Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Bout Dem Templar Changes...

Khivas_Carrick
Khivas_Carrick
✭✭✭✭✭
Good, Bad, or Ugly folks?

Also Sorc feels a little lack luster and DKs clearly had nothing to worry about lol
Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like templar healing got nerfed, so they get to be the best at nothing?
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugly:

-Focused Charge •Slightly reduced the post-global cooldown for this ability, making it feel more responsive.
    (Basically, they are making it look like it is more responsive, but just to make us feel better. The Global Cool Down is still there, and not substantially but only 'slightly' reduced. Why is the Templar virtually the only class being balanced by the introduction of Global Cool downs?)

-Nova is not getting an ultimate reduction. It stays at 300.

Good:

-One morph of Javelin is based of Stamina. Might be useful again.

-Power of the Light not longer has a cast time (should be a massive DPS increase)

Not Sure:

-Blinding Light replaced by a ranged execute. Unfortunately, it has a 3 SECOND CHANNEL TIME. If the damage starts immediately, like Soul Assault, this could be good. If you have to wait 3 seconds to do any damage, it will be interrupted and useless.

Those were the things that stuck out at me in the first pass. More to come when I have a chance to look at them more carefully.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also Sorc feels a little lack luster and DKs clearly had nothing to worry about lol

Were you surprised? DKs are always going to be on top, as they have been from the beginning.

They actually BUFFED Talons in 1.6 LOL!

Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on January 27, 2015 6:27PM
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed the massive nerf to Restoring Aura and Templar healing. Not sure if this will wreck Stamina Templars?
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

Totally not true and not what I got from this at all. Healing seems just fine to me if not a little stronger since Resto Staff got buffed.
    Ugly:

-Focused Charge •Slightly reduced the post-global cooldown for this ability, making it feel more responsive.
    (Basically, they are making it look like it is more responsive, but just to make us feel better. The Global Cool Down is still there, and not substantially but only 'slightly' reduced. Why is the Templar virtually the only class being balanced by the introduction of Global Cool downs?)

-Nova is not getting an ultimate reduction. It stays at 300.

Good:

-One morph of Javelin is based of Stamina. Might be useful again.

-Power of the Light not longer has a cast time (should be a massive DPS increase)

Not Sure:

-Blinding Light replaced by a ranged execute. Unfortunately, it has a 3 SECOND CHANNEL TIME. If the damage starts immediately, like Soul Assault, this could be good. If you have to wait 3 seconds to do any damage, it will be interrupted and useless.

Those were the things that stuck out at me in the first pass. More to come when I have a chance to look at them more carefully.

Ugly -

I very much agree on your Ugly notes. Nova at least got it's damage increased, although I still think it's too god damn expensive for what it does. As for Focused Charged, that move makes me sick and frankly @ZoS still pisses me off because we are literally the only class in this game with a global cooldown, which sets us at a massive and game-breaking disadvantage to everyone by default should we choose to use this move. Looks like my character will remain Charge-less.

Also Biting Jabs may or may not be ok, I'm honestly not sure. I'm leaning more towards sort of useless, but perhaps a Tank would be able to make great use of the ability.

Rune Focus could still be a bit iffy, or maybe it won't be considering how Armor and Spell Resistance has been changed. Frankly it will be a very nice tank ability now.

Good -

I agree with the Power Of The Light not having a cast time. That is SUPER good even, especially for Stamina Builds.Binding Javelin still strikes me as not being that good though because even when you were magicka built it didn't hit all that hard.

I will say though that Burning Light going off of highest stat is good, balanced warrior getting it's numbers increased if good, and sun fire also has it's damage increased by 30% as well as it's morphs and give a big spell crit buff. Piercing Spear remains to be seen because more than once has a patch note said one thing and the ability did another. If it's a passive for ALL things to have Crit Damage increased, then it's great. If not, then it's kinda meh.

Illuminate got buffed hella good too, and will be worth having a Templar around big time, and since we have proven to be able to DPS as of now, I'm sure 1.6 will allow us to go further in that regard so we won't constantly be locked in a healing role.

