Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 Time to Kill tends to be much faster, detailed analysis

• Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lawl bear is so cute
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    If anyone is able to figure out build changes to solve the 'stamina problem' I'd love to hear it, as that is what I've had the hardest time dealing with, both in light/heavy armor.
    Let go of your right-mouse button.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who block casted are in big trouble. I have noticed less of an ability to manage stam but it isn't crippling by any means.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    bear's get op staff block reduction. need to reroll
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    People who block casted are in big trouble. I have noticed less of an ability to manage stam but it isn't crippling by any means.

This. I still manage to roll dodge a lot, keep immovable up, and block certain abilities. You just can't hold block down forever.

Also can confirm Araxleon stacking shields to near perfection.
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    So block casting is gone due to incredible stam cost of it? But sjield stacking is still a thing. Well didn't have time to play on PTS but on live killing ppl is fast with only passive dmg mitigation, and according to what others said, this won't change in 1.6 so ppl will be exploding in seconds without healing/shield stacking. So unless they increase value of armor/resist, shields have to stay...
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eglath wrote: »
    So block casting is gone due to incredible stam cost of it? But sjield stacking is still a thing. Well didn't have time to play on PTS but on live killing ppl is fast with only passive dmg mitigation, and according to what others said, this won't change in 1.6 so ppl will be exploding in seconds without healing/shield stacking. So unless they increase value of armor/resist, shields have to stay...

then increase value of armor/resist:/
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eglath wrote: »
    You are essentially correct. There are several specific points I'd like to add to clarify how things are in 1.6, at least for my light armor sorc.

- I never permablocked in my LA build on live except when blinking away. I have my dps set up on my resto bar, so not being able to perma block in PTS isn't the issue per say. The issue is I simply can't dodge roll in LAand still be able to CC break. It doesn't destroy my play style in LA, but pushes me to extreme kiting and shield stacking instead.

- Which brings me to the next point, shield stack like crazy or die (in LA at least). Not just that, there's even more benefits to shield stacking than dmg mitigation now.

- Weapon attacking a dmg shield does not proc the ulti gen. That's right, if you keep 100% uptime on shields in a fight the other guy won't be able to gen ulti essentially.

- Streak disorient goes through block 100% unless you have CC immunity or Immovable up. Since I use Ball of Light the only way I stay up vs Streak sorcs is to just keep my shields up at 100% all the time and always be standing on top of one of my balls for when they inevitably Streak me and get free hits. NEVER CC break Streak, it would simply be a waste of stam for me. I never believed I'd see the day, but disorient needs to be blockable again. If Streak goes live like this, I can't imagine how hard it'll bork large scale fights.

Edit:
    - Also you can't crit shields, with the impen change, this equates to more dmg mitigation gap between shields/no shields than on live.
    Edited by Teargrants on January 30, 2015 3:06AM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was testing out the new version of 'Haste' in duels and was wondering why I could never pull off 8 light attacks during the 20 second duration to proc the burst bow attack. (I was spamming light attack and couldn't proc it)

I then realized that if I light attack a shield it doesn't count towards the total 8 attacks needed.

They basically made shield stacking mandatory.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool Syphy now I feel even more awesome about myself. Shields > NB :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Soulac: That video... The ***.
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Got a decent Stam build going on my DK. Not melting anymore. Let's just say good bye LA
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. Its all about hiding(and yes it is hiding, that is how I will refer to it from here on out until it is changed) behind those lovely damage shields:( at least for now.

Hopefully it is changed before it goes live.

If 1.6 goes live like this, PvP is doomed. There will be rage quits the like of which many of you have never seen:)
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    If 1.6 goes live like this, PvP is doomed. There will be rage quits the like of which many of you have never seen:)
    Only if they somehow make Cyrodiil lag more. Barring that, pvp population will remain about the same until March/April when we get B2P players.

1.6 will be a new meta for sure, but it's adaptable.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    I was testing out the new version of 'Haste' in duels and was wondering why I could never pull off 8 light attacks during the 20 second duration to proc the burst bow attack. (I was spamming light attack and couldn't proc it)

I then realized that if I light attack a shield it doesn't count towards the total 8 attacks needed.

They basically made shield stacking mandatory.

And the bow u get deals roughly 3k dmg against heavy armor :trollface:

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    th?id=HN.608050993130045771&pid=15.1&P=0
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Soulac‌ Had What kind of armour had Araxelon? And does Harness give so much more magica back or is it the cost reduction? Have not tested it yet.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lhorion wrote: »
    @Soulac‌ Had What kind of armour had Araxelon? And does Harness give so much more magica back or is it the cost reduction? Have not tested it yet.

Light Armor, no cost reduction jewelry.
    1.8k Magicka Reg + Warlock

A Sorc can spam Hardend Ward all the time if he wants now, infinity times.
    Cost for Spells are mostly lower now, Regeneration is higher, you can get much more cost reduction and there is a nice passive..

2.2k Magicka everytime you take dmg higher than 20% of your max. Health
    Arax got 18k Health, so basically every time i hit him without a shield he gains enough magicka back for a new Shield and a Heal ;)

- Meow -
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm okay, I should test more... My skills are fu***** expensive:(
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if they somehow make Cyrodiil lag more. Barring that, pvp population will remain about the same until March/April when we get B2P players.

of course its adabtable, does not excuse how ridiculous it is.
    Edited by Cody on January 30, 2015 6:52PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

of course its adabtable, does not excuse how ridiculous it is.
    Be that as it may, each day so far I've been seeing more and more of the pts duelers improving their sustain. Good players easily go for 10+ min just as they do on live.

