Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Bout Dem Templar Changes...

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know how true this is but: one of the guys said 9kish should be avg dps and 15k would be high. Again - not sure how accurate - but on my templar I usually hit 2-3+k HEALS per sec and my numbers for just 4 people (as opposed to 6 of 12 where I normally bother looking - where I would reg highest Hps as more damage) was 8-9k min on average - so The numbers are very different
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the trash in eh was a whole nother thing - it hit HARD. Especially the trash and caster mini boss right after Dark Root (where you jump down)
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, the Trash in FG beat us senseless for a good ass while.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the guys I was with were on templates not all skills leveled/passives unlocked - whereas my templar was a copy and I had all skills I needed maxed and unlocked. So I reckon their dps would be higher when that os the case.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant destruction is the new "I win button"
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and I divvied my blue champ points between the more heals one and the crit and heals one - just because I do not know what to do yet.

My healer is not a crit build (healer and seducer, ritual stone) - and fyi - I was still dropping Nova min 3x boss fight.

ETA: that big slam she does hits for 19k+ and it actually killed me 2x which has never happened before.
    Edited by Islyn on January 28, 2015 6:37PM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really now @TheBull‌? lol And @Islyn‌, I would imagine that Template Characters in full super gear from SO would be powerful but not have that much a massive gap between DPS like that.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Khivas_Carrick‌ : as I was healing and playing in my own gear - I could not say. *shrugs*

I reckon though that all unlocked as well as CP in right places would help a lot.
    Edited by Islyn on January 28, 2015 6:40PM
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll only appreciate how much of a nerf this is to Restoring Aura in a stamina build when you look at what the new buff does. Instead of increasing health and stamina by 80%, it now only does 30%.

It is a massive nerf to stamina Templars.

Except they removed soft cap...so before if your stam regen or health regen were capped you only actually received around a 5% increase....without soft cap this is a huge increase at the top end.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    watched stream and noticed that Blazing Spear now have same effect as on npcs-stun through block, to fight against blockasters.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    You'll only appreciate how much of a nerf this is to Restoring Aura in a stamina build when you look at what the new buff does. Instead of increasing health and stamina by 80%, it now only does 30%.

It is a massive nerf to stamina Templars.

Except they removed soft cap...so before if your stam regen or health regen were capped you only actually received around a 5% increase....without soft cap this is a huge increase at the top end.

Actually, on the PTS currently the return for the active form of Restoring Aura is 0%: it no longer affects the caster. So it has been nerfed (for the caster at least) to do exactly nothing.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Actually, I just got out of a Fungal Grotto run using my stam build and holy *** was it an experience.

I don't know how good this is compared to other classes but I did 5.2 to 6.2k DPS each boss fight, without AoE added in.

Remember the numbers are all higher. The guys (some randoms using templates) I ran EH with were hitting 9-12k ish.

The numbers are higher by a factor of about 10. So your 5.2k to 6.2k dps is comparable to 520 to 620 dps in the live version, which is not very good. The magicka dps rotation that I'm playing with now pulls down about 7k to 8.5k dps (around 700 to 850 dps in the live version). The stamina build that Ihave been using will probably be able to pull 8.5k to 10k dps now, which is awesome compared to what it was doing. (TY Backlash fix!)

For those of you for whom Radiant Destruction (RD) starts channeling instantly, please tell me what you are doing. For me, there is almost a 1s delay before the ability actually starts working, even when used with animation cancelling/light attack weaving.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's the case then something's seriously off, because these same fights before I was rocking easily 800-1.1k depending on the situation (granted today held a lot of aggro issues and deaths) and frankly the whole factor of 10 thing feels still wrong because if it was a factor of or even about ten, I'd have over 20k stamina and 30k HP, but instead I got about 20khp, and 18k stamina.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    The numbers are higher by a factor of about 10. So your 5.2k to 6.2k dps is comparable to 520 to 620 dps in the live version, which is not very good.

Magicka and stamina were scaled by about 10x, but not health. Health scaled by maybe 7x (not sure of exact number). So 5200 DPS to 6200 DPS is roughly 742 DPS to 885 DPS. Still well behind other classes, but also possible we have not figured out best builds and rotations for Templar in 1.6.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other testers are saying that the factor of 10 doesn't quite work for health, which is less than that.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very possible, but I doubt it can get much better than what I had going for a Stamina Melee Templar. Also didn't help that I spent a good portion of those fights chained down, dead, or ressing the dead, or simply running the hell away as to not die, so there is that.

