Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another "make shields dyeable" thread...

Morathras
Morathras
✭✭✭
Look at him! isnt he awesome? but then there is this... a PURPLE shield!
looks like ***. please make shields dyeable!!

6ourl6a9s6s.png

jnvp96t3fy9.png
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons too, please. I'm tired of not being able to use a greatsword made out of actual steel.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Weapons too, please. I'm tired of not being able to use a greatsword made out of actual steel.

Agreed!
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

As long as the colors are limited to what a blade should look like. Gunmetal grey, silver, maybe black....things like that. No blue, neon green, orange, or hot pink blades.
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Do it ZOS
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed!
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use a black shield (Dwemer ,Daedra) evrithing is good with black.
    Signature

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add my vote as well. Both for shields, and for weapons, with blade (or other hard metal business ends) color limits!

Also, shields really could use not only dye, but also heraldry motiv addition. I would love for my argonian dragonknight to have an argonian style shield motiv... (and to see people proudly displaying their alliance motiv on their shields in cyrodil...)
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as weapon dyes, I think that all colors should be available for things like the grip/hilt (same materials used in armor are used there). Blades might need to be limited, but keep in mind that we already have blue and green and purple blades in the game (however ridiculous they may look), so there's really no reason to keep those out.

PS4 / NA
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... maybe weapon dyes will be sold in the Crown Shop.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why limit anything. This is a game where we can (soon) be a male vampire Orsimer wearing a wedding dress, riding a guar, with a panther pet - is adding a blue dagger the point where it becomes ridiculous for you? Just because a we have the "possibility" to make a weird colored weapon doesnt mean the vast majority will. In fact, based on the looks of most people I see, i would bet the majority of bladed weapons will be grey, black, or red
    Edited by BBSooner on January 31, 2015 11:29PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Why limit anything. This is a game where we can (soon) be a male vampire Orsimer wearing a wedding dress, riding a guar, with a panther pet - is adding a blue dagger the point where it becomes ridiculous for you? Just because a we have the "possibility" to make a weird colored weapon doesnt mean the vast majority will. In fact, based on the looks of most people I see, i would bet the majority of bladed weapons will be grey, black, or red

lol. you have a good point there. +1 awesome.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think of it this way: we can already make our heavy plate armor blue, pink, green, purple, or whatever, and it's made of the same material that metal weapons are.
    PS4 / NA
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can justfy color change just like diamonds that has minor impurities (blue, black, pink, yellow). Either we get them as crafting materials

Asure ore:

When crafting weapons or armors, it alters the weapon to give it a blue hue. It should also be located in the Crown Shop