Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about 2 accounts

abuniffpreub18_ESO
abuniffpreub18_ESO
✭✭✭
I looked through the posts here about playing with 2 accounts but I have some questions I didn't see answered.

I have my collectors edition on drive C. I would put the second regular version on drive D. I know you can't send mail to other characters on your account but would I be able to send mail back and forth with 2 separate accounts. Would just a different userid and password work or should i pay the second account with a game card or one of those pre-paid credit cards ?.

Also can the characters on the second regular account wear Imperial armor or will the second account also need to be the Imperial version for that to work.

Basically I would like to mail back and forth between the 2 accounts.

I am retired, a widower and I live alone. Playing ESO is pretty much what I do everyday. I like to try different builds in different with different characters in the different alliances and I get tired of deleting them to start new ones.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Each account needs Imperial in order to get those benefits as it is part of the account not the installation per se.

- No need to create two separate installs though, unless you plan on running two ESO.exe's simultaneously which I don't recc. So just login on one account then logout and then login to your other account, same installation etc... works fine.

- My wife and I share an account for extra bank space and we just log into it when needed FWD mail back forth etc... Also, this shared account is NOT the imperial edition but our main accounts are and logging in and out of ESO on the same installation works fine. I don't know all the details, but believe that the control of the edition aspect is on the server side and not on your computer.

Great that you play so much ESO. I know what you mean regarding characters at least via the wife. She spends most of her time on the character creation screen, or that's at least what I razz her about anyway.
    Edited by Sacadon on December 31, 2014 11:35PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your crafter on account A (with imperial version) is an imperial, he'll be able to craft in that style without having to learn it, and you'll be able to send the items to account B.

If you're referring to the "convert to imperial style" option, this one automatically binds items to a specific account, so they cannot be mailed or traded.
    Wololo.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you like creating new characters, remember you get 8 more if you change the client to EU to install and run that client (8 for NA + 8 for EU per account).
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    You would only need two separate installs if you plan to run two instances of the game at the same time. Not sure how that works because the game reads and writes user data to a folder in your Documents folder, both installs would be writing to the same folder. Seems like that could create problems. I have heard of people running two instances but don't know how they go about it.

If you just want to have more than one account but don't need to be logged on to two at the same time, then you only need to create and pay for another account. Regardless of which way you go, the accounts are treated completely separately no matter how you pay for them, you can even use the same credit card and email address, just the user id needs to be different (haven't tried this myself, but that's how I understand it to be). You can send in game email between the accounts as they are treated completely separate.

As for Imperial, what Gyudan said. But just to explain further, if your crafter is not of the race Imperial and you use the right click option to "convert to Imperial", that binds the item to that character, so only a crafter whose race is Imperial can create and email Imperial items to other accounts.

As for EU, what omni said, but just remember that the two servers can't email to each other, but it is another 8 free character slots, they just talk funny there! (Yeah I know, it is we who talk funny here)
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    You would only need two separate installs if you plan to run two instances of the game at the same time.

Not even then.

To run 2 instances of ESO on the same computer at the same time:

Open Launcher, Log in on account #1. As soon as the game window launches, close the Launcher and open it again. Then log into account #2.

I do this all the time, just alt-tabbing between accounts. You need a computer that can handle it, though or it can be very laggy.

@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Great, thanks all. I'm not going to run both at the same time, just one or the other. This way when I find runes, plants etc I can just send them to my crafters.

I also just noticed that Bethesda has the regular version for $48, Walmart has it for $63 and Gamestop has the Imperial download version for only $30. Guess where I'm buying it from. So all I need is the installation key right ?.

And omniobsessed don't razz your wife too much. My wife and I used to play together all the time until she passed away. Best gaming partner I ever had. Enjoy all the time together that you can.

Again thanks all for the info. Happy New Year All.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I looked through the posts here about playing with 2 accounts but I have some questions I didn't see answered.

I have my collectors edition on drive C. I would put the second regular version on drive D. I know you can't send mail to other characters on your account but would I be able to send mail back and forth with 2 separate accounts. Would just a different userid and password work or should i pay the second account with a game card or one of those pre-paid credit cards ?.

You can easily mail between two accounts, the game doesn't track how they are paid, just that they are paid. SO you should be able to pay for them however you want.
    Also can the characters on the second regular account wear Imperial armor or will the second account also need to be the Imperial version for that to work.

Any character can wear imperial Armour, but if you convert gear into imperial style, then it's bound to your account (you can't mail that). So you would have to craft it in imperial style, which in turn means either an Imperial character or a character who's learnt the Imperial Motif.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping this would be easy but....

I bought the Imperial version from Gamestop this morning. They sent me the download code but when I try to enter it it says "You are not eligible for this product". I'm thinking I can't have a second Imperial version of the game just a regular version. I contacted Bethesda but I don't know if they are even working today.

Gamestop said they couldn't cancel the purchase because I was already sent the code and they couldn't void it.

Ugh
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping this would be easy but....

I bought the Imperial version from Gamestop this morning. They sent me the download code but when I try to enter it it says "You are not eligible for this product". I'm thinking I can't have a second Imperial version of the game just a regular version. I contacted Bethesda but I don't know if they are even working today.

Gamestop said they couldn't cancel the purchase because I was already sent the code and they couldn't void it.

Ugh

I didn't purchase mine from Gamestop but ZOS directly and I've 4 Imperial edition licenses under my name. So I know there's not a restriction from ZOS on this. I would guess that it's an issue with Gamestop.

And I'll definitely take your advice. I'm lucky to have my wife and need to appreciate every moment I've.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I contacted Gamestop and they said they haven't heard of this problem before. I contacted Bethesda but like I said I don't know if they are even there today.

I'm wondering if they sent me a bad code.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Just wanted to let you know the problem is solved. Basically it was my stupidity I guess. The instructions I got with the game code said to log into your account and put the code into the Redeem box. What it didn't say was to log out of your current account if you have one then create a new account and put the code there.

Since I never had 2 accounts on any game before that's where I got confused.

Any way I've got my second account and trying out new builds I haven't tried before because i didn't want to delete the characters on my original account.

So thanks for all the responses, very much appreciated.

Hope you all are having a great new year.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Man I missed that $30 sale. Was just looking to buy a 2nd account, but it's long gone. =/
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch