The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Transfer PC character to console - not valid anymore?

Uberkull
Uberkull
✭✭✭✭✭
If I recently purchased EOS to learn the game in preparation for console release in June, am I to understand that I can't transfer my PC character to console?

There was some deadline for this transfer option back in May 2014? How does this even make sense...with the recent June release announcement, some people like me want to learn the game on pc, transfer one pc character over to console and play.

Not available to me?
▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The deadline was June. So no not available to you.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, can someone link me the way to get a refund on my game purchase? I bought the game directly from this website.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, ZOS didn't expect such a long delay for the console release. I would be surprised, if they didn't offer another transfer within the next weeks.

You could write a ticket and ask them...
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did write a ticket. They said there offer is over, last June was the deadline.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    I did write a ticket. They said there offer is over, last June was the deadline.

So the offer expired before they could offer it, wish they would explain that one.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could always offer paid transfers, although you'd have to buy an additional box for your preferred console on top of that. But somehow, they seem somewhat reluctant to offer services people actually would buy.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually bought the PC game at full price last week to get a idea of the environment, the factions, etc. All to prepare for the console version, yet I wasn't offered anything other than a refund for the PC game purchase.

I'm fine with that, but I'd gladly pay them twice, 1 for PC version and 1 for console if I could get character transfers from PC. But, not happening. Oh well, guess they have their reasons.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, keep asking. I'm certain we'll get transfers, char slots, renames, race changes, inventory and bank slots eventually. So it's rather a question of when and not if, so you might not get a console transfer in time for launch.
    Edited by Nazon_Katts on February 1, 2015 11:52AM
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they will offer transfer. Think about how much more money they can make offering pc transfers on top of the buying console version.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, keep asking. I'm certain we'll get transfers, char slots, renames, race changes, inventory and bank slots eventually. So it's rather a question of when and not if, so you might not get a console transfer in time for launch.
    I worked with customer support since I posted this until today, many emails. They were very nice and responsive. In the end, my request to be flagged for paid transfer to console was escalated to a supervisor. I was not offered the paid transfer to console. It was repeated to me that only customers that preordered before June 2014 are eligible for the $20 transfer from PC to console.

So I'll play to learn the game and reroll on console in June. Yup, paying twice...plus the subs for a month before it goes free. :(

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What a rip off . The game wasn't even available and no email went out regarding this . Another crap decision by marketing .
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll cancel my pre order and let friends know of this .
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The transfer was for people who preordered and didnt get their copy back in June 2014.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    What a rip off . The game wasn't even available and no email went out regarding this . Another crap decision by marketing .

There was official statement about this back in when they announced the console release post pone. I can try to dig it out from the site if it is still available.

LINK: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update
    Edited by Syntse on February 12, 2015 11:28AM
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just keep playing on PC. I'm certain they will offer paid transfers eventually. They'll have the tech in place, so there's no reason not to monetize it. Just don't expect to get it right away at launch and be prepared to pay box price + transfer fee. But at least you won't have to start over.