level players want more of a central role, they can have even more fun on the non-veteran campaign. :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • VisceralMonkey
    I agree, it is fun even at 10. The problem though, is, the exp you get is way, way too low for AvA. I'd prefer just to level up in AvA like I did in WvW for gw2...but it's brutally slow.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been there a few times with characters that low. Really fun; the adrenaline is back!

If you don't fight smart (meaning use stealth, try to get enemies a very few at at time without triggering aggo on the "next group") then you die. Fast and often.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if one enjoys doing nothing but sieging and healing, then yes, one can play at lvl 10.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveled Crassus to 28 through quests, hopped in Cyrodiil at level 28, kicked butt, took names, curb stomped faces all the way up to 25% of the way through veteran rank one until I crashed and got kicked out of the campaign for out-leveling it. I got Emperor along the way, made a lot of friends, made more enemies, and became the one true Emperor of Blackwater Blade, one day I'll make another character, name him Crassus Imperatus II, and do it all over again. o:)

The Imperatus Dynasty will reign again!!

Edited by Panda244 on February 8, 2015 10:51PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    if one enjoys doing nothing but sieging and healing, then yes, one can play at lvl 10.

I was out in open field combat just not charging in at the front of the assault. I may try Blackwater Blade for that, but it was still fun on the mixed level server.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may or may not have a level 12 nightblade alt (actually a mule/storage toon) with a big 2 handed sword I love to take into Thornblade and steal Killing Blows with.

its quite funny actually, a level 12 getting KBs on big name people, out of nowhere. Not a care in the world, just a critical charge or an ambush from behind during a big fight. feels good man.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lvl 10 wall of element spam + oils is the best XD
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)