The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Standard of Might - Nerfed

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    TheBull wrote: »
    Ult gain seems pretty fast anyways. Maybe faster than before.

I have to assume you were a stam nightblade then?

I hardly used banner anyways lol

Oh that's a mistake lol.. Banner OP. But with the new major/minor healing debuffs one meatbag is a much more logical choice.

Bats can't be negated :) and takes heals away from me and to those who actually need it.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that's a mistake lol.. Banner OP. But with the new major/minor healing debuffs one meatbag is a much more logical choice.

Bats can't be negated :) and takes heals away from me and to those who actually need it.

No one negates behind them haha.. Push through, negate, standard, dead reds.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one negates behind them haha.. Push through, negate, standard, dead reds.

I've dropped plenty of banners behind the negate spams, but now walls only allows 1 at a time so back to full time turtle and bats.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read all the class changed. I see no DK nurfs. I see no real DK changed. Why you're crying about the standard's ult increase I do not know. It will still be spammed.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    I read all the class changed. I see no DK nurfs. I see no real DK changed. Why you're crying about the standard's ult increase I do not know. It will still be spammed.

You are what those b2p nerds are gunna sounds like ...
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game needs fewer DKs so anyone who feels the class is "dead" just switch to the new FotM.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Welcome to the nightblade class

oh thats mature. there was never anything wrong with nightblades to begin with.
    Let's ignore the fact that several Nightblade class skills still aren't working correctly.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pft, the real nerf was when they removed the 'press E to talk' to standards.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    Game needs fewer DKs so anyone who feels the class is "dead" just switch to the new FotM.

As far as classes go, my first impression is that DKs got the best deal ( again ) and Bat Swarm even got better relative to other ultis.

So unless I'm missing something big, which is entirely possible at this stage of course, we'll actually see even more Vamp DKs. Just with somewhat different builds than before.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Pft, the real nerf was when they removed the 'press E to talk' to standards.

I miss my standard telling people dirty secrets. ):
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't agree with this as building Ultimate is taking longer for me, even after accounting for the 25% increase in the skill's cost. Before 1.6, Talons and Fire Ring on a 5 pack of VR11 Welwa in Craglorn would build Ultimate in no time. Now, it is much more slower as I need three different five packs of Welwa to build it from 0 to charged when I could previously build it with one and sometimes two packs of them.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry. DK's will still be god mode.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so? Because I've played a DK and know exactly how god like they are now. And having read the patch notes I see no difference to them what so ever. They will still be god like.

This change to the ult cost won't affect DK's in anyway.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How so? Because I've played a DK and know exactly how god like they are now. And having read the patch notes I see no difference to them what so ever. They will still be god like.

Whatever you say B2P Lord.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #TheBetaBlackAlliance

For the eradication of the b2p nerds
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets make an evil word for b2p scrubs
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Rylana wrote: »
    It is now the highest cost ult in the game (except wolves, but whatever thats not a class ult)
    It had its synergy reduced to the point of only people literally in the middle of it could be affected/push X

-.- You know cause its not like people couldnt just roll out of it already, or just not stand in it, it didnt exactly move or anything.

DK confirmed for dead class. We shall all be stealth nightblade bads now.

[Moderator Note: Edited Inappropriate Title]
    please, go away. Actually the standard should be able to be targeted and destroyed.
    Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on January 28, 2015 9:52AM
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was nova's cost lowered? 250 is a dream
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you think that change won't effect DK at all... then I understand how cou can think all the other DKs are god like. Maybe a little cocky attitude thinking the same about yourself, but it's all relative, after all.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of those using double tap for dodge, my banner is immediately evacuated giving me nothing but a 20% damage reduction in pvp for a melee build or immediately negated entirely. Chasing people down using shifting standard seems like a dps loss as the tick is not that powerful alone, it's the damage stacking that makes it powerful in damage.

I'd really like to see the damage increase and reduction stay on the caster in or out of the banner for the added ultimate cost.

With the -10% fire damage reduction to vampire I really have to ask myself why would I not go vamp at this point? I really don't want to be a vampire, but I also really can't justify not being one right now.
    Edited by Armitas on January 28, 2015 4:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs crying about getting nerfs oh how I love it!
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Lets make an evil word for b2p scrubs

Did I miss a way not to b2p? You still need to buy the game.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All discussions about how huge a buff/nerf is does not make really sense. Why? Because we all don't know how 1.6 will feel like. If we gain ult-points as slow as some guys think then the cheaper Take Flight is in my oppinion more important than the more expensive standart.
    But I don't want to ignore that it is a nerf, it just won't kill the class imo.
    Edited by Lhorion on January 28, 2015 2:42PM
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read damage buffs all round for like every ability, was I wrong?
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    If you think that change won't effect DK at all... then I understand how cou can think all the other DKs are god like. Maybe a little cocky attitude thinking the same about yourself, but it's all relative, after all.

The truth is you have no idea how the changes to the DK will behave in relation to the hundreds of changes to the other classes and game mechancis before it goes live. You can just speculate. Some testing on PTS which will definitely be patched multiple times before go live wont change this.

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mauz‌ It is true, we don't know how it will feel like, but @ToRelax‌ just wanted to say that it is a nerf. Cost of 200 would be stronger than 250.
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah with the ult nerf/change I have 0 clue why they nerf the cost of standard... sure if they weren't changing ultimate I might be ok with this change but come on this is a bit overkill don't you think.

I guess Veil of Blades got a big nerf with either you choose the damage side or the defensive side.

Aside from the ulti thing, but that hurts everyone.

Hurts DK the most (they relied upon it the most I would say) especially in PvE as they got a lot of their DPS from that, and the sustain they had in PvP was through Ults. Class has changed a lot with the update, they won't be able to be at the front of the lines anymore and will have to range like everyone else... but we have no range skills with the class so not sure what we will want to do.
    Edited by Nijjion on January 28, 2015 3:03PM
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't fiery breath get a 30% buff? That +standard would still be pretty uber..
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    having one morph cost more then the other morph of ultimate makes sense doesn't laughs. i get it was abit op for some of you to handle im not pleased with the increase in cost to might and them not doing the same to shifting!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, your whole thread loses credit because of 2 things:

1. Nova is still 300 ult, which still makes standard better.
    2. DKs were buffed all over on their damage.

So please stop complaining. Templars wergot the same nerf to their synergy and then some. Our healing tree got nerfed, so now we all have to equip mage light to be a viable healer. We did get a nice dps buff though. But please, for the love of god STOP complainimg about your DK, because they only got a minor nerf.