Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I buy a copy now or after Tamriel Unilimited?

LMar
LMar
✭✭✭✭✭
Would it be better to buy a copy now (decent price on Amazon) for a friend and wait until March to start playing (friend does not want to use credit card or any online payment) or should I buy a copy after Tamriel Unlimited releases? I suspect that TU copies might be more expensive that current copies..
Might not be the best forums to ask :P I am still bringing a new player into the game though!
"If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
"Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is possible to buy a gametime card in a normal physical retail store. So your friend should be able to take advantage of the free month without having to do an online payment. So i recommend buying it now while the price is good.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to set up payment even if you are going to use a timecard and then you can cancel it and use the timecard. Unless they changed that
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    I think you have to set up payment even if you are going to use a timecard and then you can cancel it and use the timecard. Unless they changed that

I believe they did. I know there was an uproar at launch where people asked why do i have to enter CC number to get my free month and I only want to use cards from there on. I know it got resolved somehow, either automatically or through contacting support.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get it now. Pay attention to the forums about how to take advantage of upcoming changes. Getting started now gives you a leg up on all the new players that will join in March.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am already playing the game @Ourorboros‌ . I was asking about getting the game for a friend who is not going to be paying subscription so anyway that's gonna be after March. In any case I ordered the game and it should be on its way. Probably waiting for after march to start playing.

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the price post-B2P, ZOS haven't said but I'd be amazed if it's more expensive than now, no other game I've played that changed to a hybrid model did it.

That said, I don't see it being cheaper either so I guess ... take a gamble, do you feel lucky? :)
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on February 5, 2015 10:20PM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already bought it from amazon at a decent price :)