Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Magicka - Stamina Divide - The new meta for 1.6

• TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, just lol. :D
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. the "new" meta, will be damage shield stack/spam

MA users, combined with champion passives, will be able to roll dodge a f*** ton of times, true, but one cant attack while roll dodging, however, one can attack while stacking/spamming damage shields
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested enough yet, but on my dstaff/rstaff sorc I am still doing fine against all the melee opponents I have came up against except one who was in a perfect spec to kill a vampire which I happened to be.

Shield stacking is still effective, so magicka isn't dead. Also it's nice to have a STA pool to dodge and break free with, something builds that rely on sta for damage won't always have.

Someone made a point somewhere about not being able to damage while rolling, true but you can't damage while refreshing shields either, so it is a wash.

I do really like the new PVP skills so far. Detonate magicka is good times.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    True but dodge roll doesn't require a spot on your skill bar and gives 100% avoidance to all single target attacks, my shields cost magic to cast and have a time duration as well as a value of how much damage they can take.

Both dodge roll spam and shield spam could be seen as equally lame.

I wont call for dodge roll to be nerfed I understand folks build for that just like magic users build to spam shields and spells. I accept that. When one starts spamming dodge on me I simply blink blink bye bye and find someone else to kill, wont waste my time in that.

See someone spamming damage shields you can't break, simply withdraw and bide your time till opportunity presents its self to kill the person.

Retreating is a valid tactic sometimes.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge rolling means your actively doing something, your playing the game. I'd hate to see that nerfed.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I finally spent the time to min/max and testing on everything on PTS before I Iogged. If people are crying about Bolt Escape now, wait until 1.6 I was able to Bolt Escape 16 times in a row with my final build and I wont even get into the absurdity of my damage shields(20-40K depending on situation and damage type). 15K instant cast fragment crits. The NBs tears are going to be real come 1.6.

I for one welcome our new Sorcerer overlords.

Edited by Ezareth on February 3, 2015 5:24AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I finally spent the time to min/max and testing on everything on PTS before I Iogged. If people are crying about Bolt Escape now, wait until 1.6 I was able to Bolt Escape 16 times in a row with my final build and I wont even get into the absurdity of my damage shields(20-40K depending on situation and damage type). 15K instant cast fragment crits. The NBs tears are going to be real come 1.6.

I wouldn't be that sure :)

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yerp, plenty of NB tears to come, I think DK's will be feeling the pinch more than ever with 1.6 too

7 Light with shield stacking and reduction/regen glyphs with passives on reduction costs, and regen will be the go I'd wager.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I was messing around as well and found the same, ill have a few enchants and stat points to switch around, but its going to be fun.

I'm also noticing stacking magicka is now more benifical since damage shields now get such values.

I still think stamina will have the best burst damage, but magicka builds will have much more survivability while still doing decent damage with the right set up.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eiadgf
    Edited by Mumyo on February 3, 2015 9:14AM
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want whatever the OP is smoking...
    Vehemence
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    I want whatever the OP is smoking...

I think many are misunderstanding what im trying to say here and twisting the argument around to their benefit.

Light Armor is NOT the best armor type for dealing pure damage and it also has the least amount of protection.

Medium Armor has 200% better armor and spell resistance, will deal more damage with stamina abilities. Not to mention the Stamina benefits Medium Armor gives to Stamina are much better then the Magic Benefits Light Armor gives to magic.

However, please continue to turn this thread into a "Well LA can spam Damage sheilds" or "Medium Armor can dodge roll a lot" when in reality neither of those things has jack squat to do with the premise of this discussion.

Classic deflection 101. :)
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't compare apples to oranges without lookin at the trees or the sky!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    However, please continue to turn this thread into a "Well LA can spam Damage sheilds" or "Medium Armor can dodge roll a lot" when in reality neither of those things has jack squat to do with the premise of this discussion.

... because the insanely overpowered damage shields currently on PTS will have absolutely nothing to do with whether magicka will be the new meta or not...

/rollseyes