Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fan Fiction: Hireling Mail

roguexxxmenb14_ESO
Letter From Montaro - Hireling Mail by Roguexxx - Episodes 3 & 4

Hey ESO; roguexxx here! I'm writing because I wish to share something I started as a joke on ESO. While in game; I've been helping one of my guild members find Columbine; for which he really needed. Since then; I've because his unofficial hireling; for which he gives me in game gold for his mats. One day; I decided to write a Hireling Letter like those we see in game. I spend some time crafting this letter so it sounds like a actual Khajiit hireling. It was so much fun; and he really like the letter; that I wrote a second one.

Since I am spending so much time crafting these letters; I thought I should like to keep a record of each letter, and share them with everyone. Unlike the in game hirelings; my letters don't come every day, and are a bit longer; I will be posting them as soon as I create one. To catch everyone up; this Khajiit named Montaro was hired to collect rare flowers for potions. During his trails and tribulations; he has had to endure the 'Cold and Wet' of Skyrim's Eastmarch area. As most Khajiit don't like being wet; Montaro found his time in Eastmarch to most disagreeable to him. When it wasn't raining; it was snowing, or he'd have to swim in icy cold water. Either way; Montaro didn't like his time there; as was very happy to arrive in The Rift, as it was much drier there. However; Montaro ran in the Skyrim's Sabra Cats. Thinking of home in Elsweyr; he tried to tame one of these cats to use as a guard and carry mount. However; the Sabra cat had it's own ideas of eating Montaro instead. He had to kill many of Sabra cat before giving up. Now on to his latest mail; and his next adventure as he starts off on his trip to Daggerfalls. Hope you all enjoy the read; and come back for more as they get posted.

"From Montaro

Supple Order

Greeting dear patron. Montaro here again with your next order of supples. Montaro is happy to report that this one is finally leaving those dreadful Sabra Cat behind Montaro; as this one it on a caravan ride to Daggerfalls. It is a very long ride; and this on just had time to stop to mail your order. As this one was on Montaro's way; this one had a most disagreeable time with a nasty lizard-man who calls himself Hidez-Hiz-Ore. Montaro was trying to get this last Columbine; when he ran out of nowhere saying it was his. Montaro almost missed the mail runner. This one had to pay the lizard to let Montaro take the flower; then pay the horseman to take your order. Hope the rest of Montaro's trip is better."

Since this was posted on my guild web page; I did a copy/paste of the original post. Just this morning; I posted a second letter from Montaro on his trip to Daggerfall. Here's that letter as well.

"From Montaro

Greetings from Stros M'Kia

Bright Moons to you; good patron. Montaro with a shippment for you. This one is amazed how a bit of bad luck can product so much good luck. The caravan Montaro was on lead this one to Rihad in Hammerfell; from there Montaro took a ship to Daggerfall, but the ship was run aground by some pirated in Stros M'Kai. Once there; Montaro met a sea captain needing help. Since Montaro lost everything in the wreak; and is still needs to pick up your money from Daggerfall; this was a great opportunity. While helping this captain out; Montaro came across lots of supples for you. Everywhere Montaro looked; there was another flower to pick."

With the warm sands under Montaro's paws; and the sun high in the air, Montaro feels truly blessed by Jone and Jobe this day. Hoping these suppples find you equally as well. May Bright Moons light your way; and warm sands lighten your steps.

Montaro had a good little run in Stros K'ia while doing some quests. I found lots of mats; so I send a new supple out. Because of the length of this one; I had to send it in two parts, but found got to post which one was which. Hope you found it entertaining.

Thanks for joining Montaro and me on this journey. I'm having a lot of fun writing these letters; and coming up with fun stuff for Montaro to talk about. Hope you enjoy these as much as I do; and come back for more. See you all soon. Paul
Edited by roguexxxmenb14_ESO on January 21, 2015 9:58PM
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Hello everyone; Paul once more with more "Letters from Montaro". My little segment where I post my hireling letter for all to read. Montaro has still not reached Daggerfall; and the Bloodthorne Cultist have make this difficult for our Khajiit. Hope you enjoy the read; and join us again for our next installment.

From Montaro

Supple Order

Bright Moons to you; dear patron. It is Montaro again. This one must apologize for the lateness of your shipment; as Montaro has had to deal with nasty cultist. The have completely overrun the Orc Island; and make for hunting down components difficult at best. Montaro had to kill one of these cultist in order to steal his robes to disguise this one. All was going great until this one forgot to remove the disguise before trying to enter the Orc Village. Let Montaro just say; this one barely made it out with Montaro's fur intact! Because of the cultist threat; this one's ship has been delayed until the cultist are dealt with, which Montaro hopes is soon! M
    Edited by roguexxxmenb14_ESO on January 21, 2015 9:56PM
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Hello ESO! Paul once again with more 'Letters From Montaro' for your reading pleasure. I truly hope everyone who reads these is enjoying the read; as I put so much of myself into making them. Still hoping to find a good hook for are trusted hireling to get himself into. For now; here's his next offering! Enjoy; and please leave comments!

From Montaro;

Supply Order

Montaro here again; good patron. Daggerfall is such a big city. Bigger then Montaro thought it would be! A wondrous city filled with people and shops and things to do. It is unlike the city's of my home in Reaper's March. This one is truly grateful for the opportunity to travel Tramreil in search of materials for you. As a young cub; this one never thought he's leave his home of Elsweyr, can get to see such wonderful sights. Thank you for hireling; and giving this one the change to travel and learn. Montaro will remember these days fondly; even the cold and wet of Skyrim. But not the nasty Sabra Cats; or the Bloodthrone Cultist! M
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Paul once again with more 'Letters From Montaro". This time; Montaro has a bit of a run-in with another on of the Sanguine Sanguinary's guild guest star. See for yourself in my latest installment. Please remember to check back frequently; as I never know when I'm going to be sending mail. Thanks again for visiting; and do be afraid to leave comments.

From Montaro

Supple Order

Montaro ask you; good patron, what is it with these nasty lizard-men? For every time this one runs into one; they try to hurt Montaro. Once again; I was just minding Montaro's own business of going around looking for your reagents, when this lizard-man comes running up and tries to set this one on fire. Some one later told me; his name is Plays-With-Fireballs, and I know why too. That was all he was doing too; shooting fireballs at your good and kind hireling! He even singed the fur off Montaro's tail! Montaro is find; and so are your reagents. Maybe you can make this one a potions to repel lizard-man.
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Hey ESO; Paul here. It's time once again for Letters From Montaro. Still in Genumbra; Montaro has been a bit busy this time around; but best let him tell you.

From Montaro

Supple Order

Bright Moons; dear patron. Montaro here with your latest order of supplies! Sorry for the lateness of this order; but this one has had his claws up in undeads & werewolves. If the undead at Eagle's Brook don't get you; the Werewolves of Camlorn will. Not to mention the Cultist and the Red Rook Bandits. When Montaro set out as your hireling; this one though of nothing but all the wonderful sights he's see, and all of the foods he can eat. Montaro never once thought about all of the horrible dangers out there; like Sabra Cat, Giants and Undead things. This one is starting to home sick for the warm sands of Elswyr. This one hopes Rivenspire turns out better. Make good use of these supplies; dear patron, Montaro will send more once he's settle in Rivenspire!

As I ran out of room at send; I didn't feel like sending my guild mate another mail for a few words, so he can just read them here. hehe! So it's off to Rivenspire! Let's see what trouble Montaro can get himself into next! Join me again; dear readers, for more of 'Letters From Montaro!'
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Letter From Montaro - Hireling Mail by Roguexxx Part 10

Hi everyone; Paul here (aka roguexxx) with another installment of 'Letters From Montaro'. Sorry for the lateness; but between PTS and Guild events, I've had other this to worry about. So logging in to play ESO or even write Montaro's next letter had to take a back seat for a bit. Once I have things under control; and I'm able to play ESO more (as in getting more suppies), so I can bring you more of Montaro's exploits. See you all very soon!

From Motaro

Supply Order

Warms sands dear patron. Montaro here in Stromhaven. My trip to Rivenspire takes me through this place; so Montaro thought to roam this wondrous place. So full of grass, trees and flowers of course This one ran into some Redguard; who much like the Nord of Skyrim, only wish to battle before talking to you. This one had to use all of his skills and talents to survive match. Luckily for you; this one came out okay. Here are your supplies. May you use the well. M
    Edited by roguexxxmenb14_ESO on February 14, 2015 12:43AM
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Greetings dear readers; Paul here again with another installment of 'Letters From Montaro'! I'm very excited this week as I just came up with a great idea; and can't wait to share it with you. So let's just right into with everyone's favorite hireling; Montaro!

From Montaro:

Supply Order;

Warm Sands to you dear patron! Montaro has met the most beautiful female Khajiit named Jaz'abel. Jaz is a wondrous female with long flowing mane and while fur like Montaro. She has the fiercest red eyes; and loves to dig her claws into Montaro's belly. It's makes this one pur! This one met her in the Cloudy Dregs Inn in the capital city of Wayrest; and we hit it off right away. I asked her to dinner on our second meeting; and she said yes! This one so happy she did; and had a great time. I believe she did too; ever though she didn't eat much. How she can maintain her strong figures and eat like a tiny bird confusion Montaro, but oh well. Montaro has been spending a lot of time with her; which is why this one's shipments have been a little late. This one is taking her out again tonight; so Montaro is sending off your shipment now before this one forgets again. Wish this one luck! M
    Edited by roguexxxmenb14_ESO on February 24, 2015 3:22PM
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Hello ESO Community; roguexxx here with another "Letters from Montaro" for your reading pleasure! Hope you all enjoy!

From Montaro:

Supply Order;

Oh what a happy day; dear patron! Jone and Jobe is smiling down about this one last night! Jaz and Montaro drank and danced all night. We were so tried afterwards; that we fell asleep in each others arms. Jaz says she's an excellent hunting; so we are going out so Jaz and show this one her skills. Montaro and Jaz have so much in common; dear patron, I truly think she may be the one! If all good well on our trip; I may bring her home to this one's mother. Montaro hope's mother likes her too; as this one is thinking of asking Jaz to marry him! Wish this one luck! M
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Thirteen: Blood sport!

And once again; we come to another installment of 'Letters From Montaro'! I know many of you are started to wonder about Montaro's new love; well, the plot thickens; as they say! Read on and see for yourselves! Enjoy!

From Montaro:

Supply Order

Montaro is most complexed dear patron. The hunting trip did not go as Montaro thought is would. Jaz was not very clear as to what or where we'd be hunting; so it took this one by surprise when we ended up in Rivenspire. Montaro thought we would be hunting wild game locally. Instead; this one finds himself near a farm once owned by the Hinault family hunting Bloodfieds, of all things. We stopped as a camp set up by the Shornhelm guards. After a brief exchange with the Captain; Jaz set out on her tasks of killing these nasty, little beasties. Montaro can describe the fury in which Jaz hunted and killed the fiends. She had a fire and savagery Montaro has never seen before. This one is a bit confused; and also a bit turned on! Montaro has never in his days seen a female with such strength and power before. Her skills are second only to this one! What a wondrous couple we will make! As soon as this trip is over; Montaro will seek passage to Elsweyr. This one will tell Jaz in the morning; as she insists on sleeping in separate tents. May Bright Moons guard your path; dear patron. Until next time. M
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Fourteen: Ravenwatch Castle

Well; good readers, I'm sure many of you were expecting this, but don't judge too fast... there's more here then meets the eye! hehe

Be warned; this is a long one! You will have to forgive me on this one; as I sent the third mail to my guild mate before making sure it copied for me. So I had to write it from memory; but I don't always remember exactly what I wrote after the fact, so it may be different from the original. Sorry

Supply Order;

After a long day of hunting Blood Fiends; this one must say how tried he was, good patron. Killing swarms of these monsters is hard work. Montaro and see how Jaz has gotten her strength from; but how she maintains it by eating so little still has this one confused. Near nightfall; Jaz brings us to a place called Ravenwatch Castle. Count Verandis is head of the Ravenwatch family. It is said the Count is a good friend of the High King; so Montaro was quite surprised to learn the Count of a Vampire! The Count insures Montaro that this one will be safe there, and not all Vampires are bad. Jaz also informs me that we will be staying the night; as she has some busy with the Count.

Dinner is most unsettling; as this one is the only one eating. Montaro feels like the eyes in the room are watching him. Maybe they plan to fatten this one up for later; who know, but Montaro will be on his guard all night! After Jaz talks to the Count; she goes off with Lady Melina Cassel, who is a crafter's hireling like this one is to you. Lady Gwendis goes with them; but a beautiful Khajiit Vampire named Adusa-daro shows this one to his room. Montaro moved the large dresser in front of the door; and secures the windows. This one lays in bed with his daggers drawn; no fiend will be having Montaro for breakfast. As this one lays in wait; I here a strange noise coming from close by. I leave my room to investigate. In the next room down; this one hears what can only be described as ravenous eating; and what sounds like Jaz's voice. Thinking she is in trouble; this one bursts into the room, only see a most alarming sight!

To Be Continued...

• roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Fourteen: Ravenwatch Castle

Well; good readers, I'm sure many of you were expecting this, but don't judge too fast... there's more here then meets the eye! hehe

Be warned; this is a long one! You will have to forgive me on this one; as I sent the third mail to my guild mate before making sure it copied for me. So I had to write it from memory; but I don't always remember exactly what I wrote after the fact, so it may be different from the original. Sorry

Supply Order;

After a long day of hunting Blood Fiends; this one must say how tried he was, good patron. Killing swarms of these monsters is hard work. Montaro and see how Jaz has gotten her strength from; but how she maintains it by eating so little still has this one confused. Near nightfall; Jaz brings us to a place called Ravenwatch Castle. Count Verandis is head of the Ravenwatch family. It is said the Count is a good friend of the High King; so Montaro was quite surprised to learn the Count of a Vampire! The Count insures Montaro that this one will be safe there, and not all Vampires are bad. Jaz also informs me that we will be staying the night; as she has some busy with the Count.

Dinner is most unsettling; as this one is the only one eating. Montaro feels like the eyes in the room are watching him. Maybe they plan to fatten this one up for later; who know, but Montaro will be on his guard all night! After Jaz talks to the Count; she goes off with Lady Melina Cassel, who is a crafter's hireling like this one is to you. Lady Gwendis goes with them; but a beautiful Khajiit Vampire named Adusa-daro shows this one to his room. Montaro moved the large dresser in front of the door; and secures the windows. This one lays in bed with his daggers drawn; no fiend will be having Montaro for breakfast. As this one lays in wait; I here a strange noise coming from close by. I leave my room to investigate. In the next room down; this one hears what can only be described as ravenous eating; and what sounds like Jaz's voice. Thinking she is in trouble; this one bursts into the room, only see a most alarming sight!

To Be Continued...

• roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Fifteen: What Truths We Hold Dear...

So Jaz has a secret; and Montaro has stumbled upon it! What can it be? Read on; dear readers, read on!

From Montaro:

Supply Order;

What happened next; dear patron, was a shock to poor Montaro. This one could not believe the carnage before his eyes. Jaz was on the floor; devouring a whole chicken. She was covered in; what I believe was Barbecue sauce, and a side of pork ribs near by. On the floor all around her was to carcasses of chickens, cows and other game; which must have been roasted to perfection! She looked up from her food; let out a load belch , not quite the lady-like demeanor she lead me to believe she was. Montaro does not know what to think! For a woman of her strength and fitness; it was nice to know she has a health appetite; but to be eating like some animal upon the floor of her room was another thing altogether!

• roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Sixteen: Love & Death

Here we are once again; dear readers! Montaro has just learned an awful truth; but there's more here then means the eye. Brace yourselves for another installment of "Letters From Montaro!"

From Montaro:

Supply Order;

Let me tell you; dear patron, Montaro did not know what to think at this point. Jaz started to cry; as she wiped the barbecue sauce from her fur. "I'm sorry this one didn't say something before; but Jaz was after to scare you off!" She says finally; 'It's a long story; and Jaz will tell you everything if Montaro promises to stay and listen with an open heart!" This one was unsure; but Montaro promised her he would stay. "I loved you from the first time we meant; but some secrets are hard to accept..." She didn't get much farther as we heard shouts from around the castle. Forces from Montclair's faction began an assault on Castle Ravenwatch! Assassins! They came to kill the Vampires!

Jaz is unwilling to let her friends fight this threat alone; and Montaro wants to know Jaz's secrets, so we go fight off these invaders. But fear not; I'm sending a letter to my cub brother so if anything happens to Montaro, he will continue to get your supplies for you. Montaro never leaves a job undone! Wish this one well; dear patron, for this one will need it! M
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Seventeen: Unfortunate Turn of Events

Sorry for the delay folks; it's been tough trying to find enough mats to send, and I hate just sending one or two things. Some days; all I can find is Corn Flower and Lady's Smock. Meant to have this up before guild event night; but was just so busy, I almost miss out on the event itself. Hope you are ready for this; but you may not like it! Hehe!

From Montaro's cub brother; Re'Konda:

Suppy Order;

Dear Sir or Madam; this is Re'Konda here. This one is Montaro's cub brother. As per Montaro's request; this one has gathered up supplies for you. It feels funny running around picking flowers; but this one needs the money. Re'Konda is sure you are worried about this one's cub brother; so let this one put your mind at ease, Montaro is still alive. He was badly injured at the battle of Castle Ravenwatch. A very strange Khajiit female and a Vampire Lord came to this one's home with Montaro's limp body. This one thought his cub brother dead; but reassures he was not. It will take some time for him to heal; and the medicine woman costs much. The female Jaz never leaves Montaro's side; so this one can go out and find the supplies promised. Will continue to keep you apprised of Montaro's condition. Thank you for your continued patronage! Re'Konda
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Eighteen: The Battle of Castle Ravenwatch

The end of our story is coming to a close soon. Only two more episodes after this one; so I'll be ending it on E20. Thanks again for everyone whose shown support for my work; it really means a lot that you guys like it so me! Paul

From Montaro:

Supply Order;

Greetings dear patron; it is Monator writing you! Montaro is happy to say he is on the mend; but it will still take some weeks for this one is up and about. Montaro's brother is still collecting your supplies; although he does not do as good a job as Montaro does, yes? So what has happened since our last correspondence; let me tell you. The battle of Ravenwatch was intense; but these assassins were no match for the power of these vampires; or the ferocity of Jaz. She was like wild Senche unleashed. Montaro too is very hard to best; and was doing well until this assassin tried to attack Jaz from behind. This one jumped on him; which is why I was injured. We fall over the world together.

But have no fear; the assassin broke this one's fall! The medicine woman says Montaro was lucky to have something soft to land on; and that just might have saved this one's life! Montaro was very happy to see Jaz when I awake for the first time; but when I tried to ask about that night, she only told me to rest and get back my strength. There would be time for explanations later. However; when I woke this morning; Jaz was gone. Re'Konda says she left every early; and took her things with her. Jaz did not tell anyone when she would return; only that she had something to take care of. She left a note for me to read; but this one is afraid to read it until now.
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Episode Nineteen: The Letter

I know many of you are thinking "What's Jaz up to?'. Well; it's time for some answers; but maybe not the ones you want to hear!

I can not tell you the feeling of dread that comes over Montaro at the thought of reading Jaz's letter; but Montaro must know. The letter reads:

My Dearest Montaro;

The time we spend together has been the happiest this one has felt in a long time. Jaz'abel would like nothing more then you marry you; but you must know a few things about this one first. This one's Mother was infected by a werewolf while Jaz'abel was still in her womb. After many months; Father caught her, and had her cleansed. But the priests were unsure how this might affect me. This one grew up with a ravenous appetite. Many look upon Jaz'abel like some horrid creature; afraid to go near her. This one was afraid you might see her as some kind of monster. Jaz'abel was so afraid of losing you; she kept her secret from you. This one is sorry for not telling you as soon as this one's heart was made up; and hopes you can forgive Jaz'abel.

I am sorry I could not stay; but Count Ravenwatch is in very big trouble. He was been taken to Coldharbour by the Prince of Schemes himself. Jaz'abel and Melinda have gone to join the Fighter's Guild as they make their attack on Coldharbour. We will be looking for a way to free our free. If Jaz'abel makes it back; she will give you an answer. Much love; Jaz
  • roguexxxmenb14_ESO
    Chapter Twenty: Finale

And so; my faithful readers, we come to the end of this story! It's been so much fun writing and sharing this with all of you. I'm so grateful to everyone who have been reading and following my story; it really means a lot that everyone has been enjoying my work. I have decided to take a short break from writing; for which I will be collecting more materials; and storing them up for future use. I'm hoping on my next project; I will be able to write with more often then I have in the past. Have regular posting dates so everyone can just check in that the correct day and time. I also want to have a better idea where my story is starting from; going to and ending before I start. Remember; Letters from Montaro was only suppose to be for one person to see, this came later. Although is was fun; I had no direction as to where the story was going, I just moved around aimlessly throughout Tamriel. I liked using Hidez and Plays; but it wasn't until I used Jaz'abel (a PTS charater) that the story really took off. I'm hoping to have a better sense of direction ahead of time next time I write.

Thank you all again for following my story; and as the Khajiit say; maybe the bright moons guide your footsteps!

Supply Order - Final

And so; my dear patron, you know my story. This one will need many moons to heal before he is back on his furry feet. My heart will take much longer to heal; though Montaro is not sure if that is possible. Montaro's brother makes for a bad hireling; so this one can not in good standings allow him to continue in Montaro's name. I have referred you; as well as all of Montaro's clients back to the agency for re-assignment. Maybe once's this one is back on his feet; we can continue are patronage. For now though; this is a heartened good-bye. My the warm sands of Elsweyr always meet your steps; and Jone and Jobe always guide your way! M

I wanted to post this last piece of my story to complete what I started. Since I don't even know if anyone is actually reading this; and the one attempt to gain followers during the ESO Live twitch boardcast was shut down my the people at Zenimax, I will no long be posting any more anything to the ESO forums. I've heard so much about how supportive Zenimax has been; and yet I was removed from live chat because I was trying to sent players to the ESO forums to read this! Not very supportive; if you ask me! Thanks and sorry to anyone who may have read this; but I'm done here! I will be writing more later; just won't be posting them here. It's Google Plus; and the ESO community groups I belong to only, as well as to my guild page! Take care everyone!