Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Easist way to install the PTS on a hard drive other than your main ESO install.

nukelusb14_ESO
nukelusb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I run ESO off of a SSD. It's limited in space, but I would really like to participate in this PTS. Short of me installing a whole new ESO on my mechanical hard drive is there anything I can do to redirect the PTS install path? Thank you for any advice.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @nukelusb14_ESO,

The easiest way to to it is to install the launcher from our website on to the drive you'd like to play PTS on, then install PTS from that launcher. You'll be running two separate launchers this way, but it's definitely the best way to do it.

First, create a new folder on your alternate hard drive for the installation called ESO or ESO PTS, whatever you'd like it to be. Then simply head to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ and sign in with your game credentials. Choose Download Game, then install the launcher to the new empty folder in your alternate drive.

Open the new launcher, select the gold cog in the top-right corner, and choose the Show Test Realm check box. Then start downloading PTS by selecting it from you list of games and clicking Install.

Hope that helps!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • nukelusb14_ESO
    nukelusb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! This worked out for me. Downloading 30gb+ took a bit, but it'll be ready for 1.6 when it is pushed to the PTS.
  • lailoken
    lailoken
    ✭✭
    For those of us with a data cap, can we please have a proper steam launcher that gives us the option to install PTS to a different location rather than resorting to:
    • Using symlink - which doesn't work since windows will report the host drive's free space, and not the linked drive space
    • downloading the launcher to a different location, which doesn't work when steam linked. Account.elderscrollsonline.com does not have a link for me to download the launcher, since I've linked my steam account, and therefore, I'm expected to use the steam launcher.