Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Werewolf Ultimate cost less?

Der_Deutsche_Hase
Currently the Werewolf Transformation Ability costs 400 Ultimate points. I think it's a little too pricey on the ultimate points. I wish to know what you guys think.
Edited by Der_Deutsche_Hase on January 29, 2015 4:07AM

Should Werewolf Ultimate cost less? 75 votes

Yes! It should absolutely cost less!
52%
ShadowKevinmonLionheartRichardAmsel_McKayTirelessGreyb14_ESOTHEburnb16_ESObertenburnyb16_ESOAimoraBrittany_JoyNebthet78TazAndferneAshySamuraiPanda244SoulScreamShunraviScamandrosBuckOrchishSuntzu1414 39 votes
Nay! You sir underestimate the power of a werewolf!
16%
cozmon3c_ESOThymosLtCrunchOrangeTheCatTheBullAnnraThe_SpAwNLordAztecFruity_NinjaMaxlofSOLDIER_1stClassGhettokid 12 votes
Nay! But increase duration of Werewolf time without feeding!
32%
IagoTelelMessy1JahoelIduyennvrineTargolakStanissslaveb17_ESOElijah_CrowstarkerealmPerwulfMuadybCP5NobleX35 BeerbillTheShadowScoutLordstarfoxkodoEgonieserHeromofo 24 votes
  • Der_Deutsche_Hase
    Edit: Just noticed I hit the 3 key instead of the 4 key, sorry about that. :\
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generating enough ultimate to wolf out isn't the problem. Even when it was still 1k, that wasn't the problem. The duration has always been the issue.

I'll keep saying, my personal preference would be a toggle. It'd even make sense to me if transforming back required you'd built up enough ultimate to use the transform again. Effectively trapping you in wolf form until you'd caused enough carnage.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note: I'm basing my answer on the assumption that the changes to WW currently on the PTS make it into live with 1.6 - most notably the passive change from generating ultimate while in human form to letting you stay in WW form longer, and theoretically indefinitely as long as you're in combat.

Ideally I'd like to see the WW form be made slightly more powerful. As it is, I am less capable in WW form than in human form (not by nearly as much as back when you only had 2 abilities you could slot in WW form, mind you), and that feels wrong for something that you need to use an ultimate for. Failing that (or making WW form a toggle rather than an ultimate), yes I'd like to see it cost less ultimate.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    (not by nearly as much as back when you only had 2 abilities you could slot in WW form, mind you)

Minor quibble. You can slot your werewolf abilities onto the active bar while out of form. You can't use those abilities, but they do gain XP and level up while equipped... just saying, in case you didn't know.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Just noticed I hit the 3 key instead of the 4 key, sorry about that. :\

Funny, that's the exact same reason my Enchanter alt can't show her face in Daggerfall... or anywhere else, for the next few hours.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (not by nearly as much as back when you only had 2 abilities you could slot in WW form, mind you)

Minor quibble. You can slot your werewolf abilities onto the active bar while out of form. You can't use those abilities, but they do gain XP and level up while equipped... just saying, in case you didn't know.
    True, but for me the issue was always that there were only 2 things you could do in WW form, and neither of them was very impressive. It's much better now, but I'm still a little more powerful in human form than in WW form, which doesn't seem right based on the fact that it's an ultimate. I'd be fine with that if it was a toggle...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but for me the issue was always that there were only 2 things you could do in WW form, and neither of them was very impressive. It's much better now, but I'm still a little more powerful in human form than in WW form, which doesn't seem right based on the fact that it's an ultimate. I'd be fine with that if it was a toggle...

Three things. You could also humiliate RPers who killed themselves in town, by wolfing out and devouring them.

EDIT: Actually, that's not fair. There's a lot of things you could do in wolf form that shouldn't have been possible... like, taking quests, slurping down skyshards, fishing...
    Edited by starkerealm on January 29, 2015 4:48AM
  • Der_Deutsche_Hase
    Yes a toggle would be pretty cool instead of an ultimate. I found it extremely hard to get Werewolf in the first place. First you need someone who has the high enough rank in the Werewolf skill to bite you. Then you need to go and kill a extremely hard boss with only 2 abilities, 1 of which has no effect on the boss at all.

There major disappointment for me however is that it's an ultimate in the first place. It seems to be good if you're a mage, because it gives you a good melee buff, but the duration and the amount of ultimate it costs is just absurd in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, it's really cool to play around with. But 400, please.....I can summon a Storm Atronach for 200, and destroy everything around me, then regain that badboy up in a minute and wreck anything else that threatens me.

