The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game icons in Windows tray when returning to idle PC

Anne_Savant
Anne_Savant
Soul Shriven
After being away from my computer (game is not running), I often come back to find two ESO game icons in the Windows tray. They disappear shortly after I first move my mouse to activate the screen. I have not been able to identify any related executables running in Task Manager.

Is this just a ghost from running the game previously, or is there some background process that kicks off when my PC is idle?

Thank you.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe there are some background possesses that run, but I dont know why they would when you don't have the game or launcher up. Try a google for the background possesses that go with ESO.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Anne_Savant,

This is a known issue that we're looking into. There are no processes running in the background when this occurs, so the issue is relatively low priority.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Anne_Savant
    Anne_Savant
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the reply! I won't waste time worrying about it. :)