Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fish and other Trophies

Firestar1992
Firestar1992
✭✭
Would someone kindly explain to me what the point of trophies are? Especially the rare fish. I mean, I know there are achievements tied to them and all, but beyond that, it seems like they're just there to take up inventory space.
  • Talrenos
    Talrenos
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are there just to take inventory space. Its just a fluff piece inserted into the game for those people with OCD issues that *have* to collect everything even though its pointless.

I guess there could be a couple dyes tied to it now thru achievements, but that's about it.
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    Man, I wish you could at least sell them or something. I guess all I can do is destroy them. >.>
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the trophies you get from completing quests are useful, like the bear trap and a light that reveals cloaked enemies without using magic mana, but most of them are useless and should be placed in the quest inventory slot.

As for the Fish - useless.

As I state before, I think you should get skill points by completing achievements instead of finding skyshards.
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Dyes now, but before that no point. And the trophies are mostly broken. I've killed the Emperor in multiple different campaigns and it wasn't easy, but I never got the achievement for it. If the achievements don't work then what's the point in them now. I should have the Dyes for the Emperor assassination.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rare fish are bound, but you can give them to any of your characters and make it count for their achievement as well (Second Edit: This only works with the rare fish caught on starter islands). It's a nice change because that allows you to also fish with alts to get the achievement on your main!

Edit: But yes, fishing is only for achievements and dyes currently :) The amount of gold or rare mats (Wet Gunny Sacks) you can get by fishing is not relevant for powergamers (you find a lot less than you would farming resource nodes or just hunting monsters in the same time) :)
    Edited by GaldorP on August 10, 2014 8:43PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    Dyes now, but before that no point. And the trophies are mostly broken. I've killed the Emperor in multiple different campaigns and it wasn't easy, but I never got the achievement for it. If the achievements don't work then what's the point in them now. I should have the Dyes for the Emperor assassination.

I don't know how a bug with getting the killing the Emperor dye has any bearing on trophies being broken. For the record, trophies are working just fine for me. They're rare drops, but I'm seeing them drop.

And did you bother creating a CS ticket about your achievement?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad that i've finally gotten the Khenarthi's Roost and Bleakrock Angler achivements. :) Gonna try on Stros m'Kai later this evening. :)
    PC EU
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many casts per rare on average? Does anyone have any idea what the "drop rate" is?

I've cast around 100 times on Bleakrock since early access, and have never caught its rare fish. I guess I could try somewhere else for fishing, but I really wanted to get that one first.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    I think it has something to do with the type of bait you use, and how many others are fishing with you. One of the loading screens mentions that if you have more people fishing in the same place, the chances of catching a rare fish are increased.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... you're saying that I've been keeping these 10 or so trophies in my bank for no reason? And I can dump them now? :smiley:
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One day when we get player housing maybe the fish trophies will be something we can mount on our walls.
  • Lovelyn
    Lovelyn
    ✭✭
    I with Babylon on this... I spent my first threes days collecting bugs and fishing... FOR NUTHIN'!!!! I want a house to have parties, and show off all my loot I've collected... My last two elder scrolls had places to display my prettiest goodies... It also had guards/NPCs that would run up and save me if I ran toward them with mobs.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL, luv how everyone who got ESO for Christmas has been necroing threads.

Welcome to the party! B)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can sell the blue fish for 110 gold. I'm hoping the green fish being worth 0g is an oversight and eventually they will be worth more than white fish, but less than the blues.
    [DC/NA]
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fish in recipes !!! Can only be fished. Selled in guild stores and stuff.. ! solution because reasons
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Lovelyn
    Lovelyn
    ✭✭
    I didn't get it for Christmas.;-D I've been around for at least 6 months now, and finally got to level 45!! I just haven't trolled Forums in forever. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!
    Speaking of fishin', I'm thinking about going to catch me some sauger once the weather mellows out.
    Edited by Lovelyn on January 5, 2015 5:35AM