Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet City of Ash

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is the only veteran dungeon I have yet to complete, and I want to get it done, as it is really bugging me that it is the only one I have yet to do:D

So how hard is this dungeon? Is it possible to do it with random peeps, or should I just get guildies to help me? Are stamina builds welcome in vet CoA runs? Or is the only way to do it the LA staff pulsar spam route? Any bosses I should be concerned about? Any bugs?
Edited by Cody on January 26, 2015 3:01AM
  • itsBishop
    itsBishop
    ✭✭✭
    You're overthinking it man. Just get a group together and go do it. Make sure your healer knows what he/she is doing and get a couple of competent dps and you'll be good to go. Stamina dps is just as potent as magicka dps these days.
    Edited by itsBishop on January 26, 2015 4:39AM
    Purple

World Record SO - 27m 38s
    NA First SO Speedrun Achievement
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ran that dung yesterday with people I know, and we were in TS. Wasn't that hard. With my stamina nb. So just get group together and go there, preferably guildies of course.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first 2 bosses are fake though, the first real boss is the 3rd one.... let's just say i hope you're quick on your feet :D
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ash Titan is the hardest boss in the dungeon bar none, it's entirely dependant on competent DPS and a good burst healer that can spam *** outta BoL. And when I mean spam ***. I mean SPAM IT MADDDAFFFFCUKKAAA :heart_eyes:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am quick on my feet, its one of the main parts of my build:D

aright, whenever I feel better I will try to get some peeps together to run it with me. I have heard rumors of groups constantly wiping on one of the bosses, that was my real concern in all honesty.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

aright, whenever I feel better I will try to get some peeps together to run it with me. I have heard rumors of groups constantly wiping on one of the bosses, that was my real concern in all honesty.
    Yep, the Ash Titan. First two times I did the dungeon we wiped on that boss, third time we blew through it with ease, you really just gotta run around while staying in range of your temp healz, hardest part of that boss is rezzing midfight if someone dies
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »

Yep, the Ash Titan. First two times I did the dungeon we wiped on that boss, third time we blew through it with ease, you really just gotta run around while staying in range of your temp healz, hardest part of that boss is rezzing midfight if someone dies

alright, cool.

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    The Ash Titan is the hardest boss in the dungeon bar none, it's entirely dependant on competent DPS and a good burst healer that can spam *** outta BoL. And when I mean spam ***. I mean SPAM IT MADDDAFFFFCUKKAAA :heart_eyes:
    Well you need good everyone for this fight. Imo tank is a priority though. Goes best if tank can hold boss and both ads while dps just burn boss down but your dps better be good - at that point it becomes a race between Titan shredding your tank to pieces and you reducing the Titan to a pile of harmless ash.

If people know what they're doing they don't need much heals on this fight, if they make mistakes though, healer better be able to spam that BoL lol. I would advise not pugging it, especially for your first run. Most of us had horrible experience pugging COA so it's not often you'll see good players joining pugs(not saying it doesn't happen at all though).

I also recommend not being a vamp for it;)