The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player requiring advice

Im_So_Tanked
Im_So_Tanked
✭✭
Hello I am a returning player and would like to start a new character, cant really be bothered with my old one as its all reset and cant remember anything-anyway.

I was looking to start using a dual wield character preferably swords but was wondering if there is any effective way to do this and which class would be best to use to do this?

Havent got a clue since last time I played was release and most of the DW skills were bugged etc

Cheers!
Edited by Im_So_Tanked on January 27, 2015 8:34PM
  • Reverend
    Reverend
    Soul Shriven
    Don't bother coming back as 1.6 will drive whats left of the player base away. If you a glutton for disappointment play a Templar. Good luck.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello I am a returning player and would like to start a new character, cant really be bothered with my old one as its all reset and cant remember anything-anyway.

I was looking to start using a dual wield character preferably swords but was wondering if there is any effective way to do this and which class would be best to use to do this?

Havent got a clue since last time I played was release and most of the DW skills were bugged etc

Cheers!

Dunmer get a boost to learning Dual Wield, which is nice.

Now classes that can pull it off, DragonKnight and Nightblade make excellent Dual Wielders. You can technically do Dual Wield with Templar or Sorc, but Templar seems better suited to Sword and Board/Restoration staff, and I find Sorcs and melle are not the best mix.

I haven't come across any bugged Dual wield skills, although they did nerf Sparks a while back. Flurry works, Whilwind works, Sparks works, twin slashes works, haven't done hidden blade, but it probably works.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only tell you what works for me. Dunmer sorcerer with dual daggers ('cause it looks cool; also the damage is the same for any 1-handed weapon), dividing points between magikca and stamina so she starts with a crystal shard, runs up to the fallen fool and flurries on him (and her critical is up around 35%). Usually end of story. For groups it's more alternating between whirlwind and lighting flood.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    Reverend wrote: »
    Don't bother coming back as 1.6 will drive whats left of the player base away. If you a glutton for disappointment play a Templar. Good luck.

Game going f2p lowers player count??
    Mad or high??

As for the other replies thanks I've rolled sorc with dual wield and so far it's doing good aoe damage and levelling fast!
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverend wrote: »

So because you suck the class you play unbalanced?
    1.6 is the most balanced the game has ever been.

- Mojican
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race for dual wielding is Dunmer of course, but as for class?

Well I'm going to say templars are better suited for 2H weapons tbh and Sorcs seem to be a bit..... Unloved atm. Dragonknights and Nightblades on the other hand are perfect for DW DPS now, and frankly I think DKs make better warriors of fire and death then NBs, which would help you more anyway since dunmer also get a bonus to fire damage
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!