The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild recruitment ?

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok i'm a new player with a lvl 21 Templar. I'm an older player so a mature helpful newbie friendly guild is key for me. I don't know where i should post something like this here. Would love to here from other older player's. By older i mean 35+.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Castagere, welcome to the game! What server (and faction) are you on? I think there is a forum for guilds but most guild recruitment takes place in game.
    Edited by LMar on January 29, 2015 11:59AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Castagere, just be aware that in this game guilds are substitute for an economy so if you're looking for a traditional MMO guild where people get together to play the game together and help each other, rather than simply trade, you'll need to be clear any guild you're thinking of joining is what you're looking for.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on January 29, 2015 1:10PM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of social guilds welcoming new players so that's not a problem :)
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies all. I'm on the NA side server and i'm looking for a helpful guild where i can get advice and play with people when i come across content i find hard to solo through.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies all. I'm on the NA side server and i'm looking for a helpful guild where i can get advice and play with people when i come across content i find hard to solo through.

Lone Wolf Help is a guild you will want to be a part of. Message me in game and I can invite you in this evening. We are all about having fun, laughing at our selves and helping each other out. We also have weekly dungeon/boss runs for various zones in various alliances. We have an active store and even get a Kiosk most weeks to sell to the public but we are not a trading guild. We have a nice bank full of mats if you need something to complete an armor set. We also have craft nights where we make traited items for research for fellow guildies in case your not finding what you need as loot.

http://www.lonewolfhelp.com/

Edited by Nestor on January 29, 2015 4:45PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad guild masters have answered. The guilds I know are on the EU server but I am sure more helpful NA people will find you :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to agree with @Nestor on this. I've only been a member of Lone Wolf Help for a few weeks, but I've already found it to be full of friendly, helpful people. There's no pressure that you have to engage in certain activities, but at the same time there are plenty of activities scheduled that you can join in on if you like. I've had a lot of fun doing the handful of ones I've joined in on.

I can't be completely sure of this, but the guild seems to be mostly made up of "older" folks like yourself and myself (yes, I'm older than 35). If I'm wrong on this, I certainly haven't noticed any of the stereotypical "young punk" type of gamer in the guild, anyway...

Oh, and it's cross-faction. It seems like many, if not most, of the members have characters in all 3 alliances. For me this is important, because I never know which of my characters I'll feel like playing on any given day, so it's nice knowing that no matter which alliance I'm playing in at the time, odds are good that there are guild members online who can come to my aid if I really need it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ravage_0
    Ravage_0
    Soul Shriven
    I'm looking for a guild that tolerates noobs. I'm currently in the Ebonheart Pact (NA Server) so anyone looking to recruit would be extremely beneficial for me. I've tried asking in zone chats but no one ever replies. So I figured I'd give it a shot here.
    Edited by Ravage_0 on March 27, 2015 3:17PM
    I am your end, your silencer.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravage_0 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a guild that tolerates noobs. I'm currently in the Ebonheart Pact (NA Server) so anyone looking to recruit would be extremely beneficial for me. I've tried asking in zone chats but no one ever replies. So I figured I'd give it a shot here.

Send me a message in game to @Nestor

I can get you hooked up with Lone Wolf Help. By sending me a message I make sure I have your account name correct.

For the record, we tolerate everyone except the jerks, but we don't have any jerks in our guild so it's all good. The nightly events will help you with the higher level or more difficult content. But we don't require anything of our members except to be nice and helpful so that means we will leave you alone for those times you just want to putter around doing your own thing.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"