The main problem is I really have no solid means to measure how group/raid surviveability/tactics will pan out, since there aren't many ppl doing that stuff on pts - and most definitely no zergs.

The only other thing I can say is that Braidas' temp emp one shots ppl w/ the Jesus Beam. Unless they put up a dmg shield, then it just tickles and does 0 dps.
    Edited by Teargrants on January 31, 2015 4:09AM
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Berinima
    Berinima
    ✭✭✭
    Here are my detaillec thoughts on patch 1.6, it's not only PvP but most of it is related to it:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149178/feedback-and-concerns-about-1-6-some-clarifications-needed

It's really long, but I personally think it's worth the read.

Short version:

- Soulac is absolutely right, shield and regeneration stacking is ridiculous and you don't even need Warlock for that. You almost can do that with the template gear.
    - The impenetrable changes are good in terms of their idea behind it but it's a HUGE nerf and not comparable to how the game is live.
    - If you perceived the veteran ranks or the undaunted ranks as an unbearable grind you will be surprised what the champion system has to offer.

Ahhh, good times!
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup if the game goes live like this im done... its nothing more than ZoS taking half of everything away and making the chump system to get it back... im not grinding for a year to get back to where i am... like wtf kinda update is that
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Heavy Attacks are incredible powerful, cloak is buggy in a way that u can´t imagine (not negative for NB, negative for their opponents), Snipe is ignoring the brand new Boneshield-Shield and Spellcosts are totally broken.

Agree with you on almost everything except the bolded. This is very negativefor NB's, at least some of us. Seriously, my entire play style went out the window. Not just, "Let me tweak it a bit.", but "Holy s**t, I can't use any stealth except my cloak in any proximity to a battle."

This is a game breaker for me. I will be unsubbing, and while I will come back to try it again once there's no sub, if it goes live with stealth this way, or even close to this bad, I won't keep playing.
  • Wahee
    Wahee
    ✭✭✭

Heavy Attacks are incredible powerful, cloak is buggy in a way that u can´t imagine (not negative for NB, negative for their opponents), Snipe is ignoring the brand new Boneshield-Shield and Spellcosts are totally broken.

Agree with you on almost everything except the bolded. This is very negativefor NB's, at least some of us. Seriously, my entire play style went out the window. Not just, "Let me tweak it a bit.", but "Holy s**t, I can't use any stealth except my cloak in any proximity to a battle."

This is a game breaker for me. I will be unsubbing, and while I will come back to try it again once there's no sub, if it goes live with stealth this way, or even close to this bad, I won't keep playing.

He's referring to the new faster animation for cloak allowing NB's to animation cancel a cloak so fast that they never actually appear. You can instant>cloak>instant>cloak and remain invisible the whole time. Its a bit tricky to time but definitely doable. It needs to be fixed in a way that also doesn't further break cloak.

Also, damage shields are far far far too efficient at what they do. Keeping 1-3 damage shields with 100% uptime is just silly. Shields should be an expensive and reactive way to counter getting focused, not a magic second health bar that you have all the time that prevents all damage, crits, and ult gen.
    Mostly Harmless: PvP leader and officer
    mostly-harmless-guild.com
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe close the thread or delete the troll-posts?
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    What's going to happen when 1.6 goes live if they don't change this (especially the stamina drain), is that those who dip out for a month to grind champion points on whatever the new best grind spot is before ZOS nerfs it, will have a gigantic advantage on those who just stayed in Cyrodiil to pvp normally. When the grinders come back they will be the new elite effectively, especially when compared to the new B2P players that reach V14 in April.

This is worse than the Undaunted grind power gap, because you actually had to give up gear slots to work them into your build. The champion point gap will affect everything from ability cost to damage taken, basically everything in the game that has a numeric value attached to it.

This is my biggest issue, by far.

I only PvP... and now that ZOS have seen fit to arbitrarily weaken me so that I can slowly grow back to where I am now by allocating CPs, I'm well aware that I'm doomed to become increasingly weaker, comparatively, as time goes on.

In many ways the level cap enabled a more level playing field in PvP. The only negatives of note being class imbalance (and lag, etc.)... Now, imho, balance has been *** out the window.

Stamina is so bloody borked right now that a couple, simple cc breaks seem to drain it all. Blocking is downright foolhardy. This, even with my 7/7 Medium Stam NB.

Idk, I realise that it will take time to learn the new systems... but I'm already missing the current PvP, lol.

Guess I better PvP on the live server as much as humanly possible prior to March.

I kinda feel the same way, I know a couple of my friends really hate the fact they have to change their play style because of these changes, I guess time will tell if it becomes no fun for a lot of people guess what most people do they leave. :(
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

If you could stay polite between each other to avoid any overflow and prevent the closure of this thread, it would be nice.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don´t think you know what i mean, but it´s better if you won´t.

- Meow -
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    @Soulac: That video... The ***.

All the video does is illustrate how broken no cost harness magica is already on live. You (melee)NBs and DKs would just not encounter it as severely as a sorc or cast templar/nb bc somehow your magica based veiled strike and whip bypassed the shield.

As pointed out in the topic on the pts forum: The champ passive of 2200 magica when you get dmged 20% of your health pool is op.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50