Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Liberation of 'buff severs' Farce or Real?

• Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    lol - the supposed EP zerg on Chillrend is usually described as 16 people from m4d + a couple of pugs vs 3 bars of DC.
    I am going to assume you mean the supposed EP zerg is mistaken for a 16 man group+ pugs on Chillrend.
    Neat. Seems legit.

Please screenshot a time when EP has more bars than DC and post it
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol - the supposed EP zerg on Chillrend is usually described as 16 people from m4d + a couple of pugs vs 3 bars of DC.
    I am going to assume you mean the supposed EP zerg is mistaken for a 16 man group+ pugs on Chillrend.
    Neat. Seems legit.

Um, I am just gonna be real right now. ive been on Chillrend in all three factions since it came out waaay back at 1.3

I spent over 2 months in the fall bringing 10 man AD teams into the campaign and farming blue pugs until they finally organized and started working together. Once we started taking things on the ring, holy hell would break loose and we would find our 10 man group driven off the campaign by no less than 30, and sometimes 50 blues just balling up and shoving onto the flags.

When I started playing EP there, I saw the exact same thing. There is no red zerg. There is M4D which barely fields one full raid at primetime, if they even can get that, and then GoS comes in a couple times a week with a 12-20 man raid later in the evening.

At no time has EP ever outnumbered DC, not even once, even at late night we are always outnumbered.

There is one exception to the above and that was the massive EP push to dethrone Kamikazii after her 50 odd day reign. That is to be expected that it took a metric F-ton of people because blue had nearly 100 defending that map. I should know, I was on blue that day.

So to sit here and say that blue is outnumbered on a campaign they have used as a buff server for about five months is absolute horsecrap. I dunno where you get your figures from, but another anecdote was when I ran with GoS today on Chill with eight people we kept getting zerged by a full raid up by Aleswell/Bleakers.

Later on Decibel and friends brought a massive yellow zerg and crowned WRX for a while. We barely got our home keeps back with the combined strength of 12 GoS and 20-30 M4D. Meanwhile blue was balling up on the west with easily double OUR numbers.

I just dont get it, how can you even allude to red having anything resembling numbers on Chillrend? Take one look at the leaderboards, pick an AP number, say 20k, and then add up how many blues are over that vs how many reds. Tell me what you find.
    Edited by Rylana on January 25, 2015 10:07AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    I got it, we can solve this whole "population imbalance" argument by having the determined players roll hard mode outnumbered DC. I personally want all of you to roll DC.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too me, it looks like a genuin effort to break up the buff servers. But since they are not "endless hordes", all they can accomplish, is to shake things up on a semi-regular basis. And thus that's what they do.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least EU-Haderus has lost its 'buff server' status. EU-Chillrend is not a safe buff server anymore either. I hope both AD and DC keep the focus on EU-Azura's Star too, since the craptastic tomatoes that play there don't deserve any buff server either.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on January 25, 2015 12:11PM
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    At least EU-Haderus has lost its 'buff server' status. EU-Chillrend is not a safe buff server anymore either. I hope both AD and DC keep the focus on EU-Azura's Star too, since the craptastic tomatoes that play there don't deserve any buff server either.

NA-Haderus has lost its buff server status as well. Actually, pretty much all the buff campaigns are now gone on NA.

• SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes all the camps are in flux now there is a ton of pvdoor. This happens oh I don't know about every two months?
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

NA-Haderus has lost its buff server status as well. Actually, pretty much all the buff campaigns are now gone on NA.

Haderus appears to be the Emperor trading campaign.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If by eliminating a buff server you mean swapping it to your factions buff server then ... Wait . This Slurpee just gave me brain freeze . Wat just happened ?!

Thank goodness for save draft forums .

Ok , the only way to remove buff servers is if ZOS removes pvp buffs . Any faction flipping them just gets the buffs next . So it's a farce .

/Thread
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    Rylana, no pvper wants to compete in a campaign that crowns 5 emps a day. These 'efforts' are annoying massive amounts of the people you depend on to be your enemies. It's nice that people want to do something about buff servers, but when those actions create something even more toxic to the community, you know you are the cause... right? I'm not saying you personally, but this 'movement' is doing more harm than good. Great timing too, right when people are disappointed about the game going b2p and contemplating leaving, let's cause "chaos" in the one part of this game that keeps a lot of players playing.

For me its not a new concept, you gotta understand. I normally play underdog on the buff campaigns with whatever toon I am on at the time. Play a lot more Chilrend as AD than anything.

It just so happened the same movement I have tried to get going behind the scenes for the last four months finally started picking up steam without any influence of mine. I just took the opportunity to join in the festivities, as you will.

We did get a lot of blue people on Chill to start PvPing regularly. As far as right now? Hard to say, but its nothing new with me personally.

I guess if your goal was to get some DC PvE'ers to attempt to save their buffs while driving away the regular pvp'ers in Chillrend, mission accomplished.

I have respect for your dedication to being the underdog in Chillrend, you're actually the only AD name I recognize in Chillrend. But, when the campaign goes from relative stability in the past months, to all of a sudden having half a dozen emps crowned in a matter of days, you gotta recognize that actual PVP is dying and groups are only concerned with getting their members the former emp title and buffs. Buff server? Not anymore, now it's a farm for former emp buffs. DC, EP & AD are all working together in Chillrend to pass around the title, it's disgraceful.
    [DC/NA]
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana, no pvper wants to compete in a campaign that crowns 5 emps a day. These 'efforts' are annoying massive amounts of the people you depend on to be your enemies. It's nice that people want to do something about buff servers, but when those actions create something even more toxic to the community, you know you are the cause... right? I'm not saying you personally, but this 'movement' is doing more harm than good. Great timing too, right when people are disappointed about the game going b2p and contemplating leaving, let's cause "chaos" in the one part of this game that keeps a lot of players playing.

For me its not a new concept, you gotta understand. I normally play underdog on the buff campaigns with whatever toon I am on at the time. Play a lot more Chilrend as AD than anything.

It just so happened the same movement I have tried to get going behind the scenes for the last four months finally started picking up steam without any influence of mine. I just took the opportunity to join in the festivities, as you will.

We did get a lot of blue people on Chill to start PvPing regularly. As far as right now? Hard to say, but its nothing new with me personally.

I guess if your goal was to get some DC PvE'ers to attempt to save their buffs while driving away the regular pvp'ers in Chillrend, mission accomplished.

I have respect for your dedication to being the underdog in Chillrend, you're actually the only AD name I recognize in Chillrend. But, when the campaign goes from relative stability in the past months, to all of a sudden having half a dozen emps crowned in a matter of days, you gotta recognize that actual PVP is dying and groups are only concerned with getting their members the former emp title and buffs. Buff server? Not anymore, now it's a farm for former emp buffs. DC, EP & AD are all working together in Chillrend to pass around the title, it's disgraceful.

Bahahahahahahahahah omg , give me a second, I can't even, you think they are working TOGETHER? Lmao oh you are delusional
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭

Bahahahahahahahahah omg , give me a second, I can't even, you think they are working TOGETHER? Lmao oh you are delusional

If you actually think ANY of the DC or any significant number if AD would ever willingly cooperate with GoS or actively allow us a new emperor, you've obviously not seen the dynamics at work. This is by far the least likely thing that could ever happen.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU Haderus is no longer a buff server indeed, but Chillrend EU is a bit of a pain though. I sometimes lead an EP raid there and take scrolls / farm angry smurf PvE milkdrinkers, but there are simply so many of them. Literally there have been blue zergs of, I am not over-exaggerating, 100 smurfs.

Even if we take keeps and scrolls during the evening and early night, there are always smurf raids throughout the night, even at 6AM in the morning taking everything back...

But buff servers must die, maybe we can't fully eliminate them until ZOS takes action, but the least we can do is try and make them active, lag-free PvP servers.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU Haderus is no longer a buff server indeed, but Chillrend EU is a bit of a pain though. I sometimes lead an EP raid there and take scrolls / farm angry smurf PvE milkdrinkers, but there are simply so many of them. Literally there have been blue zergs of, I am not over-exaggerating, 100 smurfs.

Even if we take keeps and scrolls during the evening and early night, there are always smurf raids throughout the night, even at 6AM in the morning taking everything back...

But buff servers must die, maybe we can't fully eliminate them until ZOS takes action, but the least we can do is try and make them active, lag-free PvP servers.
    The 15 minutes I spent on Chillrend last night left me gasping for air. The sheer amount of DC there was staggering.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD on EU server got low population bonus.
    It is easy to take haderus.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One war = One campaign

Give us the liberty of a separate pvp server so we can have an actual war and end this crap of calling each other night campers or day walkers, get rid of the complete waste of space called a buff campaign.

Cry Havoc' and Let slip the dogs of war, allow us the armies of hundreds promised on the box, in commercials, and on your own site. Let there be one great War where we all fight in against all enemies for the mighty crown of Tamriel.

It is in vain, ZOS , to extenuate the matter. Gentalman may cry, buff campaign , buff campaign --but there is no buff campaign. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the Red northeast will bring to your ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle in our buff campaign ? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is your Emperor so dear, or buff so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of five laggy campaigns and low population? Forbid it, Almighty Talos! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Edited by NadiusMaximus on January 26, 2015 10:24AM
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like we need a pep talk.

( play the song below to gain inspiration while reading)

Now, I want you to remember that no pvp'r ever won a war by dying for his faction. He won it by making the other poor dumb pvp'r die for his faction.

Men, all this stuff you've heard about pve'rs not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Pve'rs, traditionally, love to fight. All leveled Pve'rs love the sting of battle.