Radiant Destruction btw reads as channel, which means it does damage the entire time the spell is being used, not to be confused with a casted spell, which does it's deed only after the time limit is reached.

Also I laughed when I saw they took my advice for Blazing Spear and made it so it would continue to deal damage even after being removed lol

Unstable Core may or may not prove useful in PvP depending on how powerful that explosion is but I feel that it will still be garbage thanks to the fact that CC Break removes and then immunizes against it.

Bad -

Nova's cost being 300 is still pretty bad in my eyes, despite one form getting it's damage increased.

Binding and Aurora Javelin still don't seem worth a damn at all to me or anybody with a brain outside of early levels, which in fact would mean that ability is still rather useless despite that being this patch's goal.

Enduring Rays still needs to go because DoTs lasting longer does not increase DPS but rather lowers it, since the DoT ticks themselves deal less damage over the period of time they are active.

Total Dark is garbage for PvP and may only provide minor at best use for PvE. in other words, it will most likely be crap in the pooper still for most people.

All I got for right now, more to come.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • itsBishop
    itsBishop
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed the massive nerf to Restoring Aura and Templar healing.

Sorry, but where's the massive nerf to healing? All I see that's significant is a change to Radiant Aura (which sucks) and a tweak to the Mending passive (meh), along with some minor changes to purifying ritual/remembrance. Otherwise not much was touched. Am I missing something? Admittedly, I just did a quick breeze through this morning.. but I was disappointed to see a lack of changes.
    Purple

World Record SO - 27m 38s
    NA First SO Speedrun Achievement
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed the massive nerf to Restoring Aura and Templar healing. Not sure if this will wreck Stamina Templars?

Nah, Stamina Temps will be fine for the most part as I never once used that skill and I've been a 2H/Bow user since September. As for healing if you used that instead of Repentance, you were doing it wrong, although 10% Magicka Regen may not be so terrible anymore.
    itsBishop wrote: »
    Just noticed the massive nerf to Restoring Aura and Templar healing.

Sorry, but where's the massive nerf to healing? All I see that's significant is a change to Radiant Aura (which sucks) and a tweak to the Mending passive (meh), along with some minor changes to purifying ritual/remembrance. Otherwise not much was touched. Am I missing something? Admittedly, I just did a quick breeze through this morning.. but I was disappointed to see a lack of changes.

That's it, you got it pretty much. Our Healing Ulti got buffed and we got a new graphic for BoL, so that's it I believe. I do wish however that they had changed Healing Ritual, but oh well, we got this.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll only appreciate how much of a nerf this is to Restoring Aura in a stamina build when you look at what the new buff does. Instead of increasing health and stamina by 80%, it now only does 30%.

It is a massive nerf to stamina Templars.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

Totally not true and not what I got from this at all. Healing seems just fine to me if not a little stronger since Resto Staff got buffed.
    The mending change is a pretty significant nerf to Templer class healing.

V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to their philosophy of "not nerfing" but "buffing" other classes. They shouldn't have even touched templars healing passive, we have the a classline dedicated to mediocre healing. We're just like the sorcs and nbs healers now. Oh and the radiant aura got a nerf, no one was even complaining about it, and it got nerfed hard.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody was indeed, which makes what I'm about to say even weirder; I never used Radiant Aura, and if anything Repentance needed a minor Nerf. That said, I never used it, meaning it wasn't that powerful, so why touch it?

That said I'm still way happier than previous that my Templar is going to get a lot better at his job, mainly thanks to Power Of The Light
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power of the Light and Unstable Core are the ones I'm really looking forward to trying too.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unstable Core had better have a giant ass explosion attached to it to make it worth while. Power Of The Light though is pretty much the Bee's Knees of this update and frankly all we really needed, although PLENTY else has been placed to make me a happy camper for now.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get ready to be disappointed with Unstable core. First reports are it doing a whopping 1506 damage... which you might think is huge, until you realize that the update basically increases all numbers by a factor of 10. So the damage is roughly equivalent to 150 damage under the old system. In short: it does about the same damage as a light attack.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I was right in that it's still a useless skill.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nvm

Edited by Koensol on January 28, 2015 11:53AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unstable Core had better have a giant ass explosion attached to it to make it worth while. Power Of The Light though is pretty much the Bee's Knees of this update and frankly all we really needed, although PLENTY else has been placed to make me a happy camper for now.
    I'm almost 100% sure the "explosion" to unstable core is just the regular damage it did at the end of the effect, but then executed earlier. And its a total disappointment in terms of dps.

I really hope the nerf to Restoring Aura is only for the unmorphed version, since it didn't state Radiant Aura. If it does affect Radiant aura as well then WOW. I mean seriously? Why the hell was this nerf needed? It was not OP in any way or form and going from 80% to 30% is too harsh to be honest. This whole new system of minor and major buffs just totally stinks in my opinion.

Also, this change to mending kind of makes my templar healer obligated to use the FREAKING LAME AND STUPID mage light ability. Why was this needed? I hate using mage light and other toggle abilties because it makes the game and abilities I use even less varied than they already are.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also I laughed when I saw they took my advice for Blazing Spear and made it so it would continue to deal damage even after being removed lol
    Can anyone say me about new Blazing shiled mechanic?
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell you you mean? Nothing, it just costs a lil more to use is all.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Focused Charge's continued existence is terrible. It should be replaced like Blinding Flashes. There's no need for it. Especially since how bad this Restoring Aura nerf is to Stam Templars. But hey, I guess we're all supposed to wear bathrobes and wield broomsticks for damage. At least that may be viable now.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I just got out of a Fungal Grotto run using my stam build and holy *** was it an experience.

I don't know how good this is compared to other classes but I did 5.2 to 6.2k DPS each boss fight, without AoE added in.

I'm going to be writing a report up on what went down among other things for a the testing part, but somebody can feel free to do the math here.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I just got out of a Fungal Grotto run using my stam build and holy *** was it an experience.

I don't know how good this is compared to other classes but I did 5.2 to 6.2k DPS each boss fight, without AoE added in.

I'm going to be writing a report up on what went down among other things for a the testing part, but somebody can feel free to do the math here.

Remember the numbers are all higher. The guys (some randoms using templates) I ran EH with were hitting 9-12k ish.
    Edited by Islyn on January 28, 2015 4:32PM
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Blinding Light replaced by a ranged execute. Unfortunately, it has a 3 SECOND CHANNEL TIME. If the damage starts immediately,

Can confirm; starts immediately.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, then perhaps there are still some balance issues. What classes were they?

Also the guy I competed against was another Templar but running a caster build, and I did an easy 1k more than him with the exception of the last boss.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc and he was also using a Summon to test it - and NB Bow wielder. I cannot remember the tank's class - but he wasn't posting DPS so I am unsure anyway.

We only got through Dark Root before I had to go - but yeah.
    Edited by Islyn on January 28, 2015 4:34PM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see, well initial reports will come in time. I want to say that NB's and DK's should still be ahead of Templars and Sorcs but I wouldn't think it would be by too too much now.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was healing on my copied char (Templar) and had no issues really.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully ZOS is monitoring this thread. I think most Templar players agree that Healing Ritual, Focused Charge, and Eclipse are three problem skills that need fixing or replacing.

Healing Ritual, in particular, is so bad that I'd be okay with them just removing it and not replacing it just so that I don't have to worry about any healers I am running with trying to use it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Islyn wrote: »
    Remember the numbers are all higher. The guys (some randoms using templates) I ran EH with were hitting 9-12k ish.

Cannot test myself bcs of problems in EU server char copies but...

I watched Erlexx's twitch show yesterday when they run Spindle. He was using magicka build with all the buffed skills included. And he was able to reach 5k-6k dps during boss fights.
    While the sorc in his group with a pet build can easily hit 10k dps in same fight. Just one Twilight pet did much higher damage on entire fight than the Radiant Destruction on execute phase. And RD was his top 1 dps skill in dps meter

I was soo disappointed. Not sure he had the right gear for pve for that moment, but afaik he's a good player pve wise. Watching him literally trying hard only to be able to reach 6k dps was really sad.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then ZoS is gonna have to tone down those Pets or Raise us Templars, totally depends on the other classes DPS at the moment, because 4k is completely and entire unacceptable.