My suggestions on the topic,

A.) Make the ultimate cost 150-250.
    or
    B.) Make the Duration 5 minutes without feeding. (This acts sorta like a toggle, but you'd still need to wrack up ultimate points to use it)
    or
    C) Make it a toggle. If you go too long without feeding it forces you out of werewolf for for 5 minutes. <-This is sorta how Skyrim had it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it extremely hard to get Werewolf in the first place. First you need someone who has the high enough rank in the Werewolf skill to bite you.
    Helpful hint: when you first get WW it's super easy to quickly increase your WW rank up to 9. I did it on 2 different characters in less than an hour each (I know it was less than an hour, because each of them had consumed a 1 hour duration food prior to taking on the WW quest, and each of them was done before the food ran out).

All you do is stay in Hircine's realm after completing the WW quest, and do a circuit killing everything there. They respawn fast enough that by the time you get back to the first mob you killed it will likely have respawned (or, if you're killing them all really quickly, it will be respawning after a very short wait). The key to this is that until you leave the instance (or until your WW ultimate goes up to rank II for some reason - this is why this method only worked up to WW rank 9) you stay in WW form indefinitely.

So if you know this little trick when you become a WW, you'll very quickly be of a higher WW rank than needed to get the passive that lets you bite someone, and you can then immediately give them a bite. I wish I had thought of this on my first WW character.

It's a grind, but it's an easy grind, and it's kind of fun rampaging around in that hunting ground in WW form.
    Edited by UrQuan on January 29, 2015 5:35AM
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Der_Deutsche_Hase
    I found it extremely hard to get Werewolf in the first place. First you need someone who has the high enough rank in the Werewolf skill to bite you.
    Helpful hint: when you first get WW it's super easy to quickly increase your WW rank up to 9. I did it on 2 different characters in less than an hour each (I know it was less than an hour, because each of them had consumed a 1 hour duration food prior to taking on the WW quest, and each of them was done before the food ran out).

All you do is stay in Hircine's realm after completing the WW quest, and do a circuit killing everything there. They respawn fast enough that by the time you get back to the first mob you killed it will likely have respawned (or, if you're killing them all really quickly, it will be respawning after a very short wait). The key to this is that until you leave the instance (or until your WW ultimate goes up to rank II for some reason - this is why this method only worked up to WW rank 9) you stay in WW form indefinitely.

So if you know this little trick when you become a WW, you'll very quickly be of a higher WW rank than needed to get the passive that lets you bite someone, and you can then immediately give them a bite. I wish I had thought of this on my first WW character.

It's a grind, but it's an easy grind, and it's kind of fun rampaging around in that hunting ground in WW form.

Nice tip, unfortunately I couldn't do that, even after thinking about it. I was level 19 when I got my Werewolf ability. It was pretty difficult to kill a level 38 jaguar, even more so a level 38 boss that could 2-3 hit you if you didn't do hit & runs.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incidentally, once you hit Werewolf 2, there isn't much point in staying in the Hunting Grounds if you don't want to. I've taken wolves from ~4-10 in a single transform on Auridon and Stros M'kai. Low level enemies still count for the werewolf progression, so even though you don't get ultimate or XP off them, you still get Werewolf skill line XP. And, enemies you can one shot are easy to take out in droves.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice tip, unfortunately I couldn't do that, even after thinking about it. I was level 19 when I got my Werewolf ability. It was pretty difficult to kill a level 38 jaguar, even more so a level 38 boss that could 2-3 hit you if you didn't do hit & runs.
    Well, I did it with a level 42, and also with a level 26. It was a walk in the park with the level 42, and a bit difficult, but not much with the level 26. I would imagine it would be a lot harder with a level 19...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it should be a no-cost toggle (take up the ultimate slot, still, so you're prevented from using another ultimate on that bar, but it can be toggled on or off at any time with no other requirements).

More freedom for wolves.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I did it with a level 42, and also with a level 26. It was a walk in the park with the level 42, and a bit difficult, but not much with the level 26. I would imagine it would be a lot harder with a level 19...

C643615F39BBB142A0FD60B9E7BE0C96A181CAE3
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice :D
    But did you then level WW to 9 on those level 38 mobs with your level 12? :p

Seriously, though, that's impressive.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice :D
    But did you then level WW to 9 on those level 38 mobs with your level 12? :p

Seriously, though, that's impressive.

No, I took her to Stros M'Kai and used Carve to generate Ultimate, and farmed Saints Port. It took about 3 hours. I wanted to do it without leveling her, but unfortunately, she hit level 13 before I could morph to Carve.

Still the funniest character to bite people with on Covenant side, though.

She's also WW 10. Again, because once you have devour and a good path through Saintsport, the rest falls into place.

I actually had a guild member beat my record a couple weeks later with a level 10 WW.

I've got two I turned at 16. Those you can farm the mobs with. Though it's a little stressful.
  • Der_Deutsche_Hase
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I still think it should be a no-cost toggle (take up the ultimate slot, still, so you're prevented from using another ultimate on that bar, but it can be toggled on or off at any time with no other requirements).

