Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Maintenance – January 7th

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hey guys,

We wanted to give you a heads up that we will be having maintenance on the PTS tomorrow, January 7th at 10:00AM EST. We will be copying all characters from the European megaserver to the PTS, and also performing some necessary backend work. Please note that this maintenance is not for Update 6 and we don’t currently have plans to publish it this week, but we’ll let you know as soon as we have a date scheduled.

Once we’re ready to push Update 6 to the PTS, we’ll be doing another character copy for the North American megaserver. These characters will be available for about a week, then we’ll do an additional character copy for the European megaserver. Everyone will have a chance to test Update 6 with their own characters, though we will have templates available for you as well.

Thanks for your patience! We know everyone is really excited to give Update 6 a test drive, and we can't wait to get it into your hands!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update!
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    goooddd newsssssss :D
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    So next week ok ;)
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thumbsupcomputerkid.gif
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update...We really appreciate it. Everyone is antsy/excited for Update 6.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • ThunderCat
    ThunderCat
    ✭✭
    Please excuse my frustration but I am trying my best not to sound rude.

Judging from what you've posted, it sounds like you intend to have the NA characters play the first week, followed by the EU characters the next.

I was under the impression that the EU characters will be the ones to start off first and then followed by the NA ones. As far as I remember, this was stated officially a few weeks back.

While I appreciate that things always change in order to ensure that updates go smoothly, if what I'm reading is indeed how I am interpreting it, then it is my opinion that said decision is rude and unfair to those of us who did not get a chance to test Update 5 on our EU characters but were forced to use somewhat useless templates which cannot be used as efficiently as our characters.

I would appreciate a clarification of the above please.
    Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
    Head of Trials
    ThunderCatVoB - V14 - Nord Templar Tank
    Benjamin Dover - V14 - Dunmer DK DPS / Tank
    William Shagwell - V14 - Altmer NB DPS
    AA: 8m 33s, HR: 9m 43s, SO: 72m 58s
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Gina. Looking forward to putting some testing time once update 6 eventually hits the PTS :smiley:
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a question. Is there ever the opportunity to have the EU characters running with the NA character?

This would be an amazing opportunity for the community for both servers to play together. I know personally I would love to play and test the new content with the friends i've made through this game from the other servers.
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • LPabon
    LPabon
    so on update 6 a vet 1 and a vet 14 starts of with the same champion points? Dose that mean vet 2+-vet14lose there points and xp? im confused on that?]
    Moreover update 6 won't even be on pts this week. SO yet another day i feel like im in limbo just waiting to play on my main. I guess ill play some other game for the next week or 2. even though i don't want to but what choice do I really have?.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on spamming]

If your talking about the amount of times i edit this comment its not spamming if each time i edit it it was more then 255 chars different . I keep entering html instead of bbcode and was wondring why it was posting code but anyway what was edited? lol thanks for the LOL BADGE nice work guys still waiting......
    Edited by LPabon on January 7, 2015 8:35PM
    Like a cyclone, imperialism spins across the globe; militarism crushes peoples and sucks their blood like a vampire.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

We wanted to give you a heads up that we will be having maintenance on the PTS tomorrow, January 7th at 10:00AM EST. We will be copying all characters from the European megaserver to the PTS, and also performing some necessary backend work. Please note that this maintenance is not for Update 6 and we don’t currently have plans to publish it this week, but we’ll let you know as soon as we have a date scheduled.

Once we’re ready to push Update 6 to the PTS, we’ll be doing another character copy for the North American megaserver. These characters will be available for about a week, then we’ll do an additional character copy for the European megaserver. Everyone will have a chance to test Update 6 with their own characters, though we will have templates available for you as well.

Thanks for your patience! We know everyone is really excited to give Update 6 a test drive, and we can't wait to get it into your hands!

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThunderCat wrote: »
    I was under the impression that the EU characters will be the ones to start off first and then followed by the NA ones. As far as I remember, this was stated officially a few weeks back.