When you were noobs, you all admired the veteran dragonknight, the fastest nightblade, the big league sorcerer, the toughest templars. Pvp'rs love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Pvp'rs play to win all the time. Now, I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a player who lost and QQ'd in the forums about why the other faction is winning. That's why Ebonheart Pact have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to us.

Now, a faction is a team. It lives, Zergs, lags, and fights as a team. This buff campaign stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious *** who wrote that stuff about pve buffs from pvp for  ZOS don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.

Now, we have the finest graphics and combat system, the best spirit, and the best players in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor games we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to steal their player base. We're going to shut down their servers and use them as separate pvp servers for our tanks, dps, and healers. We're going to be the best B2p game and get their players by the bushel.

Now, some of you players, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll unsubscribe . Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The other factions are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the knee. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's toon, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our buff campaign . We're not holding a buff campaign . Let the other faction do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything -- except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like a sweetroll through an Orc!

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank Talos for it. Six months from now when you're sitting around your friends with your laptop on your knee, and they ask you, "What did you do in Cyrodil between 1.5 and 1.6?" -- you won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled *** in Hammerfell ."

Alright now you Pvp'rs, you know how I feel.

Oh, I will be proud

to play with you wonderful guys

in battle anytime,

anywhere.

That's all.

Edited by NadiusMaximus on January 26, 2015 12:39PM
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat. Seems legit.

Please screenshot a time when EP has more bars than DC and post it
    YKBHZkw.jpg
    midnight before OP (can pm you full screen if you want)

The last couple nights have also featured pvp guilds from EP and AD ,
    but maybe moondie and crystalized were the pugs you were all referring to? :trollface:
    So, that would be the excellent, mostly honorable, local regular Ep of chillrend, plus this zazeer guy's group, plus thorn zerg baddies, plus I know that abraxakickuraska EP NB dude came out with some friends to make people cry,
    and ...at least three AD guilds have taken their turn 'having fun'
    So just stop with that misguided 16 man stuff.

Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny side effect of all this buff server warfare is...
    The 'liberators' have made all these pvers that much better at pvp.

Therefore as time passes, they will be able to hold their home servers better and better, right?

I think maybe not only was this all a farce, but perhaps it might have backfired as well.

:cookie:
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Therefore as time passes, they will be able to hold their home servers better and better, right?

I think maybe not only was this all a farce, but perhaps it might have backfired as well.

Or as they get better they may decide to PvP more thus increasing the # of good PvPers and better for PvP as a whole... lets face it most ppl who don't PvP generally don't because they are not good at it. As they get better I'm sure they will find it much more enjoyable. Thus increasing the PvP demand for game updates and changes and such as the players shift from PvE to PvP.

And thats good for PvP

Just saying

DK SCRUB OUT
    Edited by Galalin on January 27, 2015 8:41AM
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

Or as they get better they may decide to PvP more thus increasing the # of good PvPers and better for PvP as a whole... lets face it most ppl who don't PvP generally don't because they are not good at it. As they get better I'm sure they will find it much more enjoyable. Thus increasing the PvP demand for game updates and changes and such as the players shift from PvE to PvP.

And thats good for PvP

Just saying

DK SCRUB OUT
    I agree with what you are saying.

Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is going according to plan
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭

M'iaq was about to post this exact thing earlier, but became otherwise occupied.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »

M'iaq was about to post this exact thing earlier, but became otherwise occupied.

The plan is coming to fruition
    Edited by mjspnrb18_ESO on January 27, 2015 2:51PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr_burns.gif
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »

The plan is coming to fruition
    Training pvers to pvp well enough to never be dislodged from their buff server was the plan?
    Please elaborate, as this doesn't seem to go along with what you guys have been saying prior to now.
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the actual post that starts this thread.

THAT WAS/IS THE PLAN!

1. Get more people into PvP
    2. Upset the balance of "buff servers"
    3. Motivate more people to come to Cyrodiil

Mission Accomplished.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Read the actual post that starts this thread.

THAT WAS/IS THE PLAN!

1. Get more people into PvP
    2. Upset the balance of "buff servers"
    3. Motivate more people to come to Cyrodiil

Mission Accomplished.
    I have read all the threads (and comments). Have you?
    I don't think every "liberator" shares your simple and positive goals.

...and all three of your "accomplishments" are/were temporary at best
    So congrats if that was your goal. Keep having fun out there! :smiley:

*goes back to pts patch notes*

Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana's Motive:

You can have a buff server if both of the following conditions are met
    1. You come fite me
    2. You beat me and take back what I took from you

Essentially, short version... you want buff server? You come PvP to get it.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't the goal of getting rid of buff servers, it's that the punishments being dealt out aren't accomplishing the goal.

It's like how the war on drugs just makes drug dealers rich.

The war on buff servers gets emp for the guilds involved.

Neither actually stop the problem.
    [DC/NA]