More freedom for wolves.

That's a good idea.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay! You sir underestimate the power of a werewolf!
    The wolf is very powerful and fast in 1.6. I have been three to four shot by them in pvp. And they attack fast. Be ready for the reign of the Wolf imo.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • SouthernDiscomfort
    Having got back into the game a few days ago and playing around as a lycanthrope extensively, the two problem I've stumbled upon have been dead bodies despawning before I've been able to feed off them or during and then meter doesn't replenish, and also just easy it's been to break off the animation during feeding is just a little annoying. I do think it's better to be able to break off from feeding in an emergency but it would be good to have a bit of a resistance to it, such as having to hit a movement button twice.

General duration buff would be nice; if you don't have a steady supplement of morsels or there's a loading screen you need to transition through, then just forget about the rest of the lycanthropy ultimate.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here; this is The War Room!"
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either reduce ulti cost or increase duration without feeding.

Edited by Cody on January 30, 2015 12:37AM
  • frould
    frould
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolves should have passive
    - allow to use 1/2 slotted class skills.
    fun :#
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Sigh* Toggle please.

/End rant.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The blood rage passive in 1 will make the duration last a lot longer
    Combat & Gameplay
    [*] Werewolf
    • Decreased the amount of damage you take from poison to 40% from 50%.
    • Blood Rage
      • Using this passive will now increase the amount of time you are transformed as a werewolf by 3 seconds every time you take damage.
      • This passive now has a 3 second cooldown.
    • Devour
      • Fixed an issue where this ability would appear to blink.
    • Howl of Despair
      • Feeding Frenzy (morph): The Synergy prompt for this ability will now properly disappear when you can no longer use it.
    • Infectious Claws
      • Slightly adjusted the animation for this ability so it no longer gets clipped by a light attack.
    • Roar
      • Rousing Roar (morph): This ability now grants the Major Brutality buff for 5 seconds.

That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Der_Deutsche_Hase
    Iago wrote: »
    The blood rage passive in 1 will make the duration last a lot longer
    Combat & Gameplay
    [*] Werewolf
    • Decreased the amount of damage you take from poison to 40% from 50%.
    • Blood Rage
      • Using this passive will now increase the amount of time you are transformed as a werewolf by 3 seconds every time you take damage.
      • This passive now has a 3 second cooldown.
    • Devour
      • Fixed an issue where this ability would appear to blink.
    • Howl of Despair
      • Feeding Frenzy (morph): The Synergy prompt for this ability will now properly disappear when you can no longer use it.
    • Infectious Claws
      • Slightly adjusted the animation for this ability so it no longer gets clipped by a light attack.
    • Roar
      • Rousing Roar (morph): This ability now grants the Major Brutality buff for 5 seconds.

EPIC, thanks for then info. I'll have to see what level is needed for that.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup it needs to be a toggle. Timer is awful.

Werewolf Form: You transform into a savage Beast of Hercine. Unlocking powerful abilities that do less damage compared to human form! You also take extra damage from all players and also poisons! But it's all ok because you lose all ultimate that you have gained in form, you can't stealth and best of all you also are playing a mini game of operation always fighting the timer!

Lets apply werewolf ultimate theory to some other classes ultimate for fun!

Standard of might: Drop an aoe standard on the ground for 30 sec... you deal less damage in the standard to enemies and enemies deal more damage to you! Gain standard time by dropping your gaurd and dealing 0 damage while you tie ribbon around your standard.

Overload: cover yourself in lightning, you deal the same damage but take extra damage from.... ummm how bout lightning. Stay in this forum for 30 sec. Gain time by getting hit like a piñata.

Nova: Drop a mini sun on the ground, you apply sun screen for 20 sec. Enemies put on sunglasses and look real cool. Allies may synergize to apply sun screen to eachother.

Veil of blades: All enemies in Vail live happily ever after. You have to go to the DMV and get a new drivers license.

Either nerf everything to werewolf level so we are all care bears or give werewolf some love!
    Edited by Chrlynsch on January 30, 2015 8:05PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Der_Deutsche_Hase
    Prothwata wrote: »

Either nerf everything to werewolf level so we are all care bears or give werewolf some love!

:D I agree.

• Suntzu1414
    should be free.
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Der_Deutsche_Hase
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »
    should be free.

What do you mean? Like a toggle?
  • Shadow
    Shadow
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

More freedom for wolves.

^^

• Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think werewolf should be an ultimate in the first place. I got up to rank 10 and cured it. It isn't worth it. If it was something that didn't take up an ultimate spot, sure. Or if the poison negative didn't effect you when not it werewolf for? Sure. As of now? Being a werewolf is stupid.
    Edited by Gelston on March 14, 2015 6:17AM