You mean you seriously believed that?? Sorry, but the fool's on you. I never seriously expected them to keep to that, and still don't. It's called experience.
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate that things always change in order to ensure that updates go smoothly, if what I'm reading is indeed how I am interpreting it, then it is my opinion that said decision is rude and unfair to those of us who did not get a chance to test Update 5 on our EU characters but were forced to use somewhat useless templates which cannot be used as efficiently as our characters.

How is this rude or unfair? If anything, it seems like EU is better off now. They will have a week to be become familiar with the changes before bringing their own characters to PTS to test. On the other hand, the NA players will be spending the first week becoming familiar with the changes and then have their characters wiped making any further testing difficult. And if testing gets extended then EU may have even more opportunity to test with their own characters.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭

Judging from what you've posted, it sounds like you intend to have the NA characters play the first week, followed by the EU characters the next.

US game made by a US game developer... US (NA server) is going to get first dibs on everything. Why is anyone A. Confused by this B. Thinking it should be any other way? I'm not saying that EU players aren't entitled to the game, but the PTS is free, I really don't want man hours going into get EU and NA toons on the same server. Not like it prevents you from testing, just annoying that you can't test it on your favorite guy. Well, to that I say tough. American game, american players get priority... The Canuks and Aussies are just along for the ride.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well from this post I think that NA players will be first ones to test the update 6 when it hits PTS and thats somewhere in a week or more, then we EU players will get another character copy and test it also, that's what I understand from that.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying that EU players aren't entitled to the game, but the PTS is free, I really don't want man hours going into get EU and NA toons on the same server.
    TBH, if they are not able to create a script, copying char database from EU to PTS and prefix every account with a EU tag, give this updated account tag to EU players to log into PTS with and do the same for NA players, then have a randomized password send to all players to use on PTS, then:
    a) their database is ridiculously structured and impossible to work with
    b) they are too lazy
    c) they don't give enough credit to players to be able to cope with the fact that they have to use a different account/password for PTS.

The fact that they haven't done this in the 5 or so month of PTS only shows the importance they give that testing. Development of a script like that can't be that complex that it takes a significant amount of man-hours away from the database people (that will be less involved in the testing phase than, say, coders or so).

But then, that is my personal opinion. No flying carnal actions are given.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character copy is nice, but seriously, who cares? The only thing this affects is crafting (well, and your undaunted sets), and I doubt many PTS players will bother with crafting all the sets and stuff. For the ones who really test this stuff/need it to test things, it honestly doesn't matter if it's a week sooner or later.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS break their promises pretty often nowdays. Nothing new here. It was expected that ZOS will please US players first. Not US players (it's not only Europe)? Pff, who cares?
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

@ZOS_GinaBruno: could you confirm that the character copy from the NA server will overwrite the one from the EU server?
    What happens to EU players who don't have characters on the NA server if this is the case?

A few facts:
    - EU players have never been able to test the new updates with their own characters so far, only through templates.
    - Since character copy has been available on the PTS, only NA players have had access to it on release day.
    - EU players have suffered from more update failures than NA players on live
    - Sunday 09/11: patch 1.5.3 gets released by accident and prevents players from logging in after patching for most of the day.
    - Tuesday 25/11: patch 1.5.6 is canceled after 7 hours of maintenance and the server is brought back online with the previous version.
    - EU players use the german and french versions more frequently than NA players and are more likely to find spelling mistakes in the updated tooltips

If I may suggest something, here's an alternative schedule:
    - day 0: characters get copied from the EU server
    - day 1: PTS is updated to 1.6.0
    - day 5: characters get copied from the NA server (overwriting EU)
    - day 12: characters get copied from the EU server (overwriting NA)
    - day 15: 1.6.X gets released on live.

This way (provided PTS testing only lasts 2 weeks):
    - EU gets 4 days
    - NA gets 7 days
    - EU gets 3 days
    Edited by Gyudan on January 7, 2015 1:09PM
    Wololo.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Character copy is nice, but seriously, who cares? The only thing this affects is crafting (well, and your undaunted sets), and I doubt many PTS players will bother with crafting all the sets and stuff. For the ones who really test this stuff/need it to test things, it honestly doesn't matter if it's a week sooner or later.

The update will not only affect characters and crafting, but the items that are in everyone's inventory. Weapons, armors and provisioning materials will be completely changed and it would be nice to have some warning about that.
    Wololo.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more about sets (not only undaunted).
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • LPabon
    LPabon

US game made by a US game developer... US (NA server) is going to get first dibs on everything. Why is anyone A. Confused by this B. Thinking it should be any other way? I'm not saying that EU players aren't entitled to the game, but the PTS is free, I really don't want man hours going into get EU and NA toons on the same server. Not like it prevents you from testing, just annoying that you can't test it on your favorite guy. Well, to that I say tough. American game, american players get priority... The Canuks and Aussies are just along for the ride.

I think a mega server with NA and EU would be sweet on pts
    Like a cyclone, imperialism spins across the globe; militarism crushes peoples and sucks their blood like a vampire.
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would disagree. With the Provisioning revamp being a part of this update I am betting there will be quite a lot of interest in that. And that will be the most difficult update to test using only templates.
    Gyudan wrote: »
    A few facts:
    - EU players have never been able to test the new updates with their own characters so far, only through templates.
    So that makes what, one less update than NA? Wasn't 1.5 the first update that allowed Character transfer? Doesn't make it right. EU really should have had an equal amount of time to test with their own characters before going Live. But don't make it sound like this has been the case for every update since the game went Live.

A few facts:
    - Since character copy has been available on the PTS, only NA players have had access to it on release day.
    So again, that was only one update right?
    And as I said, I would be more than happy to trade rotations schedules and let EU go first.
    If I may suggest something, here's an alternative schedule:
    - day 0: characters get copied from the EU server
    - day 1: PTS is updated to 1.6.0
    - day 5: characters get copied from the NA server (overwriting EU)
    - day 12: characters get copied from the EU server (overwriting NA)
    - day 15: 1.6.X gets released on live.

This way (provided PTS testing only lasts 2 weeks):
    - EU gets 4 days
    - NA gets 7 days
    - EU gets 3 days
    My concern there would be any progression that EU had accomplished over the initial 4 days would be lost, forcing EU players to start over again.
    My main concern would be to ensure that both EU and NA servers received equal opportunity to test with their own characters before bringing 1.6 to the Live servers.

If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭

I was under the impression that the EU characters will be the ones to start off first and then followed by the NA ones. As far as I remember, this was stated officially a few weeks back...
    At first I thought you must be unhappy testing 1.6 on a stale character. But upon rereading the announcement, the wording of the announcement does seem to indicate wiping of EU characters before 1.6 patch is applied. A clarification will be appreciated.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So that makes what, one less update than NA? Wasn't 1.5 the first update that allowed Character transfer? Doesn't make it right. EU really should have had an equal amount of time to test with their own characters before going Live. But don't make it sound like this has been the case for every update since the game went Live.

You're right, I thought it was update 4 (sooo long ago), but character copy was only available for update 5 (added in october).

I found this though:
    Our current plan is to start with the European megaserver, then later swap to the North American megaserver. This way, everyone will have a chance to test the new content on the PTS with their live characters at some point before it goes live.
    What changed? :disappointed_relieved:
    Edited by Gyudan on January 8, 2015 1:21AM
    Wololo.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found this though:
    Our current plan is to start with the European megaserver, then later swap to the North American megaserver. This way, everyone will have a chance to test the new content on the PTS with their live characters at some point before it goes live.
    What changed? :disappointed_relieved:

ZOS' right hand has no idea what its left hand does. It's been that way since the betas.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just be sure to listen to our feedback:)

I will test every single NB ability if need be.