The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question: reinforced trait in 1.6

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The patch notes say that, in 1.6, 1 point of armor also provides 1 point of spell resistance. If this is true, does it mean that the reinforced trait, which increases an item's armor value, will also now be effectively increasing spell resistance as well?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should. Anyone on the PTS care to verify this?

Edit: just a thought, but wouldn't this make the set bonuses for Footman and Hist Bark redundant?
    Edited by dharbert on January 28, 2015 10:45PM
  • Carnophobe
    I would very much like to hear some of the people who know their stuff discuss this, if anyone has a link to elsewhere where I can find more information about this it would be much appreciated.

And I don't think this will make Footman redundant, in fact quite the opposite. Footman adds armour and spell resistance, and since armour now also equates spell resistance, that's double the spell resistance. This on top of the fact that soft-caps are being removed... Well... That's a lot of extra spell resist. ^^
    I could be wrong however... :/

I did notice a sharp drop in the price of Footman rings recently, indeed the same for the Healer set. Could be other sets are also, but these are two in particular which I've been watching. I couldn't work out why, but I suspect it's the increase in supply because people are doing DSA a lot in preperation for 1.6 and not because they know something about how these sets are going to become redundant... At least I hope so... I just spent 60k on the two Footman rings and only bought my healer ones a couple of weeks ago... ^^
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be fairly easy to test for anyone on the PTS, just craft a chestpiece without the trait and one with it, and see if your spell resist goes up when you swap items.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Carnophobe
    I'm on EU, so I won't have my crafter until the next shift. Will definitly be doing some testing then.
  • Carnophobe
    As far as I can tell, yes, reinforced also adds spell resist.
    However, set bonuses and enchants which add armour don't seem to. So sadly no double spell resist for Footman. ^^ There are, however, some weird anomalies with the figures which I can't seem to discover the cause of...
  • Psych32
    Psych32
    ok im confused.People are saying reinforced increases the armor itself but the trait says it increases value. Does reinforced increase its monetary value or armor rating?
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psych32 wrote: »
    ok im confused.People are saying reinforced increases the armor itself but the trait says it increases value. Does reinforced increase its monetary value or armor rating?

"Reinforced" trait increases the armor rating. There is another trait ("Ornate"), which increases the gold value, but that's not craftable.
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Reinforced raises the armor rating of the piece of armor. Armor gives you both physical and spell resistance at a 1:1 ratio.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar