The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Advice for VR14, NB, WW, 2hd, Bow in Vet Wayrest sewers

Telel
Telel
✭✭✭✭✭
TLDR: Recommend a skill and equipment set up for a NB werewolf with 0/30/32 stats, 7 medium armor who uses a 2hder and a bow. Specifically for the final boss fights in Veteran Wayrest Sewers.

Lately Telel has been brancing out from the wide wonderful world of mass murder known as Cyrodiil and trying to learn how to run dungeons so that later they can teach the pups how to win at them the way they teach them how to win at PVP. With middling competence, and a dashing smile that compensates well for failure.

However tonight this one went on their first run with some other folks to attempt a veteran pledge in Wayrest Sewers. Everything was going fine up until we got to Garron the $%$## #@##@$# and his ghostly $%$#s. We wiped six times, and as many of us wished to return to Haderus we called it a night, and vowed to try again later.

However Telel feels that while they have an effective PVP build they perhaps do not have a good one for these veteran dungeons, and is feeling guilt at holding their compatriots back.

So Khajiit beseeches everyone here to perhaps suggest to them a good set up for either the dungeon in general or just that particular boss. They only ask that you take these conditions into account:

1) Telel uses a 2hder, and a bow.

2)They have 30 Points in health, 32 in stamina. This is for PVP and they do not wish to respec every time they do a pledge.

3) They usually wear 7 medium as this permits them to run both a 5 piece hawk's eye (2 rings with stam reduction glyphs, 3 armor w/ well fitted) and Hundings (4 divine armor, 1 +critical weapon). They are not adverse to getting new armor but would like a reason as to why they should change it.

4)Currently using the thief stone, but open to suggestions such as switching to shadow.

5) They would like to keep lethal arrow if possible as it is VERY useful in PVP.

6) They are a werewolf, and that is NOT going to change.

7)They have more than enough skill points to manage a PVE skill set, and PVP so long as they do not need ot use to many extra skills or max out 2 entire armor trees.

8) Max ranked alchemist and provisioner. So any food and potion reccomendations would be handy.

Character: Telel
Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are ways to avoid the drain phase of that boss but they are getting fixed with update 6, so I won't detail them here.

Suggestions:
    - Stack during the drain phase to benefit from AOE heals.
    - Templar Healing ultimate is particularly useful in that phase.
    - Use DK chains to pull the adds close to the boss and AOE dps everything so that you don't get overwhelmed by piles of ghosts.
    - The tank has to keep aggro at all times.
    Wololo.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Temp healer for that dungeon does make it easier. The Temp ultimate heal is great for the final bosses and the lich boss.

I assume you were a DPS for that fight Telel? If so then as Gyudan has said what you want for the final bosses in Wayrest sewers is AoE for the adds. You also want to stay stacked on the boss for easier healing so switching out the bow for a close range attack might be a good idea.

With the changes coming in 1.6 a stam build NB should find it easier to DPS so you may want to wait for that. I don't have enough experience with NBs to recommend a skill bar layout but I personally will usually swap skills and sometimes armour when swapping between PvE and PvP. Different style of fighting required in both.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not dps ing the boss off the tank helps a ton too.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we did have a templar healer but he, and the rest of the pups aside from Suicide, are still learning about the dungeon.

Personally Telel felt that when they were using their 2hder that this one was doing well at killing the adds, but would end up to far from the others for when those rays of death came. So Telel set up a bow bar with crossbow, shades (for damage debuff on boss), entropy, lethal arrow, and evil hunter.

This seemed to work better but we still wiped as our team work and timing was still forming up.

EDIT: Also aside from trying to keep Shades on Garron Telel focused mostly on the adds.

Edited by Telel on February 6, 2015 1:00PM
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never noticed anything particularly difficult in that dungeon. Especially the last bosses which are a piece of cake.
    I manage gold key every time without a death with pugs. So not sure if you're talking about the last 2 bosses.

If you think that dungeon is hard, try vet spindleclutch and the 3rd boss Praxin :)
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as Telel mentioned it was Garron, the lich who keep summong ghosts, who was providing them with trouble.

As they do not like blaming others, or beating a rooster over how great Telel is, they're assuming there is something that Khajiit can change to make their own contributions more useful.

This is what they are asking for. But they thank you for your attempt to bolster their spirits by telling a humble one how great and grand you are in the arts of success.
    Edited by Telel on February 6, 2015 1:33PM

• Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha love your RP. I wasn't bragging at all, I'm quite an average player and only as strong as the weakest link of my group.

