The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Its not enjoyable at all anymore.

• miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Impulse's damage is so high compared to longer ranged skills because Impulse's damage only applies to near-melee range.
    miahq wrote: »
    Fruitdog wrote: »
    collision being on would lead to a lot of trolling.

You're always going to have trolls though, it couldn't be that much worse, could it? The most is people could block you from passing. Has that really been such an issue in the past with other games-- with a p2p model I mean. F2p I'd imagine is an entirely different story.
    I think you don't even remotely realize the level of trolling one can reach with collision detection for players. It would be absolutely awful.

Lol, true, maybe not. It wasn't meant so much as questioning the comment as it was simply a genuine question. Regardless, I'm not trying to argue that no collision is so impossible to work with. It was more meant originally as a comment on their PvP system and performance, would lag really be any worse than it is now?

The impulse thing, I've never been one who minded the damage, I'm just of the opinion AoE skills should have a higher cost to them. If you tripled the cost the total damage to skill cost is still absurdly great with say five or so opponents as compared to any single target skill. It's just not something you can spam as much then.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real imbalance in the combination is the ability to be resilient while wearing Light Armor. The entire build crumbles without the sustainability + damage boosts that Light Armor gives them.

If LA loses the majority of its durability (regardless of Sword/Board being equipped) during 1.6, that will be a major, positive direction of game balance. Light Armor should suck for damage mitigation or durability in any form. Why? because of all the other amazing things it gives you for Magicka sustainability, Spell Resist Penetration, and Crit Rate.

Once they have to wear HA to be tanky (or MA to be dodgy), then suddenly this build ceases to be viable.

I don't play a DK but I'm sure you know what you're talking about re. light armor DKs. As someone who plays a sorc main I feel rather strongly that LA already does suck for damage mitigation; however it wouldn't make much sense for a sorc to wear anything else if only for the magicka regen. Personally I don't think Zeni has spell resist or crit working right for sorcs. But anyway, I do agree a tank-like survivability shouldn't be achievable wearing LA.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag is a bug that can and will be fixed (to a certain extent), unlike trolling that will come from collision detection on friendly players in a game that features no friendly fire, friendly knockback or some mechanic to shove friendly players out of the way. (And the latter option would open up a whole new world of trolling.)
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ZOS need to do away with, imo, to save the gradual implosion of PvP is remove block casting entirely. That's the single largest complaint I have atm (that's not related to Cloak still being broken for ***'s sake).

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Grim13 wrote: »
    snip...

AD is full of people who dont know how to, and actually dont WANT to actually get tactical.

snip

AD also has a lot of very negative people posting in zone chat. I dunno, maybe every faction's zone chat is like that. But what I do know is that being negative does not inspire greater effort by your faction. Being negative only makes the situation worse. Repeat offenders I put on "ignore". I highly suggest we all do that. I'd name names but... forum rules and such.

Are you talking about the Hotel in Sierra?

There is a pretty good amount of negativity in DC zone chat so it's not unique to AD (or EP I imagine). I quoted you because the hotel you mentioned has sent me rage tells because I've ganked him so much. o:)

Should see the rage he posts in zone. Always mad at AD, but is always the first to die.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Impulse's damage is so high compared to longer ranged skills because Impulse's damage only applies to near-melee range.
    miahq wrote: »
    Fruitdog wrote: »
    collision being on would lead to a lot of trolling.

You're always going to have trolls though, it couldn't be that much worse, could it? The most is people could block you from passing. Has that really been such an issue in the past with other games-- with a p2p model I mean. F2p I'd imagine is an entirely different story.
    I think you don't even remotely realize the level of trolling one can reach with collision detection for players. It would be absolutely awful.
    Please think before post. You can make it as in warhammer online that when you push against someone for 4 seconds, you push through. You could also make collision detection just for enemies. This worked like a charm in WAR.

Btw, another reason the devs didn't implement CD is because they thought the keeps would be too easy to defend with it. Just put a shield wall at the breach and spam heals ad infinium. I suppose one could design countrrs to that but still.

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being able to stop someone from moving for 4 seconds is top tier troll material right there.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing I don't like about switching the block reduction passive from S&B tree to HA is that it gives a huge advantage to sorcs compared to dks.

Sorcs are mainly ranged characters and they don't need S&B as much as DKs do to survive since they stay in range most of the time.

DKs need S&B to survive since most of the class abilities require to be in melee range.

If you move the block reduction passive from S&B to HA, you simply force DKs to use stamina HA builds and sorcs are still free to pick any role they feel to.

Don't tell me that a DK resto/destro 7/7 LA is viable in solo play. The only thing it does is breaking your left click by spamming crushing shock weaving all day.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 7, 2015 3:43PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that makes Xylena so deadly 1v1 is her 2H. Those can hit like a truck and be remarkably durable, especially on a DK.

The secret's out. ZOS posted the build yesterday for everyone to get the idea. Magnum Shot to create distance, Crit Rush for guaranteed crit, and a whole bunch of stamina... (regen and cap).

I'm only VR11 with balanced stam/magicka and uses Heavy Armors with no pots or buff, but putting DoTs then Magnum, then Crit Rush, then Executioner? BAM!
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    Why can't 2H get a skill like Steel Tornado :(

WTB bladestorm!

Is that from Diablo's Barbarian? That's all I can remember...

August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Is that from Diablo's Barbarian? That's all I can remember...

2handed Warrior in WoW!
    Edited by frozywozy on January 7, 2015 3:58PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Elderskrye
    Elderskrye
    ✭✭
    Could collision detect a "core" in each toon to reduce numbers in a stack with reasonable pass through. Avoids a lot of math.
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in. Like most mornings, Crystallized is Emperor, and has been for 4.5 hours (or, since ~6AM Eastern). AD have no scrolls. It's disheartening and pathetic. I don't believe AD ever nightcapped to nearly this degree.

IldpvvN.jpg

Please direct your attention to the time at the top left corner

EDIT: I'd like to note that those scrolls were capped during the previous day and held all day.
    Edited by ishilb14_ESO on January 28, 2015 11:20AM
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be somewhat even. But now its as if EP is literally steamrolling every campaign now..

They are controlling Thorn, Even controlling Haderus.

Any encounter against them is nothing but a complete *** over because 90% of them are Batswarm DKs Spamming scales 99% of the time (they do sometimes drop it... but rarely) and almost always a zerg of them doing it all at once that the other factions have no real chance against.

there is no point in paying for a game when all you are doing is getting your ass handed too anymore.

I would say "but there is still PvE" but sadly its begun to affect that as well..

im stayingish untill 1.6... if no improvement from that i have had enough. ZOS is doing nothing to fix these issues.

the problem here are the fixes done to warrior guild skills wich effectivly made them useless in the best situation or a suicide act in worst case.

silver bolts changed to be reflected by RS - yeah suicide if you´re unlucky and all 3 projectiles proc and are reflected to you... ~4-5.2k dmg coming back at you.
    -> needs to be changed in a way that the deadra/undead proc element will not be reflected and knocks down the DK vamp

circle of protection
    does what it is supposed to do but as it does no dmg its not allways helpfull in killing a Vamp/WW

expert hunter does no more proc on blocking targets that change needs to be undone and the cc component needs to be applied even on blocking vamps/WWs

trap beast neither the cc component nor the dmg is applied to blocking targets
    -> same changes needed as to expert hunter.

as all the downsides wich should be generated by being a vamp [WW in a way lesser extent without access to none WW skills] through the warrior guild skills beeing neglected its no wonder vamps are now 90% of the PvP poulation again [after their nearly extinction at november when silverbolts where oneshotting them]

Edited by Tankqull on January 28, 2015 11:58AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"