Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Crystal fragment proc problem

Artemiisia
Artemiisia
✭✭✭✭✭
After reading about how the "instant" cast aint really instant and takes about 1 sec to make before u can cast anything else due to cooldown.

I made some adjustments to my cast bar, and now I can do around 200 more dps, just because I removed this skill.

That for me is a double edge sword.

On one side I do more dps which is awesome, great love it, die monsters !! whoo hoo

On the other side, I just gave up on my class skill, that was considered at first to be a nuke bomb of dps.

so both sad and great at the same time.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I recently did the same thing. I held out until late VR, but I finally dropped crystal frags & bow, leveled destro, and now use crushing shock. I was surprised at how much easier dps is (but maybe this will change with 1.6?). And tough mobs were immune to the knock-down anyway. I've still got some other sorc skills on my main bar though - it hasn't all gone destro support yet. I agree it is a little bit sad. :(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Fragment is an Opener, not a Sustainer. Have Inner Light up and running, open the battle with Crystal Fragments and you can get 500 to 800 or more on the first spell. Then use your other spells/skills.
    Edited by Nestor on January 15, 2015 8:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never open with it, it would suck way to much of my mag that it aint worth it, I have since stopped using it, have people say they can see a noticeable difference in my dps. This is in group plays.

In solo I might still use it for fun only
  • VarilRau
    VarilRau
    ✭✭✭
    Only instance im using frags is in the SO while on Lamia duty, and its purely for that knockout. Trying to fit it into your rotation is just painful and wont really work out. As for an opener use a full charged heavy attack with fire staff, most likely you do more damage with that and returns some mana (opening a fight: crit surge -> full heavy attack -> ele drain -> CS -> light -> CS ->)
    Varil Rau, Mag sorcerer
    Viiltoveikko, Stam sorcerer
    Meadshield, nord dragonknight

DC EU
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill try to test it as a opener, next time in hel ra at warrior, if I dont pull 1k dps it will forever be left in the grave. Well until they remove the 1 sec cooldown
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    ill try to test it as a opener, next time in hel ra at warrior, if I dont pull 1k dps it will forever be left in the grave. Well until they remove the 1 sec cooldown

How I used it effectively as an opener is to start with Crystal Frags, then use a skill that gives increased damage on stunned enemies. But is is usually a cast once per fight spell. I have also used it, then gone into Stealth for a bow shot for more stun and crit damage. So, it is a skill that can be effective used the right way and to leverage other skills.

However I don't use Crystal Frags that often.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer crystal blast. Its slower but it has a substantial AOE effect and thus a higher total DPS against multiple targets.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are we talking leveling chars, solo pve, sole pvp, group pve, group pvp

for leveling chars, I would use it for sure, just both for fun, survivability and leveling the skill for maybe future skill changes.

for endgame solo pve, I just cant see the worth of using it, with element ring and wall of elements

for endgame solo pvp, will never use it here at all, for a opener with such a long cast, the enemy just needs to roll out of it, and then I have lost 20% of my mag on nothing.

for endgame group pve and pvp, here again its to long and the dps aint even that good on it anymore, I rather use lightning flood for synegies, and element ring for aoe

This is if we talking about using it as a aoe bomb like you are referring to LarsS
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use CF for utility (if you can) not for dps.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]