The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Surge (sorc skill) and patch 1.6

frostbreeze
frostbreeze
✭✭✭
I know that there are already enough threads whining about sorcs being UP.Theyre also all correct.The reason i made this thread,hell the reason i made this forum account is to make a suggestion to ZoS that will not destroy sorcs on 1.6.
So i watched the last eso live and it was mentioned all staff skills will now scale of spell damage.The devs also said sorcs shouldnt worry because theyd make surge morphable to spell damage.All good right?No!Cause u have to either choose crit surge with useless weapon damage or the new morph that adds spell damage!I think i speak for every sorc in game when i say that when i first created a sorc i wanted to use magic and staves as that is what the name implies.So at first when i saw surge on my class skills i was like why would i need weapon damage?! Then i reaised that staves actually scaled off weapon damage so i was happy again.Now it only seems fair to me that since ure changing the scaling of staves u should also rework surge so that the basic skill gives spell damage and not weapon damage and add a morph that adds the weapon damage not the other way around!U can even make it scale from stamina like u do with some of the nbs abilities' morphs! But plz dont make a sorc choose between crit surge and spell damage otherwise ure nerfing the most underpowered class even more!Please consider this.
Kind regards,frostsoul of the banana squad
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Sorry wrong post :)
    Edited by Jahosefat on December 30, 2014 7:38PM
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it's surprising how the class development team has just up and left Sorc to die like a babe in the woods after nerfing them.

I don't know what's worse the fact that its happened in this game or the fact that 2 other sorcerer like class from MMO's I played got the same treatment during their early release of the game.

It seems like all Eric Wrobel is doing is focusing on melee based tank classes.

I could be wrong as I would have to wait for the PTS patch to be released for real confirmation but like I said with some of the previous MMO's I had played loyally it happened to those classes so I don't see why it wouldn't happen again.

I would hate to wait for another 4 patches before they finally announce a complete overhaul of the Sorc class because of negligence making it effectively useless and unattractive.