Oh and the fact that I'm trying to adjust to timing/using a new move entirely, which is taking a bit of time.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    Islyn wrote: »
    Actually, I just got out of a Fungal Grotto run using my stam build and holy *** was it an experience.

I don't know how good this is compared to other classes but I did 5.2 to 6.2k DPS each boss fight, without AoE added in.

Remember the numbers are all higher. The guys (some randoms using templates) I ran EH with were hitting 9-12k ish.

The numbers are higher by a factor of about 10. So your 5.2k to 6.2k dps is comparable to 520 to 620 dps in the live version, which is not very good. The magicka dps rotation that I'm playing with now pulls down about 7k to 8.5k dps (around 700 to 850 dps in the live version). The stamina build that Ihave been using will probably be able to pull 8.5k to 10k dps now, which is awesome compared to what it was doing. (TY Backlash fix!)

For those of you for whom Radiant Destruction (RD) starts channeling instantly, please tell me what you are doing. For me, there is almost a 1s delay before the ability actually starts working, even when used with animation cancelling/light attack weaving.

Fyi I don't know where you are getting 5-6 k dps unless you mean the other guy?
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh nevermind - I see!
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I just realized how stupid I am, but from earlier I didn't eat a single food buff and for some reason Weapon Power Potions wouldn't work, so I think that might be playing a crucial role in my DPS remaining what it is now only scaled up XD
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol and yay!
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing Shield is now increasing its strengh based in the enemies near you, it doesnt work in Live.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reached 9k DPS, which is what I'm told is the average, so I'm ok now. Some cases higher, others lower, depends on who dies and who doesn't lol
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for those other solar mages out there, looking at the patch notes I'm thinking we may be seeing something like this for a new dps rotation:

1. Apply sun fire dot
    2. Apply the new destructive touch dot (28 meter range on it now)
    3. Dark flare for the damage bonus
    4. Radiant destruction

Rinse and repeat. Throw in backlash where appropriate.

With the new dot from destruction staff, and the fact that radiant destruction does pretty good damage even on high health targets, this seems like the best way to squeeze the most damage per second out of caster templars.

Thoughts?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purifying Light is a real big help to fill that fifth slot there.

Edit* Also it might be prudent to stick with crushing shock
    Edited by Khivas_Carrick on January 29, 2015 5:59AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    So for those other solar mages out there, looking at the patch notes I'm thinking we may be seeing something like this for a new dps rotation:

1. Apply sun fire dot
    2. Apply the new destructive touch dot (28 meter range on it now)
    3. Dark flare for the damage bonus
    4. Radiant destruction

Rinse and repeat. Throw in backlash where appropriate.

With the new dot from destruction staff, and the fact that radiant destruction does pretty good damage even on high health targets, this seems like the best way to squeeze the most damage per second out of caster templars.

Thoughts?
    My only issue with Dark Flare is that your light attack eats the damage bonus if you are light weaving. Honestly, unless ZOS gives Darkflare a little bit more love before this goes live, crushing shock is probably going to get you more dps.

For your ultimate, if you are close to the boss using radial sweep probably wouldn't hurt since it applies a dot now.

Also, I agree with throwing backlash in there because... why not.

Edited by timidobserver on January 29, 2015 6:19AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone who has morphed Sun Shield tell us how stronger Radiant Ward became, is it viable now or still BS only option?
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solar Flare and Focused Charge still need redone. Flare still is a DPS loss. They need to figure out what to do with these rotationally.

I maintain: Focused Charge is unneeded overall and should have been replaced like Blinding Flashes was.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested Solar Flare at all, but I'm assuming it's thanks to it's horrid animation and cast time that it's still bad?
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, I haven't seen anything aside from soft cap removal that will help caster DPS Templars with Magicka management at all.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    Also, I haven't seen anything aside from soft cap removal that will help caster DPS Templars with Magicka management at all.

With the new Restoring Aura and Channeled Focus changes Templars are able to sustain DPS in PvP and PvE without having to spam Resto Staff heavy and potions. Though depending on who or what your fighting you might have a pot and Resto heavy a little.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp