Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

I believe I can fly..... but not after 1.6

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think of all other players has criminal and expect the worst of them...then move on and nothing will surprise you
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »
    Bugs or exploits are discovered through testing and reporting, which is what was done. You may not like the most recent party involved, but is it worth talking about so much?

From what I've seen discussed before, there have been (and probably will be) people abusing or messing with other abilities plenty and the abilities involved generally end up needing some adjustment.

I don't consider the recent events really worth so much angst, honestly. It's over, changed, done with, etc. The game will be quite different soon enough and we may see many more significant changes after that in the future.

Honestly, I only brought it up yesterday because it was fixed yesterday, the day before that cause that's when it happened, and I only mentioned it today in response to your post :P
    Now I'm focusing on the next big thing: the removal of Vet Ranks!
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 28, 2015 8:28PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, don't focus so much on the second sentence as the first sentence:
    Ferocious Leap (morph): This ability now applies a damage shield to the caster equal to your maximum health, and also removed the spell resist buff. We also fixed an issue where using this ability was unintentionally allowing you to jump up keep walls.

As a templar, I'd gladly trade my Nova for your Ferocious Leap damage shield and its ultimate cost.
    Deacon Grim
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can still leap across distances, so, for example, if someone is directly across from you on a tower, you can leap over to them. I did it at Chalman several times today on PTS. ;)
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at turning the abuse of that exploit into "testing and reporting" but whatever makes you feel best about the use of it in the past.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still leap across distances, so, for example, if someone is directly across from you on a tower, you can leap over to them. I did it at Chalman several times today on PTS. ;)

*rubs hands together*

excellent
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol at turning the abuse of that exploit into "testing and reporting" but whatever makes you feel best about the use of it in the past.

Maybe you should apply that passion on the PVP battlefield.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try chains. I have yet to test it, but according to the patch notes, if you cant pull them to you, you get pulled TO them.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Try chains. I have yet to test it, but according to the patch notes, if you cant pull them to you, you get pulled TO them.

Yep! Tried it~ You can get pulled across gaps with it :D
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »

Maybe you should apply that passion on the PVP battlefield.

LOL more moral relativism

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd much rather they fix the gates. Maybe make them bigger, walls taller. Something other than ruining the ability. At least then the ability is left to do what it was designed to do and ZoS terrain/landscape design flaw gets fixed.

The process seems totally bassackwords.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD just did it again on Thornblade, Dragon-Leaped over closed Gates and took the Scroll of Ghartok. That, or they found some new way of getting through closed Gates. Arrius has been ours for the past 48 hours, so they weren't waiting inside after they closed. Luckily we stopped them and returned the Scroll. They give the rest of AD a bad name.

Nice try though! I'm sure they'll keep exploiting it till it's patched :wink:
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 1, 2015 2:17AM
    NA/PC server
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD just did it again on Thornblade, Dragon-Leaped over closed Gates and took the Scroll of Ghartok. That, or they found some new way of getting through closed Gates. Arrius has been ours for the past 48 hours, so they weren't waiting inside after they closed. Luckily we stopped them and returned the Scroll. They give the rest of AD a bad name.

Nice try though! I'm sure they'll keep exploiting it till it's patched :wink:

As much as I despise the lagsploiting EP, this is pathetic behavior from AD. I hope you reported them.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The poor fools!!

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the nerf certain keeps, certain spots, still gonna be able to leap onto the outter and into the inner. And I love it.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the DK QQ about you leap here is the simple point at one time DKs, WWs and NBs could all jump right up walk (when you think about it the wall is a defensive structure that was not really stopping done players) and ZOS "fixed" it so no one could on command go up wall they may have taken their time with finally stopping DKs from doing it but gladly it's done.

As for the same dry comebacks
    1)yes the DK mostly does not the point
    2) yes they are cut off from heals because in this game only Templers can heal so no chance of one of them getting up here not like DKs can be healers that just crazy talk
    3) if you can't kill one DK you have bigger problems then that one guy yea the class that you can't kill with range and with all the Melee powers in the world DK have never once been seen tanking one then two people none never happens
    4) one DK tanking a whole wall may not have a hard hitting build but are you going to stay on counter siege with an enemy running behind you no, no you don't
    5) and if the "variety" of having an enemy coming up the wall spices things up then give the power to go up walls back to werewolves and Nightblades and remember have much fun you all had when I used ambush you from stealth then used Soul Harvest then Impale cause everyone loved that... Oh no wait
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the DK QQ about you leap here is the simple point at one time DKs, WWs and NBs could all jump right up walk (when you think about it the wall is a defensive structure that was not really stopping done players) and ZOS "fixed" it so no one could on command go up wall they may have taken their time with finally stopping DKs from doing it but gladly it's done.

As for the same dry comebacks
    1)yes the DK mostly does not the point
    2) yes they are cut off from heals because in this game only Templers can heal so no chance of one of them getting up here not like DKs can be healers that just crazy talk
    3) if you can't kill one DK you have bigger problems then that one guy yea the class that you can't kill with range and with all the Melee powers in the world DK have never once been seen tanking one then two people none never happens
    4) one DK tanking a whole wall may not have a hard hitting build but are you going to stay on counter siege with an enemy running behind you no, no you don't
    5) and if the "variety" of having an enemy coming up the wall spices things up then give the power to go up walls back to werewolves and Nightblades and remember have much fun you all had when I used ambush you from stealth then used Soul Harvest then Impale cause everyone loved that... Oh no wait
    Can you re write or simplify this? I honestly can't understand it. Terribly muddled English.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again, just a few seconds ago: Thornblade, closed Gates, Ghartok Scroll taken by AD. They dropped it this time too, but still. Really milking that exploit before it gets patched in 1.6, huh?

I've got nothing but respect for most of AD, you make us fight tooth and nail every day and it's great fun. But those exploiters are giving you guys a bad name nightly now.

EDIT: I have a feeling they'll try each day until it's patched, so I won't bother posting each time. Don't worry Rylana, I won't spam your thread :grin:

EDIT 2: My my, twice in one night. Milk that exploit. Shame you failed both times. Even exploits can't help you, tut tut.
    Ah, then they finally got it on the third one.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 2, 2015 2:21AM
    NA/PC server
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    They took away my leap :(

Why you do dis. :(

Certain people were using it to Dragon Leap over closed Gates to steal Scrolls, so ZOS changed it.

I'd give you the name of the Guild in question (who were openly bragging about it on a thread I made before it was deleted, FYI), but it's naming and shaming.

This has changed nothing. We use Take Flight.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Certain people were using it to Dragon Leap over closed Gates to steal Scrolls, so ZOS changed it.

I'd give you the name of the Guild in question (who were openly bragging about it on a thread I made before it was deleted, FYI), but it's naming and shaming.

Aye, the nerf didn't do anything. We just can't use Fercious Leap to jump vertically anymore, Take Flight will still be used to leap over gates, onto keep walls, and into certain -inner- keep walls. Which is fine, there was never anything wrong with this... If a single DK leaped up into your keep and killed you all, the blame is on you.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's being patched in 1.6, so it's not on Live yet. You can still use Dragon Leap and its morphs to go over Gates.
    NA/PC server
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's being patched in 1.6, so it's not on Live yet. You can still use Dragon Leap and its morphs to go over Gates.

As far as I know, they haven't fixed jumping over gates either. We'll have to test it later.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I know, they haven't fixed jumping over gates either. We'll have to test it later.

"We also fixed an issue where using this ability was unintentionally allowing you to jump up keep walls"
    I assume it does that by removing the ability for vertical or high-diagonal jumping. Keep or Gate walls.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 1, 2015 11:57PM
    NA/PC server
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"We also fixed an issue where using this ability was unintentionally allowing you to jump up keep walls"
    I assume it does that by removing the ability for vertical or high-diagonal jumping. Keep or Gate walls.

Correct. What I'm saying is that jumping over the gate does not require a vertical jump.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlaChitty be showing their true colors one again by exploiting two scrolls at once. Keep up the good work exploiters!
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall