Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bows should do Siege Damage

sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
Bows already hit players harder than siege weapons do, might as well let them do Siege damage as well.

Think about it, you would no longer have to waste bags space, and sieging keeps would be a whole lot faster.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get decent armor. Running around in light armor with no crit protection is no way to go through life, son.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Get decent armor. Running around in light armor with no crit protection is no way to go through life, son.

Light Armor with 5 impen holding block they still hot for 500 with a heal debuff.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭

Is that an app on your phone that let's you know when someone posts something about bows on the forums.
    Famemonster NB - Famemonsterx DK - Famemonster X DK - Mindblasterx Templar - Emi Takai Sorcerer
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True. Bow damage is not over the top at all....

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • slowassferrariub17_ESO
    Columba is so good he doesn't need to use offensive skills, guy just dodge rolls everyone to death it's crazy.
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been saying it for a while that bows are still under powered. They should hit for 57,000, add a healing debuff, have a range of 6miles, not bring a player out of stealth, be an instant cast, restore stamina to full, and award 10k ap if you manage to get a kill. Then and maybe then only will bows finally be balanced. Why does ZOS hate bow users?!
    Edited by saintmurray on January 18, 2015 12:57AM
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DK's should do siege damage too just by ramming their heads against doors
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess, you guys are sorcs, I can tell by the whine in your typing from clear down in Texas.

Plus, only a sorc would have the audacity to QQ about bows when they have CF, EF and Streak.

• Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    DK's should do siege damage too just by ramming their heads against doors

Hahahaha ha...... And clip their wings off... B-)

He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Light Armor with 5 impen holding block they still hot for 500 with a heal debuff.

Oh noes... evil bow users deal 460DPS on your light armour character? The nerve on them!
    They shouldn't deal more than 3% of your health, because block=magma armour. NERF!

Disclaimer: I'm being sarcastic btw
    Edited by DDuke on January 18, 2015 1:28AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much everything does more damage than siege. What do you got against bows?
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Oh noes... evil bow users deal 460DPS on your light armour character? The nerve on them!
    They shouldn't deal more than 3% of your health, because block=magma armour. NERF!

I'm being sarcastic btw

What's crazy is I've used your build previously on a NB and you of all people should know how strong bow is currently.

Let's take talk away from bow being a NB only weapon because honestly every class uses it and bow is used the most bow for a reason. Heavy attacks hit for insane damage along with venom arrow. Bow does what multiple class skills do all in one with an insane range.

Hopefully 1.6 takes care of these issues.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm being sarcastic btw

What's crazy is I've used your build previously on a NB and you of all people should know how strong bow is currently.

Let's take talk away from bow being a NB only weapon because honestly every class uses it and bow is used the most bow for a reason. Heavy attacks hit for insane damage along with venom arrow. Bow does what multiple class skills do all in one with an insane range.

Bow (note: not snipe spam) is strong, but so are many other things in the game.

DKs tanking/killing 20 people, infinite resource builds that you cant kill without a similar build (fights take 15-30mins, it's basicly who gets bored first at that point), block casting/permablock...

I don't agree with being able to "one shot" people as it doesn't really take much skill, but currently it is the only way of killing someone without playing the "resource game".

Give me counters to heal/dmg shield spam, a way to get past permablock and/or CC that does what it's supposed to do (crowd control, not drain stamina), and I'm happy to see TTK increased.

To put it more elaborately: players should die (and not in 1-3 seconds) when they run out of health, not when they run out of stamina and/or magicka.
    Edited by DDuke on January 18, 2015 1:49AM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm being sarcastic btw

DKs tanking/killing 20 people, infinite resource builds that you cant kill without a similar build (fights take 15-30mins, it's basicly who gets bored first at that point), block casting/permablock...

I don't agree with being able to "one shot" people as it doesn't really take much skill, but currently it is the only way of killing someone without playing the "resource game".

Give me counters to heal/dmg shield spam, a way to get past permablock and/or CC that does what it's supposed to do (crowd control, not drain stamina), and I'm happy to see TTK increased.

To put it more elaborately: players should die (and not in 1-3 seconds) when they run out of health, not when they run out of stamina and/or magicka.

1.6 removes a lot of those features and keeps shield stacking to a minimum. Hopefully bow is adjusted as well. Snipe is a bad stereotype and should be rephrased for what it really is... Bows.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba is so good he doesn't need to use offensive skills, guy just dodge rolls everyone to death it's crazy.

hahah roll dodge is op
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally the healing debuff effect should be removed from the game or substantially reduced (15-20% tops), and healing should be reduced accordingly. This would ensure healers are reasonably possible to kill without a bow while bringing bows to a reasonable level of power compared to other skills.

Secondly, the projectile arc (or projectile travel time) needs to be significantly reduced. The ability to cast several snipes before the first lands is ridiculous. I continue getting hit by snipes even after 2 seconds behind a wall.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Ideally the healing debuff effect should be removed from the game or substantially reduced (15-20% tops), and healing should be reduced accordingly. This would ensure healers are reasonably possible to kill without a bow while bringing bows to a reasonable level of power compared to other skills.

Secondly, the projectile arc (or projectile travel time) needs to be significantly reduced. The ability to cast several snipes before the first lands is ridiculous. I continue getting hit by snipes even after 2 seconds behind a wall.

But DKs man the pesky DKs .... It's all their fault. Bows are fantabulous and need no fixing ....

Am I doing it right?
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKs should be able to reflect siege weapon attacks.

I demand this change be made immediately. DKs are extremely underpowered right now, and this change would surely bring them up to par with the other 3 classes.

/end sarcasm
    Edited by Cody on January 18, 2015 6:24AM
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    I'm surprised I didn't see the clip from Monty Python there they are hacking at the castle walls in this thread.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm glad at least one class can counter these annoying archers :P
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    i'm glad at least one class can counter these annoying archers :P

Fat_kid_slaps_mom-Copy.gif
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    I mean seriously. You all know they hit as harder than a trebuchet
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm being sarcastic btw

What's wrong with playing the resource game? The idea of the resource game is that people can defend themselves if they have resources... Should they not be able to defend themselves?
    Let me guess, you guys are sorcs, I can tell by the whine in your typing from clear down in Texas.

Plus, only a sorc would have the audacity to QQ about bows when they have CF, EF and Streak.

Did you really just compare snipe and crystal fragments?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am in favor of being able to knock down walls with my bow. ZOS make it happen.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By this logic all character damage should be nerfed under siege damage . Sure , make it happen . Let the painfully long slap fights begin . Or ... Raise siege damage on players .
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm being sarcastic btw

What's wrong with playing the resource game? The idea of the resource game is that people can defend themselves if they have resources... Should they not be able to defend themselves?

I could go into personal reasons why I dislike that playstyle, but I'm afraid people would just get offended & ignore everything else I have to say, so I'll skip that part.

I'm not saying people who like to play that way shouldn't be able to do so, but it should not be the only way to play competitively, and being able to play super defensively should come at the cost of offense (which it currently doesn't).

If people want a pure resource fight (who runs out of stamina/magicka first, instead of who runs out of health first), then they should fight people with a similar defensive playstyle. In other fights against players with different playstyle, there should be more factors than your magicka/stamina bar.
    That's how you create diverse & interesting PvP.

You can easily have heals/dmg shields on one bar (or both), and still deal just as much damage as the person who is trying to get past the block/shield+heal spam.

Couple this with the fact that defensive abilities are more cost effective than offensive ones (you get 1k+ shield or heal for less cost than it takes to deal equal amount of damage), and the fact that they prevent crits altogether (A bug? An intended feature? No one knows), are spammable and have no cast time or any kind of counter, and you'll see the issue.

Or maybe you don't, and you'll just tell me to slot a damage shield/heal and play in exact same way as over 90% of the population (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144002/do-you-have-a-heal-or-a-dmg-shield-slotted-on-your-hotbar/p1).

Crystal Fragments actually has better base damage (meaning higher out of stealth damage) than Snipe, and its cast time is being reduced in 1.6.

Just saying :neutral_face:
    Edited by DDuke on January 19, 2015 12:17AM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that an app on your phone that let's you know when someone posts something about bows on the forums.

On top of that, Columba runs a script for when impulse is discussed in a thread, how else do you think he manages to make comments about impulse spamming chimps in every thread.

He couldn't be that obsessed with impulse... could he? :trollface:

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    obsessed with aoe lagspamming exploiters.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Crystal Fragments actually has better base damage (meaning higher out of stealth damage) than Snipe, and its cast time is being reduced in 1.6.

That base damage comparison between magicka based class and stamina based weapon ability makes no sense...

For the cast time, fragments have much smaller range, anyone with poison arrow or crushing shock will interrupt hard casting, plus it's mana waste.
    I
    nstead of a knockdown that mostly won't knock down the enemy cauz cc immunity / blocking and even if it does he just breaks instantly, lethal arrow got a heal debuff.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm being sarcastic btw

I could go into personal reasons why I dislike that playstyle, but I'm afraid people would just get offended & ignore everything else I have to say, so I'll skip that part.

I'm not saying people who like to play that way shouldn't be able to do so, but it should not be the only way to play competitively, and being able to play super defensively should come at the cost of offense (which it currently doesn't).

If people want a pure resource fight (who runs out of stamina/magicka first, instead of who runs out of health first), then they should fight people with a similar defensive playstyle. In other fights against players with different playstyle, there should be more factors than your magicka/stamina bar.
    That's how you create diverse & interesting PvP.

You can easily have heals/dmg shields on one bar (or both), and still deal just as much damage as the person who is trying to get past the block/shield+heal spam.

Couple this with the fact that defensive abilities are more cost effective than offensive ones (you get 1k+ shield or heal for less cost than it takes to deal equal amount of damage), and the fact that they prevent crits altogether (A bug? An intended feature? No one knows), are spammable and have no cast time or any kind of counter, and you'll see the issue.

Or maybe you don't, and you'll just tell me to slot a damage shield/heal and play in exact same way as over 90% of the population (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144002/do-you-have-a-heal-or-a-dmg-shield-slotted-on-your-hotbar/p1).

Well you cam gank to avoid the recourse game but I digress on that issue....

But crystal fragments is extremely easy to see and you cant cast it from stealth. When it actually hits your right its great but it rarely does if you cast it.
    Edited by thelordoffelines on January 21, 2015 5:21AM