The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Craglorn Quests

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Contrary to popular belief.. I'm not about to complain.

I have a question. I have now just began Caldwell Gold, and I enjoy questing, so I definitely would like to go through the Craglorn content. I do understand that some (or maybe all the main ones?) require a group (of 4?). I am tossing around the idea of have a Craglorn Quest night within my guild, also promoting it on the forums to invite people outside the guild, but have no idea if it could work. Now for the question...

Is the exact group size (if 4, or if it changes per quest please be confirmed?) needed, or is that the minimum (example, 6 people doing a quest in a dungeon that requires 4 people to open a door)?
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The instances are capped at 4 players :'(

It was really frustrating while trying to assist members of my guild through the quests. Everyone still needing to progress would have to enter, while I picked flowers outside.

Now, there are stages of the quests that ocur outside of the instances, and your group can come together for those.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's disappointing news. I can now easily understand how it can be so difficult to find groups. I always figured it was just difficult to find enough.

"Looking for more for X Crag quest"
    "Oh hey, me and so and so would love to join in, we all need it"
    "Sorry, can only take 1"

Lame :(

I guess the event could still work... but you would need to have players helping who don't NEED the quests to round out the numbers, or always somehow ensure the exact multiple joined in. Well, I've got a ways to go before I even git Crag yet, I can worry about it then. Thanks for your help once again Shunravi!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Its horrible trying to find a group nowadays.Im still stuck on Missing Guardian which is 2nd last quest i think in the main q line..It really has been difficult for me and im just about giving up
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phasing makes it very frustrating for most. A lot of people don't even bother with it
    Edited by Cody on January 2, 2015 10:02PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS made it a nightmare for questing in Craglorn. First, you have to be in the same faction. Next, you have to find four players who can pretty much finish all the quests, start to finish, at the same point in their questing. If one player gets ahead of any of the others, then that player and others get out of phase and it can cause real problems for the rest in the group. Also limiting the delves to four man groups can cause problems for larger groups who want to run around in Craglorn. In my opinion, none of the questing in Craglorn should have required grouping, period.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it's hard to make groups. They could try to make it so you can invite friends and guild mates from other alliances. But I what I don't like is how little gold the repeatables give you. The ordinary ones give around 300 and even worse the trials give you around 600. This is ridicules because the max level crafting writs give you around 600; YOU MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT WITH WRITS THAT YOU WOULD WITH TRIALS. They seem to have put more emphasis on gear as reward rather than gold. But there are two problems. First is it takes to long to sell them with the current guild merchant system because of the fact that no one knows which merchant has what. Also there's bank space. With all the raw crafting material as well as the admittedly cool set pieces ESO has bank space is very important, but it's to hard to make it because it's hard to make a lot of gold fast. I have been gaming almost everyday since ESO came out and I still couldn't make enough for max bank space. What they really need to do is change it to at least 600 for regular Craglorn repeatables and 1000 for the trials.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    ZOS made it a nightmare for questing in Craglorn. First, you have to be in the same faction. Next, you have to find four players who can pretty much finish all the quests, start to finish, at the same point in their questing. If one player gets ahead of any of the others, then that player and others get out of phase and it can cause real problems for the rest in the group. Also limiting the delves to four man groups can cause problems for larger groups who want to run around in Craglorn. In my opinion, none of the questing in Craglorn should have required grouping, period.

It's crazy that the three factions cannot work together in Craglorn. It just makes no sense at all. I think if they fixed this one problem, then suddenly it would be three times easier to find like-minded players to quest in there with.
    If you can be anything, be kind.