Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Standard of Might - Nerfed

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just DKs damage.... Every damage is buffed :)
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More bats, more bats, more bats. How did bats not get nerfed? And now vamps take 10% less fire damage with this patch.
    Edited by WebBull on January 29, 2015 4:12PM
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. Many. Bads.

The ulti change is so much worse than I could of imagined.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crazy how people talk about how they buff DKs damage but no one talk about their survivability and the nerf to Ash Cloud that will reduce DK's survivability by a fair 30%. It's great to deal more damage but what is the advantage if you can't stay in melee range long enough to deal that damage? Guess I'm gonna have to spam Igneous Shield and Hardened Armor non stop and hope for the best.

DKs won't be able to just sit in their standard above their Ash Cloud because they will melt instantly. They will get in melee range, drop their standard and roll away because like some people said, 1.6 will be all about range attacks......... unless you go vamp.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 29, 2015 10:01PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    OP, your whole thread loses credit because of 2 things:

1. Nova is still 300 ult, which still makes standard better.
    2. DKs were buffed all over on their damage.

So please stop complaining. Templars wergot the same nerf to their synergy and then some. Our healing tree got nerfed, so now we all have to equip mage light to be a viable healer. We did get a nice dps buff though. But please, for the love of god STOP complainimg about your DK, because they only got a minor nerf.

Templar thread --->
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Standard of Might is already a barely used Ultimate. This change and the huge nerf to Ultimate gain will just make it more less used.

For group play Shifting Standard will be far better as you only need Banner for the heal debuff. On the other hand there are easier ways to healdebuff as the healdebuffs dont stack anymore.

Saying that DKs only got a minor nerf is plain wrong tho as DKs only way to reliabely manage resources atm is Battle Roar due to expensive skills. Other classes will be a lot weaker due to not having Ultimate but still DKs will probably have a hard time with resource management.
    The nerf to blockcost will make DKs far less tanky. The current hybrid meta of DKs in light armor doing good damage while staying tanky will be totally destroyed. You will now be able to chose between playing pure tank in full heavy doing absolutely no serious damage or playing a firemage in light armor without any way to kite or escape.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    It is now the highest cost ult in the game (except wolves, but whatever thats not a class ult)

False. Please see Templar Nova (which is actually inferior to Standard).

It is amazing to me that some DKs still don't know how good they had it.

Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on January 30, 2015 5:41PM
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Standard of Might is already a barely used Ultimate. This change and the huge nerf to Ultimate gain will just make it more less used.

For group play Shifting Standard will be far better as you only need Banner for the heal debuff. On the other hand there are easier ways to healdebuff as the healdebuffs dont stack anymore.

Saying that DKs only got a minor nerf is plain wrong tho as DKs only way to reliabely manage resources atm is Battle Roar due to expensive skills. Other classes will be a lot weaker due to not having Ultimate but still DKs will probably have a hard time with resource management.
    The nerf to blockcost will make DKs far less tanky. The current hybrid meta of DKs in light armor doing good damage while staying tanky will be totally destroyed. You will now be able to chose between playing pure tank in full heavy doing absolutely no serious damage or playing a firemage in light armor without any way to kite or escape.

I think this is pretty accurate. As of the current pts version, it looks like bats+ferocious leap is the way to go on DKs. Also, whip is terrible now due to changes in armor and a stealth dmg nerf. I think we may see hybrid med/light DKs who utilize the stamina morphs of engulfing and unstable and add weapon skills for executes (DW or 2h).
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    The current hybrid meta of DKs in light armor doing good damage while staying tanky will be totally destroyed.
    Something that has been long overdue. Finally (hopefully) no more god-like Light Armor tanks.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    More bats, more bats, more bats. How did bats not get nerfed? And now vamps take 10% less fire damage with this patch.

