Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Pretty sure I'm missing something here.....

Dru1076
Dru1076
✭✭✭✭
Is Cyrodil meant for V5's on only? Why is that the weakest level npc enemy? I don't get it. I can't kill a NPC unless I get them alone, let alone a real player. The only thing I got out of going to Cyrodil so far is mild depression, and a strong desire not to go there. I admit, I'm pretty crap and go there expecting to die. I just wish there was a glimmer of hope for my little V1. I guess I need to level up...but then, why let anyone under v5 go there on their own anyway? What have I missed here?
Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At V1 you need a group... there is lots a V1 can do to make a difference... especially hopping on a meatbag or any siege for that matter.... also depending on class there are tons of ways to be effective.

That said running around solo is about the worst option i can think of.

DK SCRUB OUT
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    atm all one can do when below VR6ish is sit on siege all day and be bored out of their minds:(

unless one enjoys sieging all day of course.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh and heal
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a group and stick with them.
    Edited by badmojo on January 27, 2015 12:59AM
    [DC/NA]
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let anyone discourage you. Even at a lower level, a good player can be effective. You just need to find a decent group that can show you the ropes.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take heart. The NPC are also V5 on the non-vet campaign. You have much better chances as a V1 than a group of players under level 30 ;)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. After getting my tail kicked so hard and repeatedly last night I was about ready to give the game away. Now I know I just need to build my character up more.

The non-vet campaign still has v5 npc's, which seemed rather silly to me. This does make me wonder why they encourage you to go there after level 10. Just setting people up for pain and frustrations if you ask me. Just silly really.

I shall give Cyrodil a wide berth until I can survive there on my own.
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its always been part of the frustration when a lot of people came to the game when it went live wanting to just PvP as they had a ton of fun in Cyrodiils in Beta when most were sub-50. Typically people that are not big on PvE to begin with. Then they were only met with basically the equivalent of getting to 50 2 more times once they hit vet levels and some bolted.

Then they raised those vet levels by 20% (and I think the NPC levels at that time to VR5 but maybe it was later) and more bolted.

Then they raised the top VR level 2 more levels again even after knowing how unpopular it was while talking out the other side of their mouth about the upcoming champion system.

Again, not great to push PvPers into PvE content and they sure have not done well at evening it out to where you could level in PvP either.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meatbag catapults.

Use them.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on January 27, 2015 9:28AM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭
    Since the original question seemed to be about PVE Cyrodiil as well as PVP, I have to strongly disagree with avoiding Cyrodiil's PVE component until you're v5. I started working on the PVE achievements in Cyrodiil at lv 47, and stayed there until v3, which is how much xp (and vp at the time) I received for completing it. Playing against stronger npc enemies not only taught me all kinds of things I was doing wrong and made me a smarter player, it was also far more engaging than the mindless spamming you do when you fight equal-leveled trash mobs, which are far too easy and basically decorative.

Soloing the v5 trash mobs and even soloing some (not all) of the bosses in Cyrodiil is entirely possible with a v1-3 character. Some of the boss fights will take you 10 mins, but you become a smarter player because of it. Volcanic rune, for example, the Mages Guild skill line morph, got me through nearly every Cyrodiil boss solo.

Cyrodiil is beautiful and very fun for sub v5 solo PVE players that like immersive experiences. I highly recommend giving it a solid try (ignoring the PVP topic altogether).

Plus if you're not a PVPer, Cyrodiil is 'scary in a good way' because you have to sneak and look around all the time. Very immersive experience. I got my Cyrodiil explorer achievement at v3, and to this day I have never once defeated another player in one-to-one PVP, so I'm not a great player at all and you don't need to be a great player to take on Cyrodiil before you're v5.