Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

abit confused on the champion system

gimpdrb14_ESO
gimpdrb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
so when the champion system comes out are we all dropping to level 50 and loosing the 14 skill and attributes points?
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good question. Don't know.

I had the same question about all the VR items in the game such as weapons, armor and potions; are they going to be down graded as well. If so, think of how much time players have spent crafting VR14 Legendary gear, weapons, potions, food, etc. Will be a lot of pissed off players if the conversion of these items isn't done right.
  • Northern_Wolfling
    Northern_Wolfling
    ✭✭✭
    not in 1.6. after that, they want to get rid of the veteran ranks. they don't know yet how to handle it exactly. so, we just have to wait for 1.7 or 1.8.

for 1.6 you will stay veteran with all its advantages, plus you can spend 30 CP initially with every character you have and earn more with every vet.
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    they don't know yet how to handle it exactly. so, we just have to wait for 1.7 or 1.8.

so lets think of ways that might be good for handling it.
    maybe just let us keep the perks as a reward for the grind we did and just scale everything down to level 50 properly.
    or maybe they can give 1 CP for whatever our max vet rank is?

• Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a problem with leaving both systems in place? Just curious...VR seems like a good way to focus on gear progression. While champion system could be more focused on passives progression. Some changes to the vision of each system might need to be made but this seems a good way to go IMHO.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 14 attribute points will be with you. At least ZOS said that now they are planning to leave it. New characters will gain it with CP.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    It'll stay. Vets who haven't reached V14 will get it automatically when Champion system goes live
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all are.. we all are.. infact so is ZOS lawl!
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I was redistributing some of my stats last night, I wondered about some of the crafting skills and items as well.

Some of the crafting skill points go into making items above V1. For example, once you get 5/9 points in Tailoring, you can make Level 50 clothing and armor. The next four points are all vet armor. How will that tree change?

And the crafting materials, what's going to happen to the vet materials? For light armor, Ebonthread can be used to make level 50. Is Kresh Fiber, Ironthread, Silverweave, and Void Cloth still going to have a use?
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    We all are.. we all are.. infact so is ZOS lawl!

Probably they are the most confused.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make sense that all the VR level items would be removed from the game and the points you spent on the crafting and other VR bonuses would be reimbursed to you. All the VR items, including enchantments, would be reset to level 50 including the gear you crafted, but the quality of the items would remain the same.

You may be required to respect your VR characters when the CS system becomes live.

So instead of finding VR level crafting items in Cadwell's Silver and Gold, you would only find the items at the pre-VR levels like in the zones were you leveled from 1 to 50. I don't know how Craghon would fit into this scheme since it is a veteran group zone.

This is how I think the transition to update 1.7 will be done.

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    so when the champion system comes out are we all dropping to level 50 and loosing the 14 skill and attributes points?

I say No, rather at 1.6 vet ranks will not be leaving until maybe 1.7, but not gone rather replaced with normal level naming ex. vet 1 = lvl50....vet 14 = lvl 63.

the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    felinith66 wrote: »
    It'll stay. Vets who haven't reached V14 will get it automatically when Champion system goes live

Wait so vr1 will instantly jump to vr14? Source? Or I'm confused?

No, they will not jump to be VR14. VR14 will still have more skill and attribute points. Where VR1 and VR14 will be equal is the amount of CPs they will get at start of 1.6.
    What comes after that is the problem for many. Basically, VR1 will have every single option to gain additional CPs. The most important of them is leveling or getting CPs by questing. This is a big part of getting CPs and it will be basically denied to VR14s, as they've already finished it. But many of those VR14 chars have already finsihed questing solely because they were told by ZOS that they will get some sort of compensation for the time and effort they will have put into leveling their char, prior to 1.6.
    So, it's a broken promise and a precedence for how ZOS will behave in the future.
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    felinith66 wrote: »

Wait so vr1 will instantly jump to vr14? Source? Or I'm confused?
    Greetings! I am Maria Aliprando, Gameplay Designer on the Champion System.

We are hard at work on it and I’m here to answer a few of your questions. Most of these questions were also asked during our Guild Round Table in the last two days.

What happens to the Skill Points from VR1-12? Are they carried over to the CS instead?

The Skill Points we reward will not be removed from you! You will continue to have the same amount of Skill Points you do now. The Champion System does not reward any Skill Points, only gaining Veteran Ranks does. When we take out Veteran Ranks we will make sure that anyone that didn't make it max Veteran Rank will still rewarded with those Skill Points.

I'm assuming they're doing the same to Attribute points gained when you level up in VR.