because bats have been nerfed twice since release and for once they listened to Vampires to even out the cost of effect of being one. the 10% reduction was long over due.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will hurt all of us!
    The 7/7 light S&B Sorc,
    the 7/7 light S&B NB
    and sure... the DK.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use corrosive armor, it is good. good group utility too. leave it to the others to deliver the aoe.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's still have a solid AvA tank option in PTS 1.6, but DK tanks with a damage option are going to be a thing of the past unless the 5+ Heavy Armor, block cost reduce stacking, high stam, DoT stacking, Valkyn Skoria two-piece DK meta ends up being super effective. (The current 1.6 build is not release ready and if it is ... well.) 1.6 change seem to enforce more traditional MMO roles, which ESO previously avoided; it's what made the game fun, imo. I'll work something out :)
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So tanks can't get god mode dps and perma invulnerability? The horror!
    Edited by Columba on January 30, 2015 8:59PM
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    It is now the highest cost ult in the game (except wolves, but whatever thats not a class ult)
    It had its synergy reduced to the point of only people literally in the middle of it could be affected/push X

-.- You know cause its not like people couldnt just roll out of it already, or just not stand in it, it didnt exactly move or anything.

DK confirmed for dead class. We shall all be stealth nightblade bads now.

[Moderator Note: Edited Inappropriate Title]

Supernova?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agony is OP
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a DK and I'm saying this. Standers was OP and this nerf is a good thing and DK is not a "dead class" now cause Dragons leap been buffed for more damage and less cost . How ever I don not agree with scales reflecting only 4 projectiles now. Yes scales needed re-worked but making reflect a set amount wasn't it cause those 4 shots STILL deal 35% more damage. So all you crystal fragment and lethal arrow spammers are still gonna get killed by scales. But is it really that hard to wait the 4 seconds for scales to come down (cause it only last for 4 seconds one of the shortest skill times in the game I assume) then to use your crystals and arrows?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a DK and I'm saying this. Standers was OP and this nerf is a good thing and DK is not a "dead class" now cause Dragons leap been buffed for more damage and less cost . How ever I don not agree with scales reflecting only 4 projectiles now. Yes scales needed re-worked but making reflect a set amount wasn't it cause those 4 shots STILL deal 35% more damage. So all you crystal fragment and lethal arrow spammers are still gonna get killed by scales. But is it really that hard to wait the 4 seconds for scales to come down (cause it only last for 4 seconds one of the shortest skill times in the game I assume) then to use your crystals and arrows?

People want to pew pew without thought like its a COD game.

sucks, I know:(
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering the TTK in 1.6 those '4 seconds for scales to come down' could be about 12 deaths worth. And even in 1.5 taking the pressure off a good DK for that time can mean having your ass handed to you.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What would your suggestion be for how to fix scales? We all agree it needed a nerf... personally, I say it should only reflect physical or magical projectiles (like Defensive Posture). But I am interested to hear what others think.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How are you getting people to stay in your banner or prevent it from getting negated immediately? What do you find OP about it? Dawnbreaker hits like a truck now and I can use it 2.5 times in the same time it would take me to drop and banner and it get evacuated.

The morph is still works for a ranged build as you don't have to leave the banner when they do but you still lose the base of the ultimate.
    Edited by Armitas on February 1, 2015 12:00PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see this as a nerf its balanced
    1) not being able to shackle people in your standard unless you hit x near the banner mean that people are not CCed and being a stamina Nightblade (+30% stamina regen) WW (+15% stamina regen) and in seven medium armor with focused attacks running all the time (+40% stamina regen) having to use stamina to to everything (attack, CC break, block and rally heals) rolling out of the all the standards kills my Stam so I know other players are not able to "just" roll out

2)ults are special powers that your ultimate hits that hard and charges that fast and you can be locked in it. It cuts your healing and one of them can jump around a BALANCE was long over due

3) to that random VoB comment it's the most expensive Nightblade ultimate and you need to stand in it so unless you're standing on a flag/ running though a breach and get mad CCs not it's not as good as Soul Tether
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

How are you getting people to stay in your banner or prevent it from getting negated immediately? What do you find OP about it? Dawnbreaker hits like a truck now and I can use it 2.5 times in the same time it would take me to drop and banner and it get evacuated.

The morph is still works for a ranged build as you don't have to leave the banner when they do but you still lose the base of the ultimate.

like you did before - make them waste their stam root them and place your standard. wich goes hand in hand with waiting for the first round of negates being used.
    in other words the same way every other GTAE ulti has been used by every otherclass since the beginng of the game...
    hello DK in a comparable league of all other classes and not 5 above...
    Edited by Tankqull on February 1, 2015 12:06PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

like you did before - make them waste their stam root them and place your standard. wich goes hand in hand with waiting for the first round of negates being used.
    in other words the same way every other GTAE ulti has been used by every otherclass since the beginng of the game...

