Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 Time to Kill tends to be much faster, detailed analysis

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    @Soulac: That video... The ***.

All the video does is illustrate how broken no cost harness magica is already on live. You (melee)NBs and DKs would just not encounter it as severely as a sorc or cast templar/nb bc somehow your magica based veiled strike and whip bypassed the shield.

As pointed out in the topic on the pts forum: The champ passive of 2200 magica when you get dmged 20% of your health pool is op.
    That's why I gave up on dual Resto. Being a ranged Magicka NB was like throwing paperclips at my enemies.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    Yup if the game goes live like this im done... its nothing more than ZoS taking half of everything away and making the chump system to get it back... im not grinding for a year to get back to where i am... like wtf kinda update is that

Hopefully Zenimax is reading these threads and will make changes to the PTS over the next month or so to balance things out. Don't want to lose you Gal!

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel like the game has been based on ridiculous spell spam and shield spam as a counter and they are doubling down with relatively smaller health pools to damage capability and the only thing they are doing to change it is making the costs a higher percentage of your resource pool. It's just making things more volatile.

I actually think damage needs to be toned down a lot and shield (both blocks and spells) effectiveness should be a bit less to just slow it down. As it is, we are heading for a meta on it being about who's shield just happens to be down first in order to just get nuked by ridiculous damage. Whether that be just missing refreshing it or being caught by surprise. Its just not a great mechanic.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I just feel like the game has been based on ridiculous spell spam and shield spam as a counter and they are doubling down with relatively smaller health pools to damage capability and the only thing they are doing to change it is making the costs a higher percentage of your resource pool. It's just making things more volatile.

I actually think damage needs to be toned down a lot and shield (both blocks and spells) effectiveness should be a bit less to just slow it down. As it is, we are heading for a meta on it being about who's shield just happens to be down first in order to just get nuked by ridiculous damage. Whether that be just missing refreshing it or being caught by surprise. Its just not a great mechanic.

Damage shields are the major problem right now on PTS. Damage overall seems high only because health pools were reduced IMO. It's still easy to survive if you have that functionality in your build. The only class I have trouble surviving against is a stam NB because their burst is amazing and they can sustain it indefinitely.

What I would do... Remove the healing debuff from Battle Spirit (or make it only 5%) while making all damage shield percentage health based. This would buff the base use of healing ward, so the low health bonus should be adjusted heavily. Also, this would nerf glass cannon sorc builds and actually encourage them to use at least a single health enchant. Stacking shields to have 2 extra health bars should never happen in any game. Lower damage would be needed? But I'd like to see what increased healing would do to combat that.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Damage shields are the major problem right now on PTS. Damage overall seems high only because health pools were reduced IMO. It's still easy to survive if you have that functionality in your build. The only class I have trouble surviving against is a stam NB because their burst is amazing and they can sustain it indefinitely.

What I would do... Remove the healing debuff from Battle Spirit (or make it only 5%) while making all damage shield percentage health based. This would buff the base use of healing ward, so the low health bonus should be adjusted heavily. Also, this would nerf glass cannon sorc builds and actually encourage them to use at least a single health enchant. Stacking shields to have 2 extra health bars should never happen in any game. Lower damage would be needed? But I'd like to see what increased healing would do to combat that.

Yeah, I know I personally use blazing shield and the shield given by Brawler in two handed lately but I do see it as a problem. Its just a matter of using what works in the game and it will be like that in 1.6 the same it is now. It's just a matter of adapting, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    If 1.6 goes live like this, PvP is doomed. There will be rage quits the like of which many of you have never seen:)
    Only if they somehow make Cyrodiil lag more. Barring that, pvp population will remain about the same until March/April when we get B2P players.

1.6 will be a new meta for sure, but it's adaptable.

of course its adabtable, does not excuse how ridiculous it is.
    Be that as it may, each day so far I've been seeing more and more of the pts duelers improving their sustain. Good players easily go for 10+ min just as they do on live.

The main problem is I really have no solid means to measure how group/raid surviveability/tactics will pan out, since there aren't many ppl doing that stuff on pts - and most definitely no zergs.

The only other thing I can say is that Braidas' temp emp one shots ppl w/ the Jesus Beam. Unless they put up a dmg shield, then it just tickles and does 0 dps.

All I am going to say in response to that, is whether or not it is "skilled" or skilled players do it, is irrelevant. It is a ridiculous meta regardless of how skilled or unskilled it may be, and will heavily contribute to the downfall of PvP if it goes live like it is now.

add that to the fact many people don't seem to like the champion system too well:/
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cash shop makes more and more sense now first start out with small things, then move to full pay to win.

This thread really made me look at the big picture.