Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overview of new costumes/mounts/pets [PICS]

• Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anything been said about additional character slots, renaming, and/or altering avatar appearance? What about bag/bank space? I like shiny as much as the next guy but would love some QoL options.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • UrODelA
    UrODelA
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    You want to cut open a silt strider, hollow out a space in the shell, and "ride" it by grabbing/pulling/poking/twisting exposed nerves, organs and tissues? Ick. At least in Morrowind you never got a clear look at the "controls" in a silt strider.

hehe...you make it sound like carving out a helpless insectoid in a blunt way; wouldn't it be more like artful shaping a saddle pulpit for your chitin friend, would it ^^.
    ~ schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der ~
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrODelA wrote: »
    You want to cut open a silt strider, hollow out a space in the shell, and "ride" it by grabbing/pulling/poking/twisting exposed nerves, organs and tissues? Ick. At least in Morrowind you never got a clear look at the "controls" in a silt strider.

hehe...you make it sound like carving out a helpless insectoid in a blunt way; wouldn't it be more like artful shaping a saddle pulpit for your chitin friend, would it ^^.
    Have you seen a silt strider? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:DB-creature-Silt_Strider.jpg and http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:MW-creature-Silt_Strider.jpg Concept art: http://www.elderscrolls.com/morrowind/media/conceptart/siltstrider/ and a screenshot http://www.elderscrolls.com/morrowind/media/screenshots/screenshot-84/

The dunmer used them to haul cargo. This isn't wearing a saddle type of thing; there is a large space carved out in the shell for passengers and freight. They stand taller than city walls.
  • UrODelA
    UrODelA
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen a silt strider? ... This isn't wearing a saddle type of thing; there is a large space carved out in the shell for passengers and freight. They stand taller than city walls.

i have indeed ^^ used them countless times as a satisfied customer. In relation to the size of the other mounts we could spot so far, i suggested a hatchling...therefore i tried to paint a picture of a kind of chitin pulpit...should i be so lucky to get a full sized silt strider somwhere in the lifetime of ESO ; it would be a carved out space for sure...how else could i move my barrels of mead ^^ ...
    ~ schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der ~
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on how many Crown Points I have come June 9th. And if I can transfer my Crown Points to my Console. Ill probably get as much of whats seen in the OP. Basically liquidate my Crown Points.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • grimjim398
    grimjim398
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? You guys think this stuff is exciting? Now I'm sad I stayed in this game this long. All this preaching about lore and you want people out fighting in a wedding dress and riding a panther? This is like a trip to Disneyland. I wouldn't spit on any of it.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimjim398 wrote: »
    Seriously? You guys think this stuff is exciting? Now I'm sad I stayed in this game this long. All this preaching about lore and you want people out fighting in a wedding dress and riding a panther? This is like a trip to Disneyland. I wouldn't spit on any of it.

1. Panther is a Pet not a Mount.
    2. Relax, I'm sure you won't be able to PvP in a Weeding or Jester Costume lol.
  • LADYKiLLER
    LADYKiLLER
    ✭✭✭
    grimjim398 wrote: »

Panther isn't a mount.

And really, the dress isn't so bad either. You don't know what IC reasons they may have for bloodraging in their wedding gown.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The panther is a pet, and we already know that lore-wise there's senche-raht mounts used by khajiit.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A panther? How many dark elf Drizzts will we see running around with dual wield swords?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an shame all of these neat items are going right into the cash shop instead of the game. The whole point of paying a subscription was to prevent this from happening. Sigh..... The slippery slope has started.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone in test compared the mounts? I am kind of wondering if any of the horses are bigger than the others. Wouldn't mind some day making a nord and having him ride a huge horse the size of a Clydesdale.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mounts scale to your character size anyway. Tiny Bosmer = pony sized horse. Larger characters have proportionally larger mounts.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riding Senches are in the lore, I don't see what's wrong about em?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Mounts scale to your character size anyway. Tiny Bosmer = pony sized horse. Larger characters have proportionally larger mounts.

Guess that works if I want a big character riding a big horse but thats kind of boring for variety.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I really hope they add some skin of a Senche mount in the Crown Store soon. It just makes sense, so many players would blow whatever number of Crowns to get that, myself included.

I don't want to have to wait until June or later to only be able to get one for having subscribed for 12 months at that point, since I got the game June 9th (subscription started saying the 10th, though...I've never unsubscribed). /sigh
    Edited by Aerius_Sygale on February 5, 2015 7:50PM
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • NafyusPSN
    NafyusPSN
    Do you think there's any chance the Skeleton Polymorph will show up in the Crown Store?
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    NafyusPSN wrote: »
    Do you think there's any chance the Skeleton Polymorph will show up in the Crown Store?

Appreciate you not starting a separate thread for this. Is not likely as when you receive thpolymorph in game it is automatically added to your collections tab. There is also the Draugr polymorph in the crown store.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • NafyusPSN
    NafyusPSN
    Skeleton costume maybe or a version of it? I think its a bit of a shame really. I think it would be cool to see an undead themed guild or something. It would look amazing in PVP.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skeleton costume maybe or a version of it? I think its a bit of a shame really. I think it would be cool to see an undead themed guild or something. It would look amazing in PVP.

@NafyusPSN There is already a Skeleton costume.
  • NafyusPSN
    NafyusPSN
    Faunter wrote: »

I mean one you can buy from the crown store.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just do the quests and u will earn it, so no, probably not a plain skeleton like is in game now and earn-able :)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • NafyusPSN
    NafyusPSN
    nimander99 wrote: »

Just do the quests and u will earn it, so no, probably not a plain skeleton like is in game now and earn-able :)

One of the reason I ask is because I've started in the Aldermi, so I don't get to do the quest till I'm VR4 I think. Its a long way off. Still, hard work never killed anyone.