The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arenas?

LordTearigan
I recently got back in to ESO, and some friends were thinking about joining, however they are avid pvp-ers. Their main complaint is that there is no structured pvp. Then I stumbled across this.
http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/06/eso-e3-3v3-demo/
Is there any chance this is coming to the game, because it looks fun, and it's already functioning. Seems like a easy fix, and seems like competitive pvp-ers would have a legit reason to come to this amazing game...
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your answer is in the post.

We set this up specifically for shows, such as E3, so we can get small groups working together for a quick PvP-style match. While it’s a small taste of what our massive PvP is like in the live game, we thought it would be a fun way for folks to fight with / against each other with the limited amount of time they have at shows like this. This mode isn’t in the live game, as it’s something we specifically setup for small, quick matches. However, ESO is a living, ever-evolving game, and if we see lots of requests for smaller style PvP combat, it could be something we add in a later update.

So no not in the cards yet but never say never.
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on January 5, 2015 6:21AM
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    It was only demo for E3, nothing more. It ain't coming to the game.
  • LordTearigan
    The Tamriel Foundry post is from a few months ago, and it says that the devs may consider putting it in. I have not seen anything else on this.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if something isn't currently "on the map", all it takes is the developers deciding to put it there... right now they likely are busy enough with champion and justice system, but once that's done and all its (likely) bugs squished... they might pick up ideas such as this and make some more PvP options to go with Cyrodil...
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard some people are arranging smaller pvp events in cyrodiil and even tournaments, might want to try to look up those.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will implement something like that, but it could be a long waiting. I think it's safe to say that AvA hasn't been such a success they were hoping for. Is it due to players or bad performance and other bugs, I can't say, but it's clear ESO needs something more or new. Either seriously upgraded Ava, which would bring AvA players back, or instanced PvP, which would bring some of AvA and some new players.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 7 is supposedly a PvP Update.

- Imperial City
    - Justice System PvP Phase?

So perhaps you will get something more :)