The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction Differences?

Vanchatron
Vanchatron
✭✭
Hey, just a quick question about the three different factions. My brother and I just got the game and we'd obviously like to play together, so I'm assuming we'll have to pick the same faction in order to start off in the same area together. Is that correct?

Also, what major differences do each of the factions have? I was going to play an Orc so I guess Daggerfall Covenant would be the obvious choice, although my brother wants to play a Nord and he wants to be in the Ebonheart Pact. I have no problem being in the Ebonheart Pact alongside him, but what difference(s) will it make if I choose that as opposed to Daggerfall Covenant?

Thanks guys.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're correct about having to be in the same faction as your brother.

The game is designed that all characters will see all factions' stories .. I won't go into details as that would spoil the ending to the main story .. so what do don't see to begin with you'll see later.

The three factions are largely superficial and there as a basis for PVP which the TES games never had, as such they have their own story lines (separate from the main story which is the same for all factions) so your choice is dictated by your race .. unless you have the Explorer's Pack, which is highly unlikely .. and that is really down to personal preference.

BTW, don't pay much attention to the racial skills right now, ZOS have said they're very likely to be changing them perhaps before the console launch.
  • Vanchatron
    Vanchatron
    ✭✭
    Great, thanks a lot. I do actually have the Explorer's Pack though, I bought it online, was quite cheap tbh.

Thanks again.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As said before, you'll eventually go through all factions. It goes counter-clockwise, so if you start in the Pact, you'll see the Covenant second. This might be a good option for you.

There's no cross-faction grouping, so it's important to stay together with friends.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want EZ mode go with Ebonheart Pact. They currently have like 2x the population of the others and simply faceroll in PvP. If you want to continually slam your face against the EP zerg twice the size of yours, go with Dominion and in some cases the Covenant.
    Edited by Cuyler on February 3, 2015 5:20PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]