If people are actually getting stuck in a banner there is your problem right there^ guys. You wasted all your stamina instead of saving it for when you really needed it. Stamina management is essential. You lose your stamina you lose your life.

I wish there was only 1 round of negates on flags, but sadly there are typically 6-7 rounds of negates on both sides. You always wait for the first one but then there are 5 more waiting behind that.
    Edited by Armitas on February 1, 2015 12:13PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you Magic builds stamina is nothing but for those of us who would be completely out of resources if you blocked and used stamina attacks it not so easy damn near every Magic build use resto staff three heavy attacks and boom full magic at range even with my bow heavy don't give you much back plus if mages had to use magic to CC break and run as well as block on top of attacking with magic you would feel our pain in the unbalanced game where light armored mages out live medium and heavy armored people

For the King of Argonia
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If people are actually getting stuck in a banner there is your problem right there^ guys. You wasted all your stamina instead of saving it for when you really needed it. Stamina management is essential. You lose your stamina you lose your life.

I wish there was only 1 round of negates on flags, but sadly there are typically 6-7 rounds of negates on both sides. You always wait for the first one but then there are 5 more waiting behind that.

if you are losing your ult to negates, there is your problem right there^ guy. you wasted all your ult instead of saving it for when you really can exploit it, ulti management is essential...

you see where this leads to?

as a dk you have te perfect toolset to make people use their stam to the point where they are vulnarable to your ulti, nearly no other class can do that on their own - and if they can their ults are garbage...
    so stop crying because dks are brought down to a lvl close to other classes.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For you Magic builds stamina is nothing but for those of us who would be completely out of resources if you blocked and used stamina attacks it not so easy damn near every Magic build use resto staff three heavy attacks and boom full magic at range even with my bow heavy don't give you much back plus if mages had to use magic to CC break and run as well as block on top of attacking with magic you would feel our pain in the unbalanced game where light armored mages out live medium and heavy armored people

Light has no stamina regen or stamina reduction, or roll reduction. We feel that pain everyday. I have to manage my stamina tightly or I am dead. Heavy armor is really easy to outlive light armor due to dodge stacking and block reduction.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But light has super magic recovery drop a healing ward and hardening ward and heavy resto for more magic even with all my stamina regen after cc breaking from a Crystal fragment, shield assault, that one socr that blinks though you and attacking it's very different.

We stamina build need stamina to go offense and defense you caster only lose the ability to block cast not even close to the same thing

For the King of Argonia
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

if you are losing your ult to negates, there is your problem right there^ guy. you wasted all your ult instead of saving it for when you really can exploit it, ulti management is essential...

you see where this leads to?

as a dk you have te perfect toolset to make people use their stam to the point where they are vulnarable to your ulti, nearly no other class can do that on their own - and if they can their ults are garbage...
    so stop crying because dks are brought down to a lvl close to other classes.

Such as? When in a string of negate rotations, to which the total is unknown, is the time to drop it? In contrast I can tell you rolling out of every talon and every piece of damage is a waste of your stamina. Where it leads is you not managing your resources. You need to learn to manage it because the ultimate change still won't help you not roll out of it.

I have a perfect toolset to make some people use their stamina. Most of the people I encounter don't fall for simple tricks geared at wasting their resources. Talons doesn't do that much damage and neither does whip to a properly geared player. Don't cry about DKs because you can't manage your resources. see where that leads too?
    Edited by Armitas on February 1, 2015 1:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your point is not a very good one
    1) trick players in wasting stamina by rolling out your talons (300+ damage) whip (250+ damage and cheap with a possible free cost) so damage in line with most other powers that you would not just stand their and take
    2) talons are a great way for DKs to lock you in their Standard
    3) the DK class line was made for close ranged Melee combat standing toe to toe with a DK as a Nightblade not the smartest idea my class is made for stealth and burst damage
    4) what level of bird brain stands in a CC against a class you can't range and is made for Melee