But I thought you were talking about the last boss fight which is really easy.

The lich is tricky I'll give you that. You can always try the tunnel technic. Some will say it's lame, I'll say any tactic is valid as long as you don't exploit bugs or unintended game mechanics ;)

On a side note, I may find dungeons easy cause I do them all the time, but I wouldn't last 2mn in PVP. You're good at what you're doing the most ;)
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes. The tunnel trick was mentioned but there is conflicting information about it not actually working anymore.

• Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it last time it was at the dailies. The tank stays in the tunnel and keep aggro on the mobs, the 2 DPS and healer stay back a bit and do what they have to do ;)
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You can do tunnel or corner. Both strategies worked for me last night and both prevent Garron from using that blue death ray.

Besides removing the death ray mechanic, the corner and tunnel strats' biggest benefit is keeping the wraith adds bunched together. However that requires strong AoE DPS to take advantage of. Drop a Volley and then Cleave away. Extra points for dropping a Veil of Blades that covers the boss and 3 or more of the adds.

The corner strat is simply the tank pulling the boss into the corner nearest the tunnel and keeping him there. With the corner strat you usually get at least 2 adds to spawn directly on top of the boss. If you have a D.K. in the group, he should try to chain in any other adds to AoE all 4 at once.

Edit: Addressing the actual question in OP. Your gear seems fine. TamrielFoundry.com has several good NB 2H/Bow PvE builds under the Nightblade theorycrafting section of the forums.
    Edited by jluceyub17_ESO on February 6, 2015 9:07PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah sorry not sure where I got the final bosses from. I blame it being late when I responded.

Sounds like the problem was you needed to stack to help your healer out. That boss is really more of a healer check imo. Your healer needs to drop the healing ultimate when the death ray starts or if it isn't up yet then they need to BoL through it. They need to get magicka back with heavy resto attacks in between dropping healing springs. To make life easier for your healer you need everyone to stack so that the healer will only need to healing springs, top up with regeneration and can drop the armour boost.

That is why people use the tunnel because if the tank holds the aggro of the boss inside the tunnel then the adds will appear in the tunnel as well. The healer and DPS then just stand the other side of the boss. DPS then just need to wipe the adds as soon as they appear with AoE and then focus on the boss.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems that this one's skill choices, and our overall competence are not the problem then and instead our inexperience and PVP habits were the issue. That is somewhat of a relief.

Thank you folks for the advice, but if anyone else has PVE skill and gear suggestions to help with my build please feel free to drop a humble one some hints.

• Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your healer is competent, success or failure on the Garron boss can in large part be explained by how much dps you are doing. If you're having trouble with this boss, see what your dps is.

I usually do around 1500 dps on that boss (including AOE on the adds) on a decent run. Two dps who are pulling 1250+ on that boss will melt him in barely any time.

2h can get 1500 dps on that fight if you are well geared. Use cleave and veil of blades for AOE. Put expert hunter up, and use wrecking blow on that boss for single target. For best effect, swap to bow when adds spawn, put down socrched earth inside the tunnel, then poison arrow bow dot on the boss, then swap back to 2h.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...so there's a use for scorched earth after all? Neat!

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My furry friend, remember your nightblade powers. Drop your veil when the beams appear. When the foes throw their strongest foul magic, or try to ovewhelm with great numbers, the soft strings of veil dampens them. Stay together and kill the little ghosts as a group, to get most if not all down before the beams.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Harleyquincey
    Harleyquincey
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case you missed it: I replied to you in detail via PM.
    EU Server
    Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
    Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bright moons traveler.

This one has a couple of suggestions to bring that already rotting lich to his final rest.

Get in touch with one of those moon crazy undaunted and learn their bone shield technique. Having circle of protection and silver leash from the Fighters Guild will be very useful as well, especially if you are a shadow stalker that wears heavy armour and keeps the enemy busy like this one.

When Garron teleports to the middle of the room, have the bone shield and circle of protection encantations ready. Recast bone shield when necessary. After that the treacherous Garron will summon his minions to help him so silver leash to get them all together for a timed nova, standard or veil. Putting his minions down is key to survive another life draining attack.

Any member of your party, with the exception of the healer since that one will be channelling his divine powers to keep everyone alive, can use these techniques. They serve a single purpose which is to mitigate incoming damage during Garron's channeled life draining attack.

May Jone and Jode light your way to victory, friend.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