The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crit surge COOLDOWN?!!!!

frostbreeze
frostbreeze
✭✭✭
Not only are u making stamina sorc more viable than magica sorc by not giving crit surge the spell damage it needs but also u implement a 1 second cooldown to surge?!! That is totally wrong.Make the heal cap up to 6 people like you did with the nightblades sap essence at least! 1 second cooldown means that well get 200 heal for aoe tops.It also means that if one dot crits (eg. burning) the heal wont come from the elemental ring but from the burning itself which means well get heald for 20 or something..... Come on stop nerfing sorcs even more.I wont even qq about negate....
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting this here as elsewhere... will spam it until I see a ZOS response:

The change to crit surge is unacceptable. You take the ONLY viable class specific healing spell which is COMPLETELY reliant on combat anyway and significantly reduce its viability? It is absolutely ridiculous.

ZOS please fix this. This change may seem trivial, but to a lot of sorcs this fundamentally destroys our build and significantly decreases our viability in anything but 1v1 situations.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Posting this here as elsewhere... will spam it until I see a ZOS response:

The change to crit surge is unacceptable. You take the ONLY viable class specific healing spell which is COMPLETELY reliant on combat anyway and significantly reduce its viability? It is absolutely ridiculous.

ZOS please fix this. This change may seem trivial, but to a lot of sorcs this fundamentally destroys our build and significantly decreases our viability in anything but 1v1 situations.

I really can't believe the change... they say they want it to be a cornerstone of our builds... and then see the outcry when they announce the original nerf, so what do they do?

Nerf it some more!!!

Somebody else made a point in another thread that Surge used to increase damage by around 40%... with the new buff system its now going to be just a 20% buff... so even the damage increase has been nerfed!!!

Entropy is now stronger!!! Flippin Entropy!!!!!!!!!!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree this needs to be changed ASAP. The heal needs to be the BASE part of the spell...and the morphs are magicka/stam. Please this isn't hard...
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Global Cooldowns. The Templars will greet you at the door.

Note there will be no Dragonknights here.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only are u making stamina sorc more viable than magica sorc by not giving crit surge the spell damage it needs but also u implement a 1 second cooldown to surge?!! That is totally wrong.Make the heal cap up to 6 people like you did with the nightblades sap essence at least! 1 second cooldown means that well get 200 heal for aoe tops.It also means that if one dot crits (eg. burning) the heal wont come from the elemental ring but from the burning itself which means well get heald for 20 or something..... Come on stop nerfing sorcs even more.I wont even qq about negate....
    Out of curiosity, have you tested this and found that you ONLY get one single Heal no matter how many mobs you are AOE'ing? If so then that sucks.
  • franka38rwb17_ESO
    franka38rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    There's a screenshot of someone's combat log floating around on the PTS forum somewhere. No matter the number of targets, it's 1 heal per second... Be it for 30 or 300.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any crit will trigger the heal. Like this needs an RNG factor when AoE DPSing. Basically this means you will want to stick when single target DPS for the duration to get the heal to trigger. Power Surge looks more enticing now, but that means no minor healing while I am at the back DPSing mobs and players who don't notice me.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Global Cooldowns. The Templars will greet you at the door.

Note there will be no Dragonknights here.

I doubt you have an ability your completely dependant on as a DPS to survive longer against a group of normal mobs tearing you to shred while wearing cloth.
  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, have you tested this and found that you ONLY get one single Heal no matter how many mobs you are AOE'ing? If so then that sucks.
    I dit test it on spellscar on pts.Only one heal vs 10 mobs.....I almost die when the heal that procs is a burning dot....
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder how hard it is to code 'the six biggest hits get the heal,' or something else along those lines.

A cap beats the cooldown any day.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They must already have a lot of similar code from the AOE cap of 6... so should be a piece of cake!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge needs to be NO COOLDOWN with a 6 target max heal. Dont make me add this to my signature, it should not go that far...
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go on... add